Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Especially as you can't ****ing see McGregor's eyes ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

I am finding it hard to feel sorry for Paulie but I think it is a bad move for the McGregor camp to try to put him in his place so to speak - either actually doing it in sparring or creating that perception.

Paulie seems genuinely peeved off. And if McGregor has a game plan or specific moves that are his only hope then you have to be worried that Paulie gives the game away by talking to too many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    I am finding it hard to feel sorry for Paulie but I think it is a bad move for the McGregor camp to try to put him in his place so to speak - either actually doing it in sparring or creating that perception.

Paulie seems genuinely peeved off. And if McGregor has a game plan or specific moves that are his only hope then you have to be worried that Paulie gives the game away by talking to too many people.

Paulie has talked to everyone at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Especially as you can't ****ing see McGregor's eyes ffs.

Okay, one of his eyes.... sweet Jesus, what is this, nit pick Saturday.

His stare is unbroken was the point and it was a comment on the photo, not their whole sparring session.
    Gamebred wrote: »
    DGUyzFaVYAARGLz.jpg

Actually, it's something I've noticed about McGregor in a lot of fights, in that he rarely takes his eyes of opponents. Something which Berto said about Mayweather. It's as if they have an icy calmness about them even in the midst of a fight.

I just compared McGregor to Mayweather there. That's the coals for me I expect.

Either way, great photo.

Can see McGregor releasing an edited version of the '12 rounds' spar now.

Fair play if he does too. Paulie's being fcuking baby.

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/893819288754237440

• Advertisement

You can't even see his eye. You can partially see it from a side profile whereas Paulie is practically facing the camera head on. You're just taking ****e about stuff that isn't there to be seen in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You can't even see his eye. You can partially see it from a side profile whereas Paulie is practically facing the camera head on. You're just taking ****e about stuff that isn't there to be seen in the photo.

If you can't see McGregor's eye in that photo and also that his stare is locked on Paulie..... then maybe a trip to an optician is in order?

Here's another pre-sparring tweet by Paulie, which is in stark contrast to his attitude now.

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/888129345755033600

He should have asked for pre approval of images if he was gonna be as thin skinned as he has beenn... not that he'd have got it of course but at least McGregor's camp would have know what he was really about.

You can partially see his eye. He appears to be looking at Paulie (participant in combat sport in looks at his opponent shocker). Paulie appears to be looking at him.

Pray tell of these vast differences you see in the two sets of eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

His stare is unbroken was the point and it was a comment on the photo, not their whole sparring session.

Actually, it's something I've noticed about McGregor in a lot of fights, in that he rarely takes his eyes of opponents. Something which Berto said about Mayweather. It's as if they have an icy calmness about them even in the midst of a fight.

I just compared McGregor to Mayweather there. That's the coals for me I expect.

Either way, great photo.

Why post a picture of Conor missing as a reason to stay he's doing great and super focused?

• Advertisement

This thread :p
    You can partially see his eye. He appears to be looking at Paulie (participant in combat sport in looks at his opponent shocker). Paulie appears to be looking at him.

Pray tell of these vast differences you see in the two sets of eyes.

Like I said, the most striking thing for me about the photo was how how one fighter's gaze (better not say eyes in case I'm lynched again) appears icy calm / steely focused and the other not nearly....

mcgregor-ep.jpg

.......but it was a comment on the *photo*. Not the whole damn sparring session. Jesus folks.
    Why post a picture of Conor missing as a reason to stay he's doing great and super focused?

I didn't! Gamebred posted the photo. Seriously folks. Must be a slow news day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

One thing Conor does better than almost anybody in MMA is maintaining his eyes on the target. Only Bisping might be better than him in that sense, they can both be in the pocket with shots whizzing at them and they keep their eyes on the target.

I love that sequence in the Diaz 2 fight where Nate throws out a lazy right jab to disrupt Conor as he's about to deliver a leg kick and Conor keeps his eyes laser focused on Nate's right thigh despite being hit.

Bisping is amazing at doing it as well, but he tends to get clattered a lot more than Conor so he has more practice :D

This thread :p

Like I said, the most striking thing for me about the photo was how how one fighter's gaze (better not say eyes in case I'm lynched again) appears icy calm / steely focused and the other not nearly.....

But how in the name of **** do you draw that conclusion though? You can't see his gaze ffs

Conor has some gaze

A couple of lads on this thread would like nothing more than staring deep into his gaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is Ep 2 of All Access online somewhere? Can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is Ep 2 of All Access online somewhere? Can't seem to find it.

Here are the two youtube links I have found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKmDySmu_mA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U29iDF-uMdg

Quality is woeful though. Any one find a decent quality version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Lukker- wrote: »

Ugh, I'd rather grate my knuckles up and down a cheese grater for 20 minutes than watch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

jesus this idiot making an absolute tit of himself. the ego on him.

conor can show whatever photos of the camp he wants, it's his show.

and ya, like other posters have said, sounds like he underestimated conor and it was a competitive session. based on all his **** talk beforehand his ego was well bruised, as well as his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

also, lol at the eye analysis comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

c'mon lads more eye analysis of one photo.

We're not far off the bottom of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Quote from Paulie talking about the 'pushdown' pic to esnews

Other person - There's no way that f**er was going to drop you
    Paulie - But inside he is rough, and so I was ah... inside rough stuff and he pushed me down.

Dont think Paulie is being honest he stopped mid sentence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha love the trad music representing crumlin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

One thing Conor does better than almost anybody in MMA is maintaining his eyes on the target. Only Bisping might be better than him in that sense, they can both be in the pocket with shots whizzing at them and they keep their eyes on the target.

I love that sequence in the Diaz 2 fight where Nate throws out a lazy right jab to disrupt Conor as he's about to deliver a leg kick and Conor keeps his eyes laser focused on Nate's right thigh despite being hit.

Bisping is amazing at doing it as well, but he tends to get clattered a lot more than Conor so he has more practice :D

What relivence does that have to boxing Mayweather? He can stay focused all he wants but it doesn't compensate for lack of boxing skill. Floyd has hand speed and accuracy greater than anything Conor has seen in the UFC. If Diaz could connect with slow, inaccurate telegraphed punches. What hope does Conor have against the fast, precision shots of an all time great boxer?

What relivence does that have to boxing Mayweather? He can stay focused all he wants but it doesn't compensate for lack of boxing skill. Floyd has hand speed and accuracy greater than anything Conor has seen in the UFC. If Diaz could connect with slow, inaccurate telegraphed punches. What hope does Conor have against the fast, precision shots of an all time great boxer?

It had no relevance to Floyd I was just discussing Conor.

I'm tired of all the negativity from you boxing guys so in future I'll be replying to you in the following fashion:

49-1

c'mon lads more eye analysis of one photo.

Okay, I feel the eyes in this pic are saying 'Who the fcuk thought this cage fighter the sweet science!"

DGgHGUkV0AAlk8x.jpg

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement