Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Put 100 euro on Mayweather to win in rounds 1-4 at odds of 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Put €100 on Mayweather to win in rounds 1-4 at odds of 11/2

Great bet

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

Paulie about to talk on Off the Ball now, for anyone needing a McGregor fix

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

BobCobb wrote: »
    Paulie about to talk on Off the Ball now, for anyone needing a McGregor fix

Some shower of bluffers those lads are. Pure ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Kavanagh is an absolute milksop personality. Cowardly almost.

He gave Dana stick for the way Dana introduced McGregor at the Press Conferences. As if Kav could do any better. He goes redder than Dana at even the most minor public speaking job.

He's a bully online as well. And spouts nonsense. What fighter, apart from Conor, has he developed ?

No serious MMA coach would have the social media presence that Kavanagh does. Has to plug that rubbish book as well I suppose.

That's actually a medical condition, as you probably well know.

This entire post stinks of the pot calling the kettle black.

• Advertisement

Hah, I love the way Cortez gets into it when he's describing the moment he stops the fight.

This brief promo will have to do... for now.

Such an oldschool boxing promo... gets me excited a bit, haven't seen a fight promo like that since I was a youngin'! Bit of a nostalgia buzz...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Some shower of bluffers those lads are. Pure ****e.

In fairness it was one of the better interviews I've heard with Paulie so far.

Here's the link for anyone interested.

His logic is amazingly condescending and flawed, as I've said before.

So he's basically saying:

"Freddie tried with Manny and failed, therefore he's no good to us."

By that same logic, why did he stay head coach for the Diaz fight? After all, he tried and failed there himself.

Oh, yeah. "Win or Learn".

So it boils down to this: "I, John Kavanagh, am capable of learning from my mistakes, but Freddie Roach is not".

Meh, I've no problem with Freddie not being involved but it's the pseudo-intellectual explanation that's fairly stupid. It's clearly an ego thing, he didn't want Freddie coming in because then Freddie gets all the credit if Conor wins.

The Gordon Ramsay analogy he used was fairly twisted as well.

Here's a better Ramsay analogy: If Gordon makes a mess of your beef wellington, instead of going home saying "he's not good enough I'll cook me own dinner", maybe trust his expertise to get it right the next time.

Ego stuff.

Fairly scathing post there WL, I think you're reading between the lines a tad.

I really don't see how ego comes into it. He's not saying Freddie failed therefor didn't learn, infact he's saying quite the opposite; he's learned from his error.

Remember when McGregor tweeted something about Mayweather not being able to be beat by a boxer, or something to that ilk? This has been the game plan from day 1.

You won't teach one of the greatest martial artists how to box in a couple of months. It just won't happen. It's square peg round hole stuff. What they need to concentrate on is what McGregor is strong on, and how they can apply that within the ruleset. They need to come at it from a completely different angle.

There's good logic there, method to his madness etc. It'd be madness to bring in a boxing coach who just won't get onboard with trying to fight outside the box here, they'd come in and just say 'Okay, unlearn everything you have until this point, and listen to me...'

McGregor can't beat Mayweather at his own game, but he has a skillset that could cause an upset. They'll play to that.

.ak wrote: »
    That's actually a medical condition, as you probably well know.

This entire post stinks of the pot calling the kettle black.

Why give it the large one as he always does? Dana introduction of Conor were brilliant. Would love to have seen Kavamaghs meek attempt. Actually I would rather not.

Kavanagh criticises everyone so why can I criticise his criticisms?

• Advertisement

Why give it the large one as he always does? Dana introduction of Conor were brilliant. Would love to have seen Kavamaghs meek attempt. Actually I would rather not.

Kavanagh criticises everyone so why can I criticise his criticisms?

Criticising a medical condition is very big of you, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Criticising a medical condition is very big of you, well done.

What medical condition?

What medical condition?

He has a condition, unsure what's called but he's talked about it frequently, that his skin goes badly red/breaks out in a rash if he's put in anxious positions, i.e talking publicly, to cameras etc.

He has a condition, unsure what's called but he's talked about it frequently, that his skin goes badly red/breaks out in a rash if he's put in anxious positions, i.e talking publicly, to cameras etc.

Well then he shouldn't really throw stones at Dana turning into a human hotdog from that glass house, should he?

He's a decent coach and a nice fella in person but he could do with putting down the phone and staying off twitter now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rosacea..

He talked about this on the late late show..

The thing I don't get about Paulie is... For someone who's gone on about not being able to talk about what he's seen in camp, he's talking an awful lot.

Constantly talking about how McGregor is going to approach it differently, how he's going to be awkward, unknown factor, he's still hasn't improved since his early spar videos, yada yada.

Surely all of this is breach of NDA? Why aren't the camp jumping up and down about this?

Something is odd there...

Well then he shouldn't really throw stones at Dana turning into a human hotdog from that glass house, should he?

He's a decent coach and a nice fella in person but he could do with putting down the phone and staying off twitter now and then.

Dana doesn't have a medical condition... I doubt Dana cares, just a bit of slagging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Whats funny about Floyd is hes known for playing games with camps, he took a Philippine photographer on from Manny then took Alex Ariza who was his strength trainer, he will try something here hes probably paying Paulie for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Kavanagh is an absolute milksop personality. Cowardly almost.

He gave Dana stick for the way Dana introduced McGregor at the Press Conferences. As if Kav could do any better. He goes redder than Dana at even the most minor public speaking job.

He's a bully online as well. And spouts nonsense. What fighter, apart from Conor, has he developed ?

No serious MMA coach would have the social media presence that Kavanagh does. Has to plug that rubbish book as well I suppose.

C'mon, pal. You're on the internet making attacks on his looks and temperament . Ever hear of the idea of projecting?

The thing I don't get about Paulie is... For someone who's gone on about not being able to talk about what he's seen in camp, he's talking an awful lot.

Constantly talking about how McGregor is going to approach it differently, how he's going to be awkward, unknown factor, he's still hasn't improved since his early spar videos, yada yada.

Surely all of this is breach of NDA? Why aren't the camp jumping up and down about this?

Paulie is like the fooking Ed Sheeran of boxing..

He needs to just fook off...

• Advertisement

Dana doesn't have a medical condition... I doubt Dana cares, just a bit of slagging.

Why is it slagging when Kavanagh has a pop off of Dana but you get on your high horse when I slag Kavanagh off?

Why is it slagging when Kavanagh has a pop off of Dana but you get on your high horse when I slag Kavanagh off?

Because mocking someone on their physical appearance is pretty low..

Bit odd-sad that this needs to be pointed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yeah, I said the same last week about the 'He doesn't have OMG power' comment.

If anyone of Paulie's stature in the sport of boxing said such a thing normally, McGregor would be on Twitter in a heartbeart with a put down.... but yet not a peep from anyone in his camp about (which to me at least) suggests they are happy with him saying it... but why would that be?

Cause he does have OMG power of course :P

Only joking now before someone lynches me.

But yeah, it is all a bit weird the way he hasn't stopped talking and there's been no response to him saying a lot of stuff one would associate with things that might be best not spoken about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Can't imagine a world where McGregor pursues a breach of a NDA for something camp related. Perhaps Paulie thinks same...

walshb wrote: »
    Because mocking someone on their physical appearance is pretty low..

Bit odd-sad that this needs to be pointed out.

Were they not mocking Cyborg at weekend?

No more Kavanagh comments from me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

This is a possibility, however unlikely: McGregor is paying Paulie a few bob to say what he is saying, and what he is told to say is limited so it looks genuine and not an obvious script.

Gamebred wrote: »

So once a month he's going to fly to Vegas and sit in a club for money?

Jesus christ.

Odds on him moving to California full time in the next 12 months lads?

I was out of order. Apologies to Kav and anyone offending

There I am giving out about his online persona and I am no better.

Apologies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So once a month he's going to fly to Vegas and sit in a club for money?

Jesus christ.

Odds on him moving to California full time in the next 12 months lads?

*IF* that's true his slow ascent up his own a$$hole has begun...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement