Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Good assessment from Eddie Alvarez.....take note idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2hmBmwHkDQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Good assessment from Eddie Alvarez.....take note idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2hmBmwHkDQ

Ah yes, Eddie Alvarez...the salmon of knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Take note idiots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

McGregor doesn't touch Mayweather. Or Mayweather out of arrogance will choose to take a shot from him ala McGregor/Mendes.

I love Conor. Love him. 4 years ago on the dole to where he is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

McGregor doesn't touch Mayweather. Or Mayweather out of arrogance will choose to take a shot from him ala McGregor/Mendes.

I love Conor. Love him. 4 years ago on the dole to where he is now.

Most certainly an unbiased opinion from MMayweather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

spix wrote: »
    Most certainly an unbiased opinion from MMayweather

You're grasping the name wrong. He's a McGregor man..

MMA yweather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

There's a lot of good stuff here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I could listen to Firas & Robin talk all day, and not just about mma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I see Conor has a few new pics up from sparring. Mallianagi is in one pic mid spar and Conor is doing his hands behind his back trick (like he done against Alvarez).

Mallianagi looks pretty out of shape to be fair. He must know it too because he is sparring with a hoodie on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I see Conor has a few new pics up from sparring. Mallianagi is in one pic mid spar and Conor is doing his hands behind his back trick (like he done against Alvarez).

Mallianagi looks pretty out of shape to be fair. He must know it too because he is sparring with a hoodie on.

You know all of this from one pic and because of what the guy is wearing, WoW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Whelo79 wrote: »

That stance looks powerful. Perhaps he will have no trouble breaking mayweathers guard. Like he said. Pics. I want more pics god damn it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

cloudatlas wrote: »

To be fair, I looked at the picture, without reading the last line of Whelo79's post, and though "Jaysis, he looks puffed out."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

To be fair, I looked at the picture, without reading the last line of Whelo79's post, and though "Jaysis, he looks puffed out."

A selection of carefully curated instagram photos for your eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

A selection of carefully curated instagram photos for your eyes.

Oh, Jesus, for sure.

Especially from a genius level self promotor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd be the 1st to credit Conor

You'd have to line up behind Walshb :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

That stance looks powerful. Perhaps he will have no trouble breaking mayweathers guard. Like he said. Pics. I want more pics god damn it

sdl4.jpg?a416736

Paulie looks like he's been enjoying retirement - he looks at least a stone heavier than he was fighting in March. On the other hand, he did show in that Round 6 that he remains accurate when someone doesn't respect him, he had Eggington on wobbly legs from consecutive right hands.

I think it could be a shrewd move from Conor bringing him in. He still has the younger, fitter bodies to spar like Dashon Johnson but it'll be good to mix up the rounds going in with a few veterans like Paulie who know the game inside out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Paulie's main job will be to provide a similar shoulder roll style to Floyd. Paulie is awkward and difficult to hit when he goes defensive. Plus, not much coming back to hurt Conor. Paulie will also show Conor range and feet positioning that could be similar to Floyd. Stylistically he's not a bad shout to have.

Mellor wrote: »
    You'd have to line up behind Walshb :pac::pac::pac:

Aug 27...

walshb: Closed Account.....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

some interesting points from eddie here and id agree with his view completely on how the fight could probably go. Also have to say, so much respect for eddie with how he handled the loss in such a big fight, how a guy deals with defeat is the real mark of a fighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Eddie comes across as a really decent guy. That walk around with Ariel was a great watch too. Keep an eye on schaubs big brown breakdown podcast for updates. He said he was gonna call paulie at some point next week to chat about the sparring.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Paulie looks like he's been enjoying retirement - he looks at least a stone heavier than he was fighting in March. On the other hand, he did show in that Round 6 that he remains accurate when someone doesn't respect him, he had Eggington on wobbly legs from consecutive right hands.

I think it could be a shrewd move from Conor bringing him in. He still has the younger, fitter bodies to spar like Dashon Johnson but it'll be good to mix up the rounds going in with a few veterans like Paulie who know the game inside out.

Egginton was not on wobbly legs. That flurry at the end of the round was laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I never stated to KNOW anything. I was making an observation which comes not just from the picture. I seen him at all the press conferences last week and he looked overweight and actually said himself that he was only getting back into training. The picture adds to it.

Go take your feet out of your mouth now good man and try not to be so smart in the future. You must be having a bad day. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

walshb wrote: »
    Paulie's main job will be to provide a similar shoulder roll style to Floyd. Paulie is awkward and difficult to hit when he goes defensive. Plus, not much coming back to hurt Conor. Paulie will also show Conor range and feet positioning that could be similar to Floyd. Stylistically he's not a bad shout to have.

Agree as a sparring partner, you couldn't go far wrong with Paulie.

Do feel this narrative 'hes the knowledge' on boxing and cant help but impart the gameplan for Team McGregor has been overplayed a bit, mainly due to him being the best analyst out there and it seeming like hes a font of knowledge - when he's just good at making charismatic and explains his points well.

Egginton was not on wobbly legs. That flurry at the end of the round was laughable.

I was thinking the same thing. Egginton felt the shots, but it was funny looking at feather fisted Paulie unload full force on him and still Egginton barely moved...

Paulie wouldn't burst a grape!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I felt bad for Paulie there. The perfect illustration of his lack of power. Still, he did very well to get as far as he did in boxing with literally zero pop on his punches. He was also as tough and gutsy as they come.

Eggington admitted after the fight he got flashed by it and you can see him visibly stutter when he tries to get to his chair.

Makes me laugh when a fighter says "I was rocked by that shot" and some random internet person knows better than the fighter himself :D

Anyway, the point was Paulie still retains enough accuracy to find Conor's chin, whatever about power or fitness. He'll be a good guy to have around the camp.

Agree as a sparring partner, you couldn't go far wrong with Paulie.

Do feel this narrative 'hes the knowledge' on boxing and cant help but impart the gameplan for Team McGregor has been overplayed a bit, mainly due to him being the best analyst out there and it seeming like hes a font of knowledge - when he's just good at making charismatic and explains his points well.

He's a pain in the hole analyst in my book. Just doesn't know when to stfu. Like he's preaching to the uneducated.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Inviere

walshb wrote: »
    He's a pain in the hole analyst in my book. Just doesn't know when to stfu. Like he's preaching to the uneducated.....

He must think a load of MMA fans do be watching...

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    He must think a load of MMA fans do be watching...

boards.ie ones?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement