Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Tickets went on sale at 6pm and people are already b1tching on social media that it's sold out.

Edit: Those were the fan reserved tickets.

Either way lot of unhappy campers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Gintonious wrote: »
    So I think the point of the video wasn't to just show McGregors antics in an MMA cage and how they would (potentially) shape up to Mayweather........

Makes no difference if it wasn't just to do that. Doing so at all is laughable. Stance, body and hand positioning in mma are purposeful and tailored to.that.sport (shock horror) and with what attacks the rule set allows firmly in mind too........ and so saying McGregor will be easily hit in a boxing match based on how he stands and throws in mma is about as ridiculous as it gets.

It would be akin to if Mayweather was about to have an mma fight and someone posted a video showing him turning sideways and leaning back to avoid a punch in boxing match......... and said: "Mayweather will be so easy to take down.... look at how he leans backwards in fights".
    ....they were showing how Mayweather lands on a fairly seasoned pro like Robert Guerrero.

Well, they should have just made a video on that then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,227 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tickets went on sale at 6pm and people are already b1tching on social media that it's sold out.

Edit: Those were the fan reserved tickets.

Either way lot of unhappy campers.

All tickets on Ticketmaster are being sold by verified fan ,there is no general sale.

Most of the 17000 tickets will go to the promoters, the venue ,corporate,Vips, and secondary sites ,they probably only released 5000 tickets today for th egeneral public.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Firas with the 2nd part of his breakdown.

Key comments:

"Conor will destroy him in the clinch. I've clinched with boxers and they are physically weak compared to wrestlers".

"I've spent time with Conor and Zab Judah personally, Conor is a lot bigger and stronger than Zab".

"There are over 2,000 MMA fighters who would kill Floyd in MMA and I'm including myself in that number".

"If Conor loses I'd like to see a rematch in the Octagon with MMA gloves and a gentleman's agreement for no takedowns, no elbows, no kicks".

Maybe you saw them as the key comments, but what I saw as the key comments were Zahabi saying that he thinks Mayweather will easily, that Mcgregors punching power will be much lower with the bigger gloves, that he expects Mayweathers output to be way higher, that he thinks McGregor will fade after a couple of rounds, and much much more that he said in favour of Mayweather. You really cherry picked and manipulated those quotes big time.

All tickets on Ticketmaster are being sold by verified fan ,there is no general sale.

Most of the 17000 tickets will go to the promoters, the venue ,corporate,Vips, and secondary sites ,they probably only released 5000 tickets today for th egeneral public.

Yeah. Well they're gone anyway people complaining at 601pm they were all gone.

Question - Do the secondary site ticket prices get included in the Gate totals? As in let's say Stubhub have 100 tickets at $10,000 face value and end up selling them for $90,000 due to overwhelming demand, does that go down as just $10,000 towards the official Gate total or do Stubhub have to bounce back some commission?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,086 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Django99 wrote: »
    Maybe you saw them as the key comments, but what I saw as the key comments were Zahabi saying that he thinks Mayweather will easily, that Mcgregors punching power will be much lower with the bigger gloves, that he expects Mayweathers output to be way higher, that he thinks McGregor will fade after a couple of rounds, and much much more that he said in favour of Mayweather. You really cherry picked and manipulated those quotes big time.

I think all will agree that if.. and its a BIG if.. Conor has the slimmest of chances.. it'll be a TKO in the first 3 rounds. He won't win it on points so it has to be a TKO and apparently the general consensus is that Conor has enough proper stamina for 3 rounds (no one has explained why Conor can't get his level of cardio up to the same level as FM but anyway....) so he has 3 rounds to do it.

During those rounds he should not give one **** about getting docked points as a result, so he should bully and harass and push and clinch and throw and trip and do whatever he can to get FM out of his comfort zone and out of his game plan, frustrate him in the slimmest of slim chances to open him up.

If that's not his game plan then he has absolutely zero hope.

Django99 wrote: »
    You really cherry picked and manipulated those quotes big time.

:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103980907&postcount=7454

I already posted up the 1st of Firas 2-part breakdown and made clear Firas feels Floyd will embarrass Conor after Rounds 3 or 4.
    After Round 3 or 4, Floyd takes over and embarrasses him due to the difference in boxing skills.

The relevant bits from Part 2 related to the discussion we've been having today was the clinch discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Makes no difference if it wasn't just to do that. Doing so at all is laughable. Stance, body and hand positioning in mma are purposeful and tailored to.that.sport (shock horror) and with what attacks the rule set allows firmly in mind too........ and so saying McGregor will be easily hit in a boxing match based on how he stands and throws in mma is about as ridiculous as it gets.

It would be akin to if Mayweather was about to have an mma fight and someone posted a video showing him turning sideways and leaning back to avoid a punch in boxing match......... and said: "Mayweather will be so easy to take down.... look at how he leans backwards in fights".

They did, he was the one that Mayweather was playing with in THAT video.

I don't get why you are getting bent out of shape with this one, its pretty valid when you look at it. The examples of his clinch for example and how he wasn't moving stand to reason.

He was in a clinch where he is meant to be stronger, but was getting hit by Diaz, and then show an example of Mayweather in a boxing clinch (the same set-up that he could find himself in in a few weeks) and how he evades punches, gets his opponent to use up energy and then his accuracy when he does fire.

The first point in the video, where McGregor drops his hand as he throws, that is boxing 101 right there, the very basics, and yet his is doing is frequently in MMA. He might not be in a boxing set up when he does it, but he would have to be aware of the same consequences in MMA (a counter) in boxing, and doing it against the best counter/defensive puncher in boxing.

Its not ridiculous at all, looking at the evidence I fail to see how it is. You simply saying it is, doesn't mean it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Pedantic but ok here's the full quote:

"Mayweather's level of clinching competency pales in comparison compared to McGregor's. I have trained with professional boxers and when I clinch with them they are weak. They are weak compared to us wrestlers, come on you're going to clinch with a wrestler, are you kidding me? This is boxing fans airing their (laughs instead of saying insecurities)... If I bring you a wrestler and get him to clinch with a boxer for sure the wrestler will say the boxer doesn't know what he's doing."

I summarised it as 'destroy him in the clinch'. Strength wise. Firas did say Floyd will time punches in the clinch better than Conor.

Not being pedantic, just thought it funny when Walshb said 'you couldn't make it up' when in fact you actually did make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103980907&postcount=7454

I already posted up the 1st of Firas 2-part breakdown and made clear Firas feels Floyd will embarrass Conor after Rounds 3 or 4.

The relevant bits from Part 2 related to the discussion we've been having today was the clinch discussion.

Fair enough, I hadn't seen your previous post, and this one in isolation looks like Zahabi is giving some advantages to McGregor.

• Advertisement

They did, he was the one that Mayweather was playing with in THAT video.

Do you not understand what the word 'just' means.

Not being pedantic, just thought it funny when Walshb said 'you couldn't make it up' when in fact you actually did make it up.

Factually I said "key comments" not "key quotes".

So no, I didn't make it up and everything I posted was accurate. Believe it or not, not everyone likes when I post huge spiels of text quotes, so I tried to summarise his comments.

Firas clearly feels Conor will comfortably beat Floyd for strength and technique in the clinch but Floyd will get the better punches off in the clinch.

What would Firas know I suppose, he's only one of the best MMA coaches in the world and knows both sports extremely well... I'll defer to you and Walshb's superior wisdom.

Do you not understand what the word 'just' means.

So the parts with just Mayweather and Guerrero confused you when you saw the parts with McGregor and Diaz.

Got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,227 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yeah. Well they're gone anyway people complaining at 601pm they were all gone.

Question - Do the secondary site ticket prices get included in the Gate totals? As in let's say Stubhub have 100 tickets at $10,000 face value and end up selling them for $90,000 due to overwhelming demand, does that go down as just $10,000 towards the official Gate total or do Stubhub have to bounce back some commission?

Not sure ,but the promoter would usually supply Stubhub with a certain allocation on a 90/10 split .90% for Promoter,10% for Stubhub.
    Or else the promoter would just sell the tickets themselves through Stubhub and Stubhub would get the fees.
    Only the face value go on the official gate though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

So the parts with just Mayweather and Guerrero confused you when you saw the parts with McGregor and Diaz.

Got it!

Open a window there, chief. Classic case of cerebral hypoxia if ever there was one.

Mod: Keep it civil

Open a window there, chief. Classic case of cerebral hypoxia if ever there was one.

1480491072586-oooooooooooo-good-one.jpg

Here you go princess, its not even that long so you can pay attention to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gamebred wrote: »

Good grief with prices like that what gate can be expected for such an event ?

Here you go princess, its not even that long so you can pay attention to it.

What the hell are you on about :confused:

Little memory rejog for you: I laughed at the absurdity of some content of a video which was posted and you said that there was a good point made within other parts of it............... which I agreed with and so said 'Well, they should have just made a video on that then.'

What exactly is it about that which is confusing you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

image8.jpg

Never seen this before very powerful image of defeat here it looks like a funeral.

• Advertisement

image8.jpg

Never seen this before very powerful image of defeat here it looks like a funeral.

He is looking at the LV bag thinking "I never kept the bleedin' receipt!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

image8.jpg

Tony was a savage on season 3 of house of cards

• Registered Users Posts: 19 guitarguy18

i have virgin media can i buy this fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i have virgin media can i buy this fight
    Short answer is yes
    Longer answer is: not nessicarly from virgin media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Was MayPac available to buy on stream here or was it geo blocked and only available on Sky PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

BT sport have been running ads for it, surely that'd indicate they will be showing it, whether on ppv or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

BT sport have been running ads for it, surely that'd indicate they will be showing it, whether on ppv or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Pretty sure I read somewhere a few weeks ago that it would be PPV on either sky box office or itv box office. Doubt BT will have it live. Possibly deferred coverage if at all

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement