Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gintonious wrote: »
    Do we have to be fans to post?

FYI, I am a fan of McGregor, supported him in his MMA fights all the way.

This is a bit different though, wouldn't you agree?

Absolutely not, was mainly in response to walshb telling wonder to disconnect the internet, when he probably has as much responses in the thread as anyone.
    I've probably been to more Conor fights that 95% of people on this thread

Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Dont know if the rule still exists but there was a time in amateur boxing when you could have a tidy moustache but had to be otherwise clean shaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

John_D80 wrote: »
    Dont know if the rule still exists but there was a time in amateur boxing when you could have a tidy moustache but had to be otherwise clean shaven.

Conors beard is not big country tho, would Floyd just request it to be a dick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Conors beard is not big country tho, would Floyd just request it to be a dick ?

The facial hair doesn't have to be long for it to be a problem.

The beard rule has largely been relaxed, especially in the US. Technically you are meant to be able to see the jaw line, so if it is enforced a trim should be fine. It's stubble they are more concerned with, as that can lead to problems with cuts.

• Advertisement

John_D80 wrote: »
    The facial hair doesn't have to be long for it to be a problem.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    The beard rule has largely been relaxed, especially in the US. Technically you are meant to be able to see the jaw line, so if it is enforced a trim should be fine. It's stubble they are more concerned with, as that can lead to problems with cuts.

Jaysus you learn something new, never thought of a cut thing but sure hair you go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »

If Conor manages to beat Floyd I'll be the first on here to be happy for him and admit I was wrong. In my opinion its more likely we see pigs fly :D but I hope it does happen

If he can land on him once or twice I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

That's what I've been saying in my usual long-winded way :)

Ariel backed that up on the MMA Beat too. Granted you can obviously guess his sources are the very closest members of Conor's team (and probably Conor himself) but he said, quote, "I'm hearing, take this with a pinch of salt, that Conor is surprising everyone (on the team) with how good he has been (against Paulie), he is greatly exceeding expectations".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

DGUyzFaVYAARGLz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The Nal wrote: »
    :confused:

Why would you think McGregor should batter a pro boxer?

Remember, McGregor is paying this lad. So hes been told how to box etc.

Just based off of fitness as I said. Paulie is coming off the couch whereas McGregor looks in top condition.

Gamebred wrote: »
    DGUyzFaVYAARGLz.jpg

Dont give a crap what went on before or after that, but admit that its a savage photo that shows combat in its best even if roles were reversed.

Yougurty takes a deadly photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Why does Conor have tape all over the chin of his headgear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Dont give a crap what went on before or after that, but admit that its a savage photo that shows combat in its best even if roles were reversed.

Yougurty takes a deadly photo

His comment that went with it was terrible though and shows the awful sycophancy surrounding McGregor. He's clearly just thrown a shot that has either missed or only made partial context and apparently that's how he'll KO him. By missing punches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The most striking think about that photo are the eyes of both fighters.... and they couldn't be any different.

His comment that went with it was terrible though and shows the awful sycophancy surrounding McGregor. He's clearly just thrown a shot that has either missed or only made partial context and apparently that's how he'll KO him. By missing punches?

didnt see the comment only the pic that GB posted. Still a great photo to have and look back on regardless if your conor or paulie or anyone. **** all pictures of me doing my job :(

The most striking think about that photo are the eyes of both fighters.... and they couldn't be any different.

Yeah, one's wearing full face headgear and one isn't... mad how that works...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

DGUyzFaVYAARGLz.jpg

...his right hand, for jaysis sake.

Great photo.

Yeah he shoots some good shots but my god his captions are cringey cleans Conor's arse for him with all the ass licking.

• Advertisement

Yeah, one's wearing a full face guard and one isn't... mad how that works...

Don't be a smart arse.

I was referring to how Paulie's eyes tell one story and McGregor's another.

Conor looks the picture of calmness there in comparison to Paulie.

You'd think McGregor was the pro-boxer from that shot and not the other way around.

Don't be a smart arse.

I was referring to how Paulie's eyes tell one story and McGregor's another.

Conor looks the picture of calmness there in comparison to Paulie.

You'd think McGregor was the pro-boxer from that shot and not the other way around.

The picture looks like Conor missed a lead uppercut and got caught with a right hook.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXWSLydFEEI/

I'm loving this propaganda guys its roping me in #49-1

Let me Dinsta that for you :P

paulie22.jpg

Beating the piss out of the pro this is north korea type stuff haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Yeah he shoots some good shots but my god his captions are cringey cleans Conor's arse for him with all the ass licking.

Meanwhile, Ryan Curtis put out a post this evening...

"The fact is this life makes me happy and I love doing it, Anybody who wants to see me fall can suck my big balls and you can catch me at the top then throw your arm around me just like you always wanted to see me there but there's a reason why my circle is small"

No comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Serious question, why is Pauli wearing all Everlast stuff? Do they sponser him? those 16oz Powerlock sparring gloves are huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Nah, it's from the new EA game, **** you, I'm Conor McGregor.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, Ryan Curtis put out a post this evening...

"The fact is this life makes me happy and I love doing it, Anybody who wants to see me fall can suck my big balls and you can catch me at the top then throw your arm around me just like you always wanted to see me there but there's a reason why my circle is small"

No comment.

With his weight class so weak I think he has potential needs less instagram posing and more training, had a tough enough up bringing would root for him before Gallagher anyways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement