Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

walshb wrote: »
    He's a pain in the hole analyst in my book. Just doesn't know when to stfu. Like he's preaching to the uneducated.....

Sometimes I think he has gils because he never stops to take a breath.

He can bark on a bit but I for one find Paulie very entertaining and knowledgable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

walshb wrote: »
    boards.ie ones?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

giphy.gif

Jaysus christ, Pete! Bad ass stare that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

CdMYELtW0AgoxbH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

'I was suprised by Conors boxing skills, he is a little rough around the edges but nothing that cant be fixed by August 26th '

Paulie anytime now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

haha Dee's changing expressions in that stare gif always get me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gamebred wrote: »
    CdMYELtW0AgoxbH.jpg

And could you put up the same for Manny after facing x, y and z and then Floyd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

CdMYELtW0AgoxbH.jpg

Should attach a year to each of those pictures.

Conor will be part of the class in 4 weeks...

Cskep0zW8AAEnpS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

'I was suprised by Conors boxing skills, he is a little rough around the edges but nothing that cant be fixed by August 26th '

Paulie anytime now

And if it's the truth?

It's quite likely the truth given Paulie doesn't expect his boxing to be up to much, Conor has a very low bar to clear in order to pleasantly surprise Paulie.

Paulie can't win. If he genuinely thinks Conor is very good, he'll get slated by boxing fans and if he thinks Conor sucks, he can't say it due to the NDA he signed.

• Advertisement

I noticed there was no close-ups on Conor's face in the 3 photos he posted up today, probably because of that cut on the bridge of his nose.

Wonder who landed that punch on him :o

I noticed there was no close-ups on Conor's face in the 3 photos he posted up today, probably because of that cut on the bridge of his nose.

Wonder who landed that punch on him :o

What cut?

Gintonious wrote: »
    What cut?

You can't really see it because of the resolution but someone landed flush on his nose anyway, it's pretty marked when you see it in better resolution. I suppose that's standard for most sparring sessions.

kbxhya.png

You can't really see it because of the resolution but someone landed flush on his nose anyway, it's pretty marked when you see it in better resolution. I suppose that's standard for most sparring sessions.

kbxhya.png

Was that posted on his instagram? He is bound to get a few knocks in the lead up anyway.

Was that posted on his instagram? He is bound to get a few knocks in the lead up anyway.

No, it was on a video he Liked of him driving around Vegas with his pal last night. On his own instagram he posted pictures that didn't zoom in on his face.

Yeah sure he had a fading black eye covered in makeup in the LA presser as well under his right eye. I'd say it's impossible to do a boxing camp without picking up knocks and bruises.

What I hope they avoid is re-opening the scar tissue from the Mendes fight, that'd be a nightmare spot to re-open so close to the fight.

No, it was on a video he Liked of him driving around Vegas with his pal last night. On his own instagram he posted pictures that didn't zoom in on his face.

Yeah sure he had a fading black eye covered in makeup in the LA presser as well under his right eye. I'd say it's impossible to do a boxing camp without picking up knocks and bruises.

What I hope they avoid is re-opening the scar tissue from the Mendes fight, that'd be a nightmare spot to re-open so close to the fight.

Funny you mention that, I heard a call with Virgil Hunter saying he expects that to happen for his choice of cut-man will be important.

Even though there will be bigger gloves used, Mayweathers accuracy could cause that to happen.

Funny you mention that, I heard a call with Virgil Hunter saying he expects that to happen for his choice of cut-man will be important.

Even though there will be bigger gloves used, Mayweathers accuracy could cause that to happen.

Stitch Duran is the absolutely obvious choice but Dana White is a petty guy and doesn't like Stitch so I don't know if he'll have a say in the matter or not... but given Stitch is one of the very best, knows Conor personally and is available, I'd be surprised if they don't go with Stitch.

Stitch Duran is the absolutely obvious choice but Dana White is a petty guy and doesn't like Stitch so I don't know if he'll have a say in the matter or not... but given Stitch is one of the very best, knows Conor personally and is available, I'd be surprised if they don't go with Stitch.

Bloody Dana, it was bad enough what he did with Arial.

Just a reminder - the "Doubt Me Now" documentary premieres tonight at 10 o clock on BT Sport 1. It promises new behind the scenes footage, interviews and analysis (presumably Dan Hardy?) etc, so we shall see what they deliver.

Yeah definitely Dan Hardy lol. This should be good.

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/888400677784780805

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Egginton was not on wobbly legs. That flurry at the end of the round was laughable.

Eggington admitted after the fight he got flashed by it and you can see him visibly stutter when he tries to get to his chair.

Makes me laugh when a fighter says "I was rocked by that shot" and some random internet person knows better than the fighter himself :D

Anyway, the point was Paulie still retains enough accuracy to find Conor's chin, whatever about power or fitness. He'll be a good guy to have around the camp.

But he wasn't rocked by it. He mentioned that as a joke saying it'll add to PPVs - it hurt him that much he let him unload more on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭xtal191

kbxhya.png

You can see a slight mark, doesn't look bad

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWzW08jAvEx/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

giphy.gif

so good, fourth wall shattered

1 day of sparring and feather fisted Pauli has marked him up...

xtal191 wrote: »
    You can see a slight mark, doesn't look bad

Yep and he doesn't look worried by it either lol. The last time he was this relaxed and loving life so much in fight-camp was the Alvarez fight, so that's a very good sign for anyone looking to back him. He was a lot more serious in the Diaz, Aldo and Mendes camps.

Obviously you need to ignore the fact his opponent is a master craftsman to put some money down on Conor :) There's some really nutty bets being offered. Both fighters to be KO'd simultaneously 200/1. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I take it paulie has no marks?

1 day of sparring and feather fisted Pauli has marked him up...

I find your posts baffling lately. It's as if you were walking down the shops and Conor accelerated through a puddle in his BMW and drenched you.

I find your posts baffling lately. It's as if you were walking down the shops and Conor accelerated through a puddle in his BMW and drenched you.

Sarcasm detector not turned on today Dan? :pac:

• Advertisement

Sarcasm detector not turned on today Dan? :pac:

:pac::pac: No I just thought you'd want Conor to win this fight but I suppose your logic is if he loses he defo returns to MMA :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement