Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

D.Q wrote:
    Schaub? that you?

I think you'd be surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Was that not a parody account who was tweeting Mousasi?

Yes it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

.ak wrote: »
    The lad retired in march 2017, the way some people are going on is he retired in 2009 and featured heavily in all 6 seasons of Jersey Shore.

Paul.jpg

Doesn't really matter when he retired. He's been pretty damn awful the last few years, and even in his prime he was never elite level, no matter what boxrec shows..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

So to suggest there might be some promotional games going on before one of the biggest fights ever,makes me a tin foil hat wearing nut,man doesn't take much to get labelled a conspiracy theorist these days.

Nah, you're just a tin foil wearing hat nut because you signed up to this site to specifically suggest that Mayweather demanded McGregor's team hire Maliagnaggi and Cortez to add some sort of promotional value to the build up. The idea is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think it's hilarious, I hope Conor puts out an edited video showing him puck the head off Paulie, Like someone already said. Conor already said on the press tour that he gets over 100 mil of they best MayPac numbers so your damn right this is all about selling ppv's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

My guess would be the sparring was much tougher than malignaggi was anticipating so took the chance to get out without obviously just quitting. He could have just said it was a push down but instead just left? I don't buy it. In an interview he was saying how tough and intense it was and was doubting himself mid rounds if he could go 12 and was completely gassed in 11,12. I don't think he wants to do that again and probably seeing how much Conor improved since the last spar took the chance to get out before its 2 late and gets dropped for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The pro Conor guys are reading too much into this, it's all intended to stir up attention.

On the other hand our boxing visitor friends were all fairly adamnt that a fat overweight off the couch boxer of maliganaliwaliili skill level even with a blindfold and one hand tied behind his back would be too much for Conor because reasons... Sweet science etc etc masterclasses blah blah.

So ya have to expect a last back now from McGregor fans when at the very least it appears he held some semblance of competition with a former 2 time world champion who had neither a blindfold or one hand behind his back.

All this being said I stillthink it's too much for Conor to win. Floyd is in the goat conversation after all, to go 12 would be a victory in and of itself here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Paulie is losing it on twitter. Lashing out at fans online...

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/893420306827681794

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/893408412658147328

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/893400619226062848

The guy is just a Jersey Shore mouth... Completely naive to think this wouldn't happen, and now lashing out like a child. This thing is a circus, always was. He came into the camp having shot his mouth off against the camp he was joining, against a man who is an expert at dismantling other fighters on social media and getting fans from it. He thought he could rock up, 'help' McGregor by giving him a hiding, and the lads would shake his hand and thank him for it.

Think this tweet is particularly interesting;

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/893408412658147328

Does he think because the media approach him he needs to spill the beans every 5 minutes? Does he not realise how little McGregor has spoken to the press outside of the tour? And the pressure he's under from the media? Yet he's said nothing.

He's been an absolute baby about the whole situation, sure he probably did beat McGregor in both sparring sessions, sure he did get played, but what was he expecting? He told the world McGregor hasn't a shot, wouldn't lay a hand on him, and consistently bad mouthed him even AFTER he was brought in. Complete ego issue, and he's just lost to a bigger ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Poor Paulie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/893285222988488704

I love this.
    "It stays in the gym, but first let me do this interview. And this one. And this one. Just one more."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Gintonious wrote: »
    Poor Paulie.

He'll be fine. He can exact his revenge on the live broadcast if McGregor gets embarrassed. I'm sure Mr Espinoza won't mind if Paulie is less than 100% professional about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Pretty safe to say Amir Khan is having a worse day than Paulie.

Pretty safe to say Amir Khan is having a worse day than Paulie.

Imagine, you would be terrified if you were with a boxers missus, unless you are Anthony Joshua of course.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Imagine, you would be terrified if you were with a boxers missus, unless you are Anthony Joshua of course.

Undercuts AJ's public goody-two-shoes image quite a bit, he might be the new John Terry if the truth is what Amir Khan is saying it is...

Makes the Conor-Paulie drama seem pretty tame!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Without going way off track here Khan is no goodies two shoes no sympathy for him.

Haha I had only read that quote, but when you hear it/see it it's clear Conor just wanted to get his mitts on him and wasn't really looking for 'help'. They already believe they have the method to the do the job without a boxing coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mcgregor fears paulie ! WAR malignaggi !

Undercuts AJ's public goody-two-shoes image quite a bit, he might be the new John Terry if the truth is what Amir Khan is saying it is...

Makes the Conor-Paulie drama seem pretty tame!

Thats if it is true of course.

.ak wrote: »
    Haha I had only read that quote, but when you hear it/see it it's clear Conor just wanted to get his mitts on him and wasn't really looking for 'help'. They already believe they have the method to the do the job without a boxing coach.

I think that was part of it, for sure.... Conor wanted to get back at him and then see where it went.... and I think if Paulie had just done the sparring and not went to the media every single damn day saying that the power in McGregor's left was just "average" .... then things, imo, would have went much differently than they have.... as he would have earned their respect.

However, it wasn't just the demeaning of Conor's potential power (at a time when they are trying to sell ppv on the chance he could have something that would trouble Floyd) as he also made comments about those within McGregor's camp and said 'you can't tell who's the doctor, who's the trainer, or who's the hanger on' and that was just needless saltiness.

Paulie could be spot on now about that though, but he wasn't there to give feedback on the dynamic of Conor's inner circle........ how cheeky can you get. Conor was his employer at the end of the day and he says stuff like that in interviews.... and then expects to be respected after all that. Come on.

Before he went out to Vegas he said that he wasn't going to reveal much and be a "team player" right up until 'fight night' - they were his words - and that's what he bloody well should have done.

• Advertisement

DGZ0VBPXUAEuude.jpg:large

That's what I was remembering. Thought he had said it in a podcast.

Brain itch scratched! Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

McGregor has wasted a good opportunity to actually learn some boxing skills from Paulie that could have helped him in the fight. Paulie, although past his prime, was a quality counter puncher with good boxing skills.

Instead it's now obvious Conor has no interest in 'preparation' he just wants to beat up Paulie and make a fool out of him on social media.

It looks really bad for McGregor, Even less people will take him seriously now, He's not preparing like he has a chance, he's going in to collect a cheque.

Meanwhile Floyd is bringing in Chris Eubank Jr for a real training camp. No BS is sparing, just business.

Instead it's now obvious Conor has no interest in 'preparation' he just wants to beat up Paulie and make a fool out of him on social media.

Conor has over 25 million followers on social media.

David Fogarty and Gerry Byrne have about 3 men and a sheep following them.

If Conor wanted to "make a fool out of him on social media", I can guarantee he could have posted any number of flattering photos on his own platforms.

What this reminds me of is the scene in the airport in NY where Conor is seen giving out to Gerry Byrne, with Byrne holding his hand up to apologise. It's obvious that Byrne said something towards Mayweather and Conor had a go at him for doing that in front of Floyd's family.

In short, it looks to me like the "boys" took it upon themselves to re-post photos to have a dig at Paulie, probably partly because Paulie was saying he didn't know who the photographer (Fogarty) was, who the hangers-on (Byrne) were.

TL;DR - If Conor wanted to embarrass Paulie he'd do it in a pretty big way. The fact that he didn't, that indicates to me that the camp lacks leadership and discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

If Conor wanted to "make a fool out of him on social media", I can guarantee he could have posted any number of flattering photos on his own platforms.

What this reminds me of is the scene in the airport in NY where Conor is seen giving out to Gerry Byrne, with Byrne holding his hand up to apologise. It's obvious that Byrne said something towards Mayweather and Conor had a go at him for doing that in front of Floyd's family.

In short, it looks to me like the "boys" took it upon themselves to re-post photos to have a dig at Paulie, probably partly because Paulie was saying he didn't know who the photographer (Fogarty) was, who the hangers-on (Byrne) were.

TL;DR - If Conor wanted to embarrass Paulie he'd do it in a pretty big way. The fact that he didn't, that indicates to me that the camp lacks leadership and discipline.

They are employees of Conor but also his friends. Kavanagh has no jurisdiction over them.

Conor needs to lay down the law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I just can't wait for it all to be over. It's exhausting at this point. A f#cking soap opera. It would do your head in.

It doesn't matter how many followers they have, the images spread all over the media in a matter of minutes. Whether it's McGregor's account or one of his crew, The result is the same.
    They are employees of Conor but also his friends. Kavanagh has no jurisdiction over them.
    Conor needs to lay down the law

It would be nieve to think Conor is not in control of what comes out of his camp. The images up out are carefully selected to make him look good and make Paulie look like a bytch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

C'mon lol. Seriously.

McGregor has wasted a good opportunity to actually learn some boxing skills from Paulie that could have helped him in the fight. Paulie, although past his prime, was a quality counter puncher with good boxing skills.

It looks really bad for McGregor, Even less people will take him seriously now, He's not preparing like he has a chance, he's going in to collect a cheque.

Meanwhile Floyd is bringing in Chris Eubank Jr for a real training camp. No BS is sparing, just business.

Except that's the ONE thing Paulie has said to the contrary.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote:
    I just can't wait for it all to be over. It's exhausting at this point. A f#cking soap opera. It would do your head in.

I'm looking forward to the Gervonta Davis Vs Roman Martinez fight. The actual main event will be terrible and probably won't go more than a few rounds before Conor is KO'd or DQ'd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement