Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Help me out here. 9 mins into all access a dude comes into Conor's room and then into Floyd's...who is he?

Edit...Drake!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Drake the rapper.

Espinosa done some serious hours in the editing room, cut all of Conor's good **** out especially Toronto very biased.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Gamebred wrote: »
    Espinosa done some serious hours in the editing room, cut all of Conor's good **** out especially Toronto very biased.

what was the good shit? the bits were he called Floyd a bitch

:D

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    what was the good shit? the bits were he called Floyd a bitch

:D

Kind of thinking that myself...

Ah come on his stuff in Toronto was pure comedy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXH3qzTgN0f/?taken-by=thenotoriousmma

These ''sparring'' pics are possibly the funniest thing to come out of the whole build up absolutely pissed myself when I seen them, look at Cortez in the full ref gear and all, gold.

It's absurd to think McGregor would try to take Floyd down or head kick him, but that's something the boxing pundits have been asking since the fight was announced. "What if McGregor tries to use those UFC moves on Floyd?" etc. I think boxing purists have this idea that MMA fighters are madmen and savages.

It's all a bit silly but they've obviously decided to run with it from a promotional standpoint and encourage these "what ifs".

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

But I was told this will be the biggest selling event ever? Its almost like its been ridiculously overpriced for an uncompetitive sporting event. 
    Didn't Diaz 2 have plenty of spare seats too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

These ''sparring'' pics are possibly the funniest thing to come out of the whole build up absolutely pissed myself when I seen them, look at Cortez in the full ref gear and all, gold.

WTF is going on in those pics hahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The last one then of Brimmage, just brilliant :pac: some amount of dopes on FB comments trekking Conor he can't actually do these moves in the fight.

It's absurd to think McGregor would try to take Floyd down or head kick him, but that's something the boxing pundits have been asking since the fight was announced. "What if McGregor tries to use those UFC moves on Floyd?" etc. I think boxing purists have this idea that MMA fighters are madmen and savages.

It's all a bit silly but they've obviously decided to run with it from a promotional standpoint and encourage these "what ifs".

I know plenty of people asking this that are not boxing or MMA fans..

Stop making out that this query is just a boxing one..it's just an obvious type question..what if?

You know boxing has plenty examples of boxers breaking rules and using elbows and heads and legs..

So an MMA specific fighter somehow using a legal MMA move/illegal boxing move wouldn't or shouldn't be a big surprise, and even more so if said MMA person becomes frustrated and hurt and desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Funny how cordial they were in the airport and people will still buy their ''Beef'' lol.

There is no "beef", you're right but Conor has never had a "beef" with any opponent.

Anyway, Floyd was sitting there with his 11-year-old daughter what did you want from Conor to "prove" a beef existed? Start screaming abuse at him?

Do you think Jon Jones would start screaming at DC in front of his kids? Is their beef "fake"?

Even the most bitter rivals in combat sports, pick any rivalry you like, they're not going to kick off in front of children in private like that. They're professional fighters not animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

There is no "beef", you're right but Conor has never had a "beef" with any opponent.

Anyway, Floyd was sitting there with his 11-year-old daughter what did you want from Conor to "prove" a beef existed? Start screaming abuse at him?

Do you think Jon Jones would start screaming at DC in front of his kids? Is their beef "fake"?

Even the most bitter rivals in combat sports, pick any rivalry you like, they're not going to kick off in front of children in private like that. They're professional fighters not animals.

The fella that Conor gives out to is a pure scumbag

walshb wrote: »
    Who's the dark haired lad who is always by Conor's side? Wears sunglasses a lot?
    If you mean the tall guy with sideburns it's his friend Gerard Byrne. Brother of boxer Dean Byrne pictured below (who put Conor in touch with Malignaggi).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Paulie not a fan of Dana (with regards to what he pays fighters) it would seem.

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/891360347914948608

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/891342953930776576

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Who is that he's sparring with?

Frans Malambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Frans Malambo.

Dashon Johnson.

• Advertisement

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Dashon Johnson.

Wrong.

Dashon Johnson.

Dashon has tattoo's across his arms and torso, whereas Frans doesn't.

That's the easiest way to tell them apart when they have headgear on. The recent pics were Frans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Apollo Creed. Conor is getting those Rocky Balboa rounds in

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Conor looks to be going with Nike for the fight. He's been tryin a few brands but all the recent photos are of him training in the nike boots and the nike runners around the gym and cycling. Another big pay day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Conor looks to be going with Nike for the fight. He's been tryin a few brands but all the recent photos are of him training in the nike boots and the nike runners around the gym and cycling. Another big pay day!

He was wearing Under Armour a couple of days ago too. Interesting to see what happens, because it'll most likely be a one fight thing, unless he goes the route of having outside sponsors and than wearing Reebok in the cage. But I'd imagine Reebok won't be keen on having the biggest MMA fighter not in their gear.

Dana's latest May-Mac vlog.

I'm coming to the darkside, well not exactly but the more im thinking how this fight goes more im seeing a Floyd decision instead of ko, the 3.8 on betfair about it is massive an will be sub even money when Conor walks through his shots 5 rounds in and ko backers panic

takes headkicks elbows ect off bigger guys never mind off someone the size of Floyd its gonna be a beat down but im going Floyd 12 rounds to zip, ive done a 180 Floyd decision it is.

My man fb22.png

I'm coming to the darkside, well not exactly but the more im thinking how this fight goes more im seeing a Floyd decision instead of ko, the 3.8 on betfair about it is massive an will be sub even money when Conor walks through his shots 5 rounds in and ko backers panic

takes headkicks elbows ect off bigger guys never mind off someone the size of Floyd its gonna be a beat down but im going Floyd 12 rounds to zip, ive done a 180 Floyd decision it is.

Good stuff, give it a few more weeks I'll get you to the complete dark side...

Chris Eubank Jr. flying in to be part of Floyd's camp after him saying the other week how much he respects Conor and thinks he has a chance to win :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

Eubank junior might respect Conor but he doesn't think he can win

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement