Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

darced wrote: »
    Armchair psychologist review.... Paulie is impressed.

Hahaha what is with paulie being unable to look away from the camera. It was the same on the press tour. His eyes flick around but always end up fixated on the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Gamebred wrote: »
    Cant see a mark on his face...

His left eye clearly took a smack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

spix wrote: »
    Dunno how that tells you anything. Mcgregor roddy and artem look pretty happy in that pic they posted after sparring, I'd say it went pretty well. Paulie could be downplaying as in his mind he's the superior boxer regardless of what happened.

If I was getting €60-70m in a few weeks I'd have a ****-eating grin on my face too whether I was getting battered in training or not.

Posters advertising games for the Commodore 64 look more modern than the official showtime poster.

mayweather-mcgregor-official-poster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That "Doubt Me Now" thing from BT was legitimately enjoyable.

I liked the bit showing what the fighters will see. Having never boxed nor MMA'ed (What's the right verb here? I'm horrid fuzzy this morning,) twas interesting to see the different guards and gloves "in the ring."

Paulie very tightlipped in the interview. Being very careful with the NDA. As Pete said, the footage would be interesting to see. I'm going to guess IF there is any, it'll be in that Notorious Universal production, if it sees the light of day. But if Conor gets sparked in the first exchange, it'll go down the drain quicker than last nights stout.

And nice to hear Paulie confirm that after the work is done, Conor is sound. As long as he can hang on to that, keeping Conor McGregor™ separated from Conor McGregor the person, he'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭xtal191

Looks fine to me

DFTAtjTUQAIXzWo.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW0g8B9lVP0/

xtal191 wrote: »
    Looks fine to me

Yeah, looks fine there alright.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

TheTownie wrote: »

Interesting that BT made this.

I wonder if they're interested in showing the fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Not sure what posts are bait and what ones are not but Paulie clearly has a small black eye under his left eye and Conor clearly has damage to the bridge of his nose.

They both got hit as you'd expect in sparring.

Regardless of who Conor spars with, they're going to hit him and he's going to hit them. They're not in there playing chess.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm getting 3, d'you want one yerself?

Not yet but if I'm ever up in court I might get one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Wonder and Pete will be down to the Credit Union in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I can't see a black eye, I can see an eye far from the camera that is in shadow. People on here will see what they want, that much is clear.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I can't see a black eye, I can see an eye far from the camera that is in shadow. People on here will see what they want, that much is clear.

People on here? lol.

Read the comment section of the video. Lots saying his eye looked bruised in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭DaithiMa

cloudatlas wrote: »

He has a small black eye. Nothing to write home about, standard sparring battle-wound.

mb7e5h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

He has a small black eye. Nothing to write home about, standard sparring battle-wound.

mb7e5h.jpg

Just spotted another sneaky bruise above his right eyebrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just read that CJ Watson is the guy who was texting Floyd's wife that made him beat her up.

Epic trolling Conor :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That is absolutely brilliant from McGregor. Draymond getting all pissy about it just puts the cherry on top. He should give CJ a ringside ticket for fight night and not tell Floyd about it, pure mental warfare. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Inviere

"I dribble heads off the floor" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

All to do with this:
    Storm brewing between Floyd Mayweather, Jr., and the C.J. 'Quietstorm' Watson

According to a newly revealed police report, reported by Martin Rogers of Yahoo! Sports, boxing champ Floyd Mayweather, Jr., was involved in a spat with his "former long-term partner," Josie Harris, in which he punched her in front of their kids.

The report shows that the fight started over the discovery of a text message between Ms. Harris and now Brooklyn Nets guard C.J. Watson. And now we may know something more about the source of the feud between Watson and Nate Robinson, who it turns out is a friend and admirer of Mayweather.
    The altercation happened when Mayweather returned to Harris' property at 5 a.m. on September 9. Police had already been summoned following a verbal dispute hours earlier, but Mayweather came back. Harris says she was asleep on the living room couch when she woke up to Mayweather, holding her cell phone, yelling at her about text messages from NBA guard C.J. Watson.

Mayweather and Harris were no longer together; the boxer had by then installed Jackson in his home and as his main love interest. But, according to Harris, it was not acceptable to Mayweather for her to see other men while living in a house he owned.

"All I heard is, 'Who is C.J. Watson, C.J. Watson the basketball player?' " Harris says. "From there it was just … bad. I was powerless. He was holding me down. I couldn't fight back. The kids were screaming and crying, 'You're hurting my Mom.' "

At one point, Mayweather yelled, "I'm going to kill you and the man you are messing around with," Harris told police. "I'm going to have you both disappear."

McGregor has previously referenced it before with the following tweet:

https://twitter.com/thenotoriousmma/status/819256823064784896

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

What's hilarious is I think in Conor's head he's going to beat Floyd and then get a shot at the winner of Canelo vs GGG and beat them for a world title. It's such a brilliant grandiose delusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,092 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Inviere

What's hilarious is I think in Conor's head he's going to beat Floyd and then get a shot at the winner of Canelo vs GGG and beat them for a world title.

What makes you think that? I'd imagine whatever the result of this, it'll be the last time we see him in a boxing match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

What's hilarious is I think in Conor's head he's going to beat Floyd and then get a shot at the winner of Canelo vs GGG and beat them for a world title. It's such a brilliant grandiose delusion.

If he wants to end up in a wheelchair, he would pursue a fight with them. Rumour has it that Amir Khan woke up yesterday after that punch Canelo landed on him.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »

Yeah basically CJ Watson used to play point-guard for the Golden State Warriors and was allegedly shagging Mayweather's missus Josie Harris and also allegedly the reason Mayweather snapped and beat the crap out of her in front of their children.

Floyd's 11-year-old son Koraun witnessed the assault and gave a statement to police basically saying 'my dad was kicking mom in the head'. Floyd was arrested, charged and convicted and served 90 days in jail. About 5 years ago.

Actually the worst assault he committed on Josie was many years before that but she mysteriously "recanted" her testimony shortly before trial. Floyd also beat the crap out of 2 of Harris's female friends and got a 1-year suspended sentence.

Basically he's a scumbag.

The line between bulletproof confidence and delusion is a very thin one. But I think you're way off the mark here...

Look what happened when he beat Aldo, he never once seriously considered fighting him again because there would be no real upside to a rematch.

If he somehow gets past Floyd, he will retire from boxing undefeated at 1-0 and go back to MMA. Dana is already hinting at giving him an ownership stake in the UFC, which will incentivise him to return.

Personally I feel Conor's "grandiose delusion" (if he has any) will be to try win both the welterweight and middleweight titles in the next 4 years. Welterweight definitely but I can see him bulking up a bit to try take the middleweight strap in time too. Look at Gastelum last night, he was competitive at 5' 9 with a 71" reach. Conor would be undersized against every middleweight but that's the sort of challenge he might want to take in the future.

It would be borderline impossible to achieve but not impossible to try it. Conor knows he will never be remembered as someone who defended his title a dozen times but he can certainly try go down as a 3-weight or 4-weight world champion.

Emphasis on try!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement