Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Rumble :D

Rumble is the outlier of outliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

It's amazing the insight you have into Conor's mind. Us peasants can only go on what's been said, and Floyds exes statement.

But you can cut through it all and see directly into Conor's mind. That's such a gift.

Ok well what do you think the Warriors jersey was about? Encouraging people to find out Floyd is a domestic abuser? Everyone knew that already and very few people knew CJ Watson was the Warriors number 23 a decade ago.

When Conor posted the original "Call me CJ Watson" tweet in January, it was a Macmoji of Conor standing above Floyd holding belts in the air. The caption inference was clearly Floyd lost (his woman) to CJ Watson, just like he's gonna lose to Conor in a fight.

How you're extrapolating "domestic violence" out of either situation is beyond me. If/when Conor wants to take a shot at Floyd for his woman-beating, he'll do so.... sure JK already came straight out and called Floyd a woman-beating-scumbag many times in interviews.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If Conor straight out called Floyd on his domestic abuse it'd be grand, good even. These hints to it are bringing in people that shouldn't be brought into it. It's a bit cheap to be honest, just come out straight and say it.

It's almost as if he can't talk about it................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Conor has completely gone for the you lost your woman/you beat your woman/stirring the pot angle with the jersey stunt.

But so what? That's his game. He gets under people's skin. Job done.

I don't see why people are getting ruffled by that; he's a combat fighter, he doesn't have to be a nice guy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I dunno, it just seems classless to imply but not state.

He's being very specific with the jersey and Instagram post but then completely vague in not following it up in real life.

• Advertisement

I never thought anyone was attributing 'class' to Conor McGregor in fairness. :pac:

Once upon a time people did

Really? I mean, I admire him, I'd be a fan, he's an exciting fighter with a sharp tongue and a sharper mind for the riling. But he's never been the 'classy' gentlemen fighter archetype. He's always been a mouthy jack-the-lad from Crumlin, always stepping over the line in his comments. He's like any other lad from that neck of the woods; they'll say anything to rile you up, and get under the skin. There's never been a line for him, not that I can remember anyway.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I dunno, it just seems classless to imply but not state.

He's being very specific with the jersey and Instagram post but then completely vague in not following it up in real life.

He's not implying anything to do with domestic violence.

He's reminding Floyd "Napoleon complex" Mayweather that he wasn't good enough for his woman so she went elsewhere for some loving.

It's an audience of one.

As if anyone following this fight doesn't know Floyd is a woman-beater and as if wearing an obscure CJ Watson jersey is the way to inform them... sheesh.

Showtime All-Access first episode on now.

• Advertisement

Disappointing first episode. If you saw the press tour it's not really worth watching. Tidbits:

1. For the first time we get to hear what Conor said to Floyd during that staredown in L.A. :

"If this was a real fight I'd strangle you (makes neck breaking noise) and rip you limb from limb".

2. It showed Floyd saying "we set him up big time" after L.A. and seemed pleased with himself the way it went down with cutting the microphones etc and also shows him huddling with his bouncers backstage in NY to explain the "Form Voltron" plan.

3. On the way to London, Floyd was sitting in the airport with his family and Conor's 'crew' came past. Not sure who said what first, but Floyd said something and just as he was about to respond Conor spotted Floyd's daughter and kept walking instead. Said something like:

"I'm not going to disrespect the man while he's there chilling with his family".

4. Conor says to Floyd during London staredown:

"Your whole legacy will be gone. All you worked for. It'll be all mine. Call me Money McGregor from now on".

5. Next weeks episode features Conor cycling in the desert with Julian Dalby (with no helmet on :mad:) and Paulie Malignaggi joins up with the camp.

Graeme McDonnell of SevereMMA etc was listed as an Associate Producer of the episode, Floyd an Executive Producer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Need a VPN to watch it this side of the pond it seems.

TunnelBear worked for me.

More from Paulie on McGregor's powerful left being overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

More from Paulie on McGregor's powerful left being overrated.

I wonder why Paulie is out there saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

red ears wrote: »
    I wonder why Paulie is out there saying that.

Not happy with being left on the shelf for a sparring session most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Outlaw Pete....a few weeks ago you told another user that Paulie would uphold his end of the mad.

Guess who is wrong.. ..again.

Conor should get Paulie in and **** him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,591 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Outlaw Pete....a few weeks ago you told another user that Paulie would uphold his end of the mad.

Unless Paulie is in on the plan of course. Diminishing the credibility of his best weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Mellor wrote: »
    Unless Paulie is in on the plan of course. Diminishing the credibility of his best weapon

Nah, this do not be 4d chess

Mellor wrote: »
    So Mayweather is going to hear Paulie's interviews and then .... what? Stick his head out for McGregor to hit ?

Mayweather doesn't even let pillow-fisted fighters hit him. Whether he believes that Conor has power or not isn't going to change his defensive approach much. This theory is fun but pretty unlikely.

I think Paulie is just being honest. But he's part of the show and I wouldn't have thought he would downplay Conor so much. I suppose this is the risk of bringing in big name fighters to spar. A young guy like Bradley is delighted just to be involved and getting paid, and will happily tow the line and say Conor was lifting him off his feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ok well what do you think the Warriors jersey was about? Encouraging people to find out Floyd is a domestic abuser? Everyone knew that already and very few people knew CJ Watson was the Warriors number 23 a decade ago.

When Conor posted the original "Call me CJ Watson" tweet in January, it was a Macmoji of Conor standing above Floyd holding belts in the air. The caption inference was clearly Floyd lost (his woman) to CJ Watson, just like he's gonna lose to Conor in a fight.

How you're extrapolating "domestic violence" out of either situation is beyond me. If/when Conor wants to take a shot at Floyd for his woman-beating, he'll do so.... sure JK already came straight out and called Floyd a woman-beating-scumbag many times in interviews.

Well, the VICTIM of the domestic violence "extrapolated" it too. Unfortunately, unlike you, I don't have that gift of seeing into the thoughts of another person, but the numerous articles about it also would suggest that a lot of people "extrapolated" the same thing.

Perhaps if you removed the blinkers you'd extrapolate it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He's reminding Floyd "Napoleon complex" Mayweather that he wasn't good enough for his woman so she went elsewhere for some loving.

It's an audience of one.

As if anyone following this fight doesn't know Floyd is a woman-beater and as if wearing an obscure CJ Watson jersey is the way to inform them... sheesh.

Your analogy would work if Floyd and his "woman" were in a relationship when the incident with Watson happened. Except they were already long broken up.

If I had a problem with being shown to be wrong.... I would hardly be posting the clip now would I and besides, that was about taking money to leak information about how McGregor intends to fight..... Paulie says he has no intention of doing that.

Not sure what you mean by 'again' but sure feel free to let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Inviere

I think Paulie could definitely be downplaying things, not because it'll change anything of Mayweathers, but some things are better off kept as close to the chest as possible. At best, it might just surprise Floyd on the night, at worst, it does nothing.

Yeah, I think you could be right about that.

There has been nothing negative said about Paulie from McGregor's side at all despite all this talk of him not having 'OMG Power' all week (a phrase which is beginning to annoy me I've heard it so much now) and so I think this could very well be Paulie showing himself to be something of a team player here. He was at pains before going to camp to say how much of a team player he was and how what happens in camp stays in camp and so it does kind of go against all that (somewhat at least) to be now repeatedly saying Conor's power has been overrated.

I'm not so sure I believe that if he genuinely believed that, he would so disrespectful as to say it before the fighter (who has been paying him to spar) has even fought. Doesn't add up at all.

Who knows, but maybe he has even been specifically asked to say it.

Need a VPN to watch it this side of the pond it seems.

I found a non-Geo-blocked video of it on youtube, it's here:

16:25 onwards is the bit at the airport. On re-watch, it was actually Conor scolding Gerry Byrne a bit and him sorta holding his hand out and apologising. Floyd said "what's up little dude" to initiate it, but seemingly Byrne said something to Floyd off-camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭noc1980

Paulie would be ridiculed by the boxing community if he praises Conor. I'm surprised he's even admitting to getting hit, seeing as most boxing pundits believed Conor couldn't hope to land a single shot on a champion boxer. Take his downplaying of Conor's power with a shovel of "I'm not going to allow the boxing community believe an MMA guy can rock me" salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It's an audience of one.

If McGregor was up for murder, you would still defend him.

Of course it is bringing up the domestic abuse case, trying to defend that really is clutching at straws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If anyone is clutching at straws...

He wore a Jersey. That's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who's the dark haired lad who is always by Conor's side? Wears sunglasses a lot?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Funny how cordial they were in the airport and people will still buy their ''Beef'' lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement