Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Looks like it? Decent straight left landed just at the end of range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Maybe the reason for the tape is.........
    "You said you were going knock me beard off....... well, see if you can knock some of this fcuking tape off!"

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Serious question, why is Pauli wearing all Everlast stuff? Do they sponser him? those 16oz Powerlock sparring gloves are huge.

I doubt it, he wore Cleto Reyes for the majority of his career. A spar behind closed doors for a retired boxer, don't think they'd be exactly repping gear, most likely wearing what they are used to/comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

From the right side of Paulie's face in both sessions, I think it's fair to surmise there's been some serious work put into Conor's right hand.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    gfCdg3Ov.jpg:large

That ''oh my god' power dont seem too average now WAR MCGREGOR

Your link don't work, son.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Apoligies guys

DGVtnYPUQAARb7_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I was just thinking north korea! obviously the photos arent fake, 'and just when I thought i was out' etc. but I want to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm a McGregor fan, but I'm also a boxing fan first - grew up watching boxing with my old man, I'll gladly sit and watch someone like Anthony Fitz brawl around a square ring against some randomer and get joy from it, as such my head says McGregor is the only loser in this fight, although in reality he's the only winner, even if he doesn't make it past 4 rounds, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank after convincing people to pay him 100+ million for this...

but having read the last few pages, I am now gleeful at the prospect of McGregor giving Floyd a hard time, just to wipe some of the smug comments from some people's faces here. Jesus, can you imagine if he wins? That will be mind blowing, how shocked some people will be, and how many people will have to raise their hand in defeat. It will give me a chuckle, at the very least.

Isn't that what this fight represents? This vs That, MMA vs Boxing, Style vs Industry... That's what makes it so interesting, and out of all the previous big name cross-code fights, this has to be the biggest, most achievable, most even? The two best (or near enough) combat sport athletes of our generation, if the boys can make it a fight, and make it past 4 or 5 rounds, I think both sides will surprise, and what a treat we're in for as combat sport fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There's no way paulie is 12 rounds fit, but awesome pics all the same!! Theres a body language video on youtube analysing paulie after the last spar, and he reckoned he was a bit shook! Also he began an interview with an excuse that he wasn't in the mood for sparring after flying in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Granted he's obviously not in best of shape but didn't paulie say in one interviews think was with Ariel that when he got call he went back to gym, what do some people expect a 6 week camp from him before the sparring?

The lad retired in march 2017, the way some people are going on is he retired in 2009 and featured heavily in all 6 seasons of Jersey Shore.

Paul.jpg

Pauli getting slapped around is probably the best thing to come out of this whole fight so far tbh, its hilarious hes an absolute mouth piece nice humbling for him.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Granted he's obviously not in best of shape but didn't paulie say in one interviews think was with Ariel that when he got call he went back to gym, what do some people expect a 6 week camp from him before the sparring?

Well if you had listened to the boxing experts on here for the last 2 months, we should have expected Conor not to lay a glove on him because even a fat sweet scientist will run rings around a clueless, novice boxer...

Now that it's increasingly clear Conor did exceptionally well in sparring, we're getting all sorts of excuses and changes-of-positions.

At the end of the day, Paulie is only retired 5 months, was a 2-time world champion and is 4 years younger than Floyd. It's not like he has forgotten 20 solid years of boxing fundamentals because he's put on a stone.

The last thing the boxing purists want to admit is that this could be a genuine fight with Conor super competitive against Floyd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Haha Pauline given a knock around for talking $hit.

Well if you had listened to the boxing experts on here for the last 2 months, we should have expected Conor not to lay a glove on him because even a fat sweet scientist will run rings around a clueless, novice boxer...

Now that it's increasingly clear Conor did exceptionally well in sparring, we're getting all sorts of excuses and changes-of-positions.

At the end of the day, Paulie is only retired 5 months, was a 2-time world champion and is 4 years younger than Floyd. It's not like he has forgotten 20 solid years of boxing fundamentals because he's put on a stone.

The last thing the boxing purists want to admit is that this could be a genuine fight with Conor super competitive against Floyd.

Are you going to gamble on Conor to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JOINERUPPER

Does nobody wonder why he would choose Paulie who always seemed to be a big fan of Floyd,and he is hardly the most discreet pro to choose to spar,Joe Cortez was always floyds chosen ref.

Why would Conor choose these two to have in his camp a couple weeks before the fight against Floyd?Makes no sense,Floyd stipulated this must happen to aid the promotion of the fight,or they all agreed this must happen to promote the fight,but either way this is all promotion and it seems to be working well on people around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Does nobody wonder why he would choose Paulie who always seemed to be a big fan of Floyd,and he is hardly the most discreet pro to choose to spar,Joe Cortez was always floyds chosen ref.

Why would Conor choose these two to have in his camp a couple weeks before the fight against Floyd?Makes no sense,Floyd stipulated this must happen to aid the promotion of the fight,or they all agreed this must happen to promote the fight,but either way this is all promotion and it seems to be working well on people around here.

And the earth is flat, the moon landing never happened, chemtrails are real, explain tower 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Floyd's ref is Tony Weeks.

The reason I'd pick Paulie is his experience, brain and boxing ability. The fact he was never a power puncher either means less chance of getting KO'd in a spar. Smart choice.

I highly doubt it's anything to do with promotion. The punter on the street won't have a clue that Conor is sparring Palie, it's just the minority hardcore fans who follow MMA/boxing and probably some McGregor nuthuggers who would be buying the PPV anyways.

Hhhmm.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/893245525419474944

Paulie from the interview with Brett:
    "There was a pushdown yesterday. Conor on the inside, he can get a little rough. He shoved me down, you know, but no knockdowns. Obviously, 12 rounds, you're gonna see there's a mark on my face. Very, very hard work for both of us. I was starting to get in a groove in the middle rounds, starting to land some good shots. Conor really came on strong in the end. It was back and forth."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yeah prob best to take everything both camps say and release before this fight with a pinch of salt, they've got a fight to hype and sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JOINERUPPER

Whelo79 wrote: »
    And the earth is flat, the moon landing never happened, chemtrails are real, explain tower 7!

So to suggest there might be some promotional games going on before one of the biggest fights ever,makes me a tin foil hat wearing nut,man doesn't take much to get labelled a conspiracy theorist these days.

Are you going to gamble on Conor to win?

I mean in practical terms I can't but I would otherwise :o

Next week, on Jersey Shore...

giphy.gif

Does a new interview everyday on his power ect then whinges when a few sparring pics are released, hes heading over to Floyds camp anyday now is my guess.

Gamebred, who was it that posted that pic of Paulie on the canvas?

Just that I'm reading that it's been taken down now.......... which is insinuating perhaps that it wasn't approved by McGregor.

It was a photographer that the UFC employ, he was in the building working on the tuesday night contender series.

• Advertisement

Gamebred, who was it that posted that pic of Paulie on the canvas?

Just that I'm reading that it's been taken down now.......... which is insinuating perhaps that it wasn't approved by McGregor.

His mate was first to post it Byrne, still up from what I can see, id say it was well thought out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement