Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Posted by Gerry Byrne (the fella with the beard, who seems at his side most often) and then deleted apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This is more interesting than the Mayweather fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fogarty posted it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Posted by Gerry Byrne (the fella with the beard, who seems at his side most often) and then deleted apparently.

It's still up and Gerry captioned it:

"That oh my god power".

Indicating Conor dropped Paulie.

Have to say I strongly dislike this Byrne fella. He was the one who went through his brother to get Paulie's number and now he's out there laughing behind his back? Paulie would snap Byrne in half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lukker- wrote: »
    Fogarty posted it too.

Yup, just a half hour ago too and a much higher res which initially it wasn't..... and captioned:
    There no conspiracy, there no photoshop just pure unadulterated power

DGWNFWVUQAYQF6j.jpg

If it was a push....... which most likely it was, let's be honest..... I still don't get why Paulie would moan publicly (until after the fight at least).

I mean, isn't that why sparring partners sign non disclosure agreements surely. Or he could have had a word privately.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

His ego is being battered since he entered the camp hence the saltyness imo,

Even if it was contrived it done its job and made the headlines, this week alone the gloves thing now this so next my prediction Floyd is ko'd in training or something along them lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    His ego is being battered since he entered the camp hence the saltyness imo,

Even if it was contrived it done its job and made the headlines, this week alone the gloves thing now this so next my prediction Floyd is ko'd in training or something along them lines.

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/893284022964559872

Same thing as Van Heerden really, they post edited footage/shots to make the boxer look bad. The boxer gets hounded about it and tells everyone how it actually went down.

PMSL what a ****show, more interested in that fight now tbh.

Pretty sure that tweet breaks the contract he would've signed? laugh if Conor sued him

• Advertisement

Brilliant, ego got checked and hes snapping what a salty guy.

Conors already got his next boxing fight lined up then. Cant knock the hussle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

The absolute state of Paulie.

He apparently also said the following in a phone call with Brett:
    "I wanted to be part of this event, but I didn't want to become the story, and that's what this has turned into.

"I won't release any information about his game plan or what he's working on -- I wouldn't do that.

"But this has become a fiasco. It's a circus.

"And I do want that sparring video released. The UFC's PI definitely has that video.

"I understand it can't come out now, but Conor, if you have any balls, release what really happened."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

If Paulie didn't want to become the story he shouldn't be running off doing interviews.

You'd swear the McGregor camp put up a photo of him pulling his handle in the jacks the way he is going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gamebred wrote: »
    PMSL what a ****show, more interested in that fight now tbh.

Yeah it had livened things up for a few days. Couldn't take three more weeks of it though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Its all a fugazzi . When does Floyd get dropped in sparring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Very unprofessional from McGregor camp. Why would any boxer want to spar with him now?

It was a pushdown. You can tell by Cortez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Inviere

A sparring partner would want to be absolutely thick not to think McGregor isn't going to cherry pick pictures to portray a certain idea or image.

Inviere wrote: »
    A sparring partner would want to be absolutely thick not to think McGregor isn't going to cherry pick pictures to portray a certain idea or image.

What McGregor is doing has never really happened before and its an unspoken rule . I think they are just trying to make a fool of Paulie from the start though . I hope im wrong and he is in on it as part of the show but he does come across legitamately annoyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Inviere

What McGregor is doing has never really happened before and its an unspoken rule . I think they are just trying to make a fool of Paulie from the start though . I hope im wrong and he is in on it as part of the show but he does come across legitamately annoyed

McGregors social media presence is a huge part of his makeup though, I feel it's naive to think he was going to do anything that hurts his image picture wise with it. I would expect no different of Floyd either.

I knew Paulie was going to be run out of that camp as soon as he started doing all those interviews. They even captioned the pushdown photo with "that oh my god power" which directly refers to Paulie's interviews.

Conors supposed power is an angle they are trying to use to sell the fight, to try and convince punters he has at least a punchers chance. Paulie blabbing to everyone and their mother that his power is nothing special was always going to cause problems.

Its always been an unwritten rule not to post images or footage from sparring making someone look bad or of them getting put down etc

I agree its a bit naive of Paulie not to suspect they would release photos etc but the one last night was probably just a bit OTT for him. He already thought they were trying to make a fool of him before the spar and then releasing that pic as if he was knocked down was the straw that broke the camels back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wonder will he replace him. Dashon Johnson is a solid pro to do rounds with but IMO he'd want another high level sparring partner to see what works/doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

e31.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Second time McGregor and his leeches have tried this with a pro boxer and the second time they've been called out on it.
    Joke of a camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

From the right side of Paulie's face in both sessions, I think it's fair to surmise there's been some serious work put into Conor's right hand.

Recheck that statement lad, you can't extrapolate that in a boxing stance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement