Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Its confirmed 24.95e.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Seems Sky have got the fight, which is probably the best decision to maximize UK income for this - BT have pushed hard for it, but they don't have the 24 hour propaganda machine played in pretty much every pub and hosuehold of 18-34 year olds that is sky sports news.
    One of the big concerns for this from the start was that it would mean any McGregor MMA fight going forward is PPV now, when its been on standard BT sport before. Can't see it being any other way really, the new deal with UFC/BT and their increased investment in boxing with the plan there being PPV as well. 

His viewing figures in the UK have been very decent for the time of day they're broadcast (Eddie fight got about 250-300k I believe, which is similar to Crolla Linares 1 on sky sports broadcast at peak saturday night). Viewers who are invested enough to stay up till 5am would probably shell out £20  - and thats a decent amount of revenue to not bother with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

https://twitter.com/simonhead/status/892054692381020160

Funny how over here its $100 but UK and Ireland gets it for €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gamebred wrote: »
    Its confirmed 24.95e.

Decent. Was expecting maybe 40-50 but seems Sky don't want to break that ceiling.

Fair enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

TimRiggins wrote: »

That's pretty much the norm though isn't it. In the US, UFC PPVs cost $60 whereas here you get them free on certain sports channels or it's €20ish.

• Advertisement

That's pretty much the norm though isn't it. In the US, UFC PPVs cost $60 whereas here you get them free on certain sports channels or it's €20ish.

Yeah HD is €60, Mayweather/Pac was over 100 IIRC.

For McGregor Diaz I changed the IP on my laptop to get it for €15 on youtube rather then €60, Crazy prices for one event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Paying to get ****ed in the ass as bill burr put it. But 25 euro is cheaper than i expected

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

TimRiggins wrote: »

well it is at 5am here I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

ricero wrote: »
    Paying to get ****ed in the ass as bill burr put it. But 25 euro is cheaper than i expected

"Ya you know just to see what it feels like..." :pac:

I had set the max I'd pay at €25...but still not sure.

Any news on the undercard yet?

paulieeye wrote: »
    "Ya you know just to see what it feels like..." :pac:

I had set the max I'd pay at €25...but still not sure.

Any news on the undercard yet?

Its going to be 3 fights before the main event, TMT fighters in all of them I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

If I was in the states I definitely be heading to the flicks to watch it rather than pay $90 to watch it at home. Most cinemas / theaters are charging just $25-$30 too. It's a no brainer, especially given the decent hour it's on over there too.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-adds-movie-theaters-to-broadcast-plans-via-fathom-events
    “The buzz that my fight against Conor McGregor is getting has been great already, so what better way to watch this larger-than-life event than on the big screen? We brought boxing back to movie theaters eight years ago and it was a huge success, but this event is on a different level and I’m so glad we are giving fans another way to see all the action. Grab your popcorn because this is a fight no one will want to miss.”

Granted you're taking a chance on being seated beside dickheads but sure that's no different for any event really.

Personally I love to see it in Movies @ Dundrum's Mezz.

.... but at these prices I will no doubt just fire up the projector at home sure.

Was expecting it to be much more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The cinema to watch a fight feels like potential hell, it's painful enough going to the movies with fools in the crowd. Imagine the people this fight would attract to the cinema. I wouldn't take that gamble.

It's on at a good time in summer = friends over, bbq and beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How late can you leave it before buying the PPV? Could you leave it as late as 10 mins before the fight, or would it have to be ordered before the PPV starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

You could buy it as the fight is happening if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

<snip>

Mod: Dont post tasteless crap like that again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Inviere

Fromvert wrote: »
    The cinema to watch a fight feels like potential hell, it's painful enough going to the movies with fools in the crowd. Imagine the people this fight would attract to the cinema. I wouldn't take that gamble.

It's on at a good time in summer = friends over, bbq and beer

Precisely, I'd happily pay the extra to watch it at home AWAY from other people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

So for those who don't have sky, what are the usual legal means of watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So for those who don't have sky, what are the usual legal means of watching?

You don't need sky. You can order it and watch it online legally through sky sports box office apps which are available for most devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You don't need sky. You can order it and watch it online legally through sky sports box office apps which are available for most devices.

Is this @irish/UK prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

gilmour wrote: »
    <snip>

I remember when I was a kid going to see a Rocky movie (didn't get id'd in that cinema!) and two lads down the front row started being the sh1te out of each other during the main fight.
    I'd say this will be similar.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Is this @irish/UK prices?

£19.95/€24.95

http://www.skysports.com/terms-and-conditions/12930/10539101/FAQs

The above is from Kell Brooks last fight but everything should be the same for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    £19.95/€24.95

http://www.skysports.com/terms-and-conditions/12930/10539101/FAQs

The above is from Kell Brooks last fight but everything should be the same for this

I presume you can view in Chrome and subsequently Chromecast it, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Tommy McCormack working the fight as Conor's cut-man. Would have preferred Stitch Duran by a mile, you can't beat big fight experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Tommy McCormack working the fight as Conor's cut-man. Would have preferred Stitch Duran by a mile, you can't beat big fight experience.

It was never gonna be Stich considering it's a co promotion with Zuffa boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You could buy it as the fight is happening if you want.

Knowing what a con-cash grab this is they'll probably still be selling it in September!

Paully D wrote: »
    I presume you can view in Chrome and subsequently Chromecast it, yeah?

I would assume so yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

walshb wrote: »
    Knowing what a con-cash grab this is they'll probably still be selling it in September!

That happens sometimes doesn't it? You can buy the PPV for a reduced price for a short while after the event ends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I need more, new vids, sparing, sh!t talking anything, give me my fix. Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That happens sometimes doesn't it? You can buy the PPV for a reduced price for a short while after the event ends?

No sure, but usually Sky then show the PPV event on its sports channels about a week or two after the event...No charge...

Just hibernate for a week or two and bingo, you've saved 25 bucks...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement