Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Paulie's own fault, did more interviews a day than a hooker would handjobs. The Mac camp were always going to post photo's, this is a show being sold as a fight. So they are trying to sell a fight with photo's that make Conor look like he is school Pro's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Meanwhile, Ryan Curtis put out a post this evening...

"The fact is this life makes me happy and I love doing it, Anybody who wants to see me fall can suck my big balls and you can catch me at the top then throw your arm around me just like you always wanted to see me there but there's a reason why my circle is small"

No comment.

got his arse handed to him at bamma youd think that would have humbled him a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Second time McGregor and his leeches have tried this with a pro boxer and the second time they've been called out on it.
    Joke of a camp.

You can tell exactly what people are going to say just by their username, makes the thread tedious AF.

That goes for both sides btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Some of mcgregors crew are cringey as ****. Scrub leeches,the onstagram stuff is genuinely embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭noc1980

Very unprofessional from McGregor camp. Why would any boxer want to spar with him now?

It was a pushdown. You can tell by Cortez

Conor never said it wasn't a pushdown. Conor hasn't had to say a single word throughout all of this, while Malignaggi has never ceased to shut up. If he genuinely went to help Conor he would let him post whatever he wanted, if these shots boost Conor's confidence and are part of a mental game with Floyd then Malignaggi, as helpful sparring partner, should be ok with it. Unless of course he never had any interest in helping Conor and instead went there to talk sh*t about his power after each session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Some of mcgregors crew are cringey as ****. Scrub leeches,the onstagram stuff is genuinely embarrassing

Some?

Only Roddy seems like he isn't basquing in McGregor persona. Acting the tough man etc and having a go off of Mayweather, where to be fair to Conor he drew the line at that (Byrne was it?)

The rest of them are pure cringe and sycophants.

I like Roddy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

noc1980 wrote: »
    Conor never said it wasn't a pushdown. Conor hasn't had to say a single word throughout all of this, while Malignaggi has never ceased to shut up. If he genuinely went to help Conor he would let him post whatever he wanted, if these shots boost Conor's confidence and are part of a mental game with Floyd then Malignaggi, as helpful sparring partner, should be ok with it. Unless of course he never had any interest in helping Conor and instead went there to talk sh*t about his power after each session.

Rubbish.

You think Paulie should be ok with them posting pictures of him on his arse to boost Conors confidence? His confidence would have to be really low in the first place for them to do that.

I think its seems they only got Paulie in to have a bang with him over the comments he made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭brevity

It's probably all part of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I was just looking through his instagram account, jaysus he really has some tough workouts, is he training at a higher altitude to toughen himself ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXXTxoMgJ5G/?taken-by=thenotoriousmma

Looks some size there mac,

On the photo for all we know he had nothing to do with it being posted because it went up and was taken down very quick at first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BXXTxoMgJ5G/?taken-by=thenotoriousmma

Looks some size there mac,

On the photo for all we know he had nothing to do with it being posted because it went up and was taken down very quick at first.

Francis is a tank! He moved to live in Vegas AFAIK and he's basically Dana's new golden child.

As for the photo, I dunno.

On the one hand, you've got Dillon Danis, Fogarty, Gerry Byrne all putting the photo out and captioning it implying Conor dropped Paulie with a punch. I always used to think that Conor would have some sort of control over what the team posted on their social media because he employs all of them, so you'd have to imagine nothing goes up related to him without his say so?

On the other hand, he might just be so rich and so happy right now that he doesn't give a monkeys what his team posts on social media and it was simply Gerry Byrne and Fogarty doing their own thing.

Was clearly a push-down though, can see Conor smiling after doing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'd say Dana was on the phone to UFC-PI Staff straight away saying delete the tapes to make sure they don't get leaked.

Shame he's not fighting Paul, he's in his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wish he was fighting Malignaggi instead of Floyd

Have to say I strongly dislike this Byrne fella. He was the one who went through his brother to get Paulie's number and now he's out there laughing behind his back? Paulie would snap Byrne in half.

Wonder there are a lot of Byrne's in his camp, are any of them related to the Byrne gangsters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Wonder there are a lot of Byrne's in his camp, are any of them related to David Byrne whose funeral he attended?

Short answer, yes.

Short answer, yes.
    I made a mistake above, it was the Paul Kavanagh funderal he attended. But he was pictured with David Byrne and at the time the papers said he knew him via Crumlin boxing.

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-02-24%2Bat%2B9.47.55%2BPM.png

That's Daniel Kinahan on the left below, Paulie seems to have (or had) a relationship with the Kinahan's gym in Marbella
    11821245_415636781965971_1153777523_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTA2MDczMjE2MzM4MTI0ODc3OA%3D%3D.2

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

So as expected Paulie beat the crap out of Conor and McGregor trying to do damage control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

I'd say Dana was on the phone to UFC-PI Staff straight away saying delete the tapes to make sure they don't get leaked.

And Floyd. And Showtime . And Sky. And Wonderfullife

• Advertisement

It's amusing you think they care.

I've seen MMA sparring footage over the years of Artem clearly getting the better of Conor. Is your logic that Artem is a superior mixed martial artist because he was landing on Conor?

Right now we have a he-said, she-said situation over this sparring stuff. In fact, all we have is a "she-said" because Paulie is the only one yapping about it non-stop. Conor hasn't said a word about the sparring.

So as expected Paulie beat the crap out of Conor and McGregor trying to do damage control

According to Paulie.

His face tells a different story though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Must say, I was lapping up all this preamble and narrative leading up to fight that was coming via Paulie. Good entertainment. Bit of a shame he's gone...

Lukker- wrote: »
    According to Paulie.

His face tells a different story though

Should release the footage so . He beats up Paulie then there is a lot more interest in the fight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

For sure you will see footage of them sparring before the fight. And for sure it will be heavily edited to make Conor look good. Poor Paulie is gonna lose his sh1t.

Should release the footage so . He beats up Paulie then there is a lot more interest in the fight :)

Not really wise to do before a fight? Expose your game plan like?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Not really wise to do before a fight? Expose your game plan like?

Floyd or his team wont bother watching . You think they care at all about what he is going to bring to this other than creating more hype. Release the footage . He beat up a world champ . The hype would go into overdrive

There's 2 ways for a sparring partner to go in terms of Conor.

1. The Conor Wallace, Dillon Danis, Cian Cowley route. All were initially brought in to spar for specific camps and all ended up becoming friends and part of the team.

2. The Chris van Heerden, Paulie Malignaggi route. Go in with an ego and take it personally when any photos are used in fight promotion. Exploit 15 seconds of fame with interviews and then fade back into relative obscurity while being trolled by an army of online McGregor fans.

You can see why Conor chooses to bring in people like Conor Wallace, Tiernan Bradley etc though. They're not at the level of a Malignaggi but they're not coming in looking to defend their ego.

People kept saying "Conor needs better sparring partners" but this is exactly what would happen if he got a Kell Brook, Amir Khan, Chris Eubank Jr. involved too.

If Conor really wants to troll Paulie, he'll release an edited clip of him landing at will on him... knowing Paulie has no footage to respond with :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

For sure you will see footage of them sparring before the fight. And for sure it will be heavily edited to make Conor look good. Poor Paulie is gonna lose his sh1t.

Showtime releasing all access episode 2 tonight which should show some of their first spar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Schaub? that you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement