Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Who wins on a trampoline? ME!
    Who wins on a jungle gym? ME!
    Who wins in one of those big ball pits you get down at the giraffe center. ME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He's going OTT now really anyone with half a brain can see hes really reaching here with these comments, very butt hurt so pleasing to see hes spewing I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

It had no relevance to Floyd I was just discussing Conor.

I'm tired of all the negativity from you boxing guys so in future I'll be replying to you in the following fashion:

There's a difference between negativity and reality. I'd like to see Conor win this fight. It would be an incredible moment in combat sports history, made by one of our own. But the reality is a man who has never boxed at any major level Amateur or Pro up against the best boxer in the world. It's a total mismatch.

There will be no 49-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ah I dunno why Ido gets such a hard time, talks a lot of sense to me. He has an interesting outlook on how a fighter expresses himself, and the primary function of doing that is movement. I think people read too much into the 1980s Yoga Teacher vibe he gives off and choose to ignore what he's actually saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Paulie trying to setup a fight between him and Conor?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Paulie has always been very vocal on twitter about everything, this isn't the first time.

He's one of the only fighters who regularly answers or talks to people who tweet him, whether they're asking a question or just giving him stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So apparently the NDA is void because Paulie never got paid.

Another jok of Conor's camp being outed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

So this is what they have come up with.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Paulie hadn't finished his job yet, why would he be paid yet?

He was the one that didn't go back and so he broke the contract / agreement if anyone.

Also, I see him whinging about Conor having tight pockets and not giving him a hotel room, but wasn't he put up in a house with the other sparring partners?

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    So this is what they have come up with.

giphy.gif

Is that Ido talking? He is full of sh!te.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Paulie hadn't finished his job yet, why would he be paid yet?

Entirely dependent on the terms of the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

Another jok of Conor's camp being outed.

Fookin hell, reading constant negative, hating & bregrudgery posts is actually worse than reading rabid fanboy posts....worse like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,588 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whether he's got it now we can agree to differ because we can argue about lighting/tan etc.

But he was sick as a dog in the weeks prior and subsequent to 189 and it was more than just the weight cut. TUF was shot over 6 weeks and he still looked awful for much of the series. White as a ghost, funny skin color, unhealthy eyes. He looked like death.

tuf-recap-episode-1-lead-700.jpg
    I agree he looked sick at the weight ins. And also on TUF in that photo. But your leap from there is bizarre. He looked yellow on the stage with the lighting inside the arena. Mendes and Dana do too. That TUF pic is a week later. He's remotely jaundice. Nor was he during the fight. Which kinda NSA rules out the theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

I love how Conor doesn't acknowledge Paulie. He didn't acknowledge Alvarez or Ferguson or Khabib on social media either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I can't believe how pathetic Paulie is being. After all his talk about how professional he is, a team player, how he expects and understands the pro McGregor content that would inevitably be put out by his team. He then goes and acts like this over a few tweets.

I guess he couldn't keep his ego in check and adjust to being a sparring partner rather than the main man in camp.

Even if it is all lies by team McGregor or the truth is being massaged, he should stick with it and believe the truth would come out after fight night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Is anyone really that surprised that loudmouth Paulie has started blabbing?

Don't be surprised if Cortez is feeding info to the Mayweather team too. Look how deep he was in Floyd's pocket for the Hatton fight the way he reffed it.

Snakes the pair of them. The last 2 boxing people I'd have involved in a camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

WAR Malignaggi !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Would they really tell Paulie the game plan? Hard to say.

• Advertisement

Would they really tell Paulie the game plan? Hard to say.

I'd imagine he fought Pauli in the same manner he plans on fighting Floyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Is anyone really that surprised that loudmouth Paulie has started blabbing?

Don't be surprised if Cortez is feeding info to the Mayweather team too. Look how deep he was in Floyd's pocket for the Hatton fight the way he reffed it.

Snakes the pair of them. The last 2 boxing people I'd have involved in a camp.

I love how people will just ape anything McGregor utters.

In Floyd's pocket ffs. Hatton got schooled because he was up against a vastly superior boxer. Nothing to do with the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Floyd butchered him on the inside alright, but there wasn't an awful lot of clinch work in that fight. Conor's gonna try and tie him up with one hand and get off some short punches. If it gets too hairy he'll wrestle him a bit. I think he'll prob get knocked out trying to bull rush him like Madinna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I love how people will just ape anything McGregor utters.

In Floyd's pocket ffs. Hatton got schooled because he was up against a vastly superior boxer. Nothing to do with the ref.

I've no idea what fight you watched but most fair people had Floyd up 5 rounds to 3 going into the 9th and many people had it at 4 rounds to 4.

He nearly dropped Floyd in the first catching him behind the ear, definitely won the 2nd and 5th and some people make a case he won the 6th.

Regardless, if that's your definition of "getting schooled" then I'd be grand with Floyd "schooling" Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Biggest load of bollox if all time is the myth that Cortez ruined the Hatton v Mayweather fight for Hatton. Complete fantasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I've no idea what fight you watched but most fair people had Floyd up 5 rounds to 3 going into the 9th and many people had it at 4 rounds to 4.

He nearly dropped Floyd in the first catching him behind the ear, definitely won the 2nd and 5th and some people make a case he won the 6th.

Regardless, if that's your definition of "getting schooled" then I'd be grand with Floyd "schooling" Conor.

My memory might be hazy as it's a good while back but i remember Hatton being really busy early, perhaps winning a few rounds early and once Mayweather got a feel for him he turned it on from about 3 rounds in and Hatton was throwing plenty but landing absolutely nothing, i'd safely say if Hatton was asked now he'd admit he was schooled for two thirds of that fight, everytime he came in he was leaving himself wide open for someone as smooth as Floyd. Totally outclassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

dulux99 wrote: »
    Biggest load of bollox if all time is the myth that Cortez ruined the Hatton v Mayweather fight for Hatton. Complete fantasy.

It's a wonder Cortez didn't jump in to split them up when they touched gloves before the fight :)

Let's hope whoever is reffing May/Mac lets them work in the clinch.

My memory might be hazy as it's a good while back but i remember Hatton being really busy early, perhaps winning a few rounds early and once Mayweather got a feel for him he turned it on from about 3 rounds in and Hatton was throwing plenty but landing absolutely nothing, i'd safely say if Hatton was asked now he'd admit he was schooled for two thirds of that fight, everytime he came in he was leaving himself wide open for someone as smooth as Floyd. Totally outclassed.

I watched it again today, Floyd was imo winning the fight probably as much as 6 rounds to 2 going into the 9th but 2 of those rounds were clearly Ricky's and 2 of them were razor close. The official scorecards had Floyd 7 rounds to 1 and 6 rounds to 2 up after 8 but I've seen even fans of Mayweather peg it at 5-3 or 4-4.

It wasn't a blow-out contest anyway but Ricky was thoroughly beaten in the clinch. He thought he'd get on the inside and man-handle Floyd but in the actual clinch exchanges Floyd was much stronger than Ricky.

It'll be fascinating to see how the clinch goes with Conor, how it's reffed, will Conor be outclassed on clinch-breaks, what strength he can show etc.

I've watched every bit of content available since this fight was announced and Conor has now 3 times said he believes his rear-hand uppercut will end the fight. I find that very interesting because he usually predicts the left cross to end things, so he obviously thinks there is an opening in Floyd's defences to land the shot cleanly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

What fight were you watching? Are you talking about the stumble in the first round as nearly a knock down?

If anyone had that fight as 4-4 they would need their head checked.

Mayweather landed more than double the amount of punches than Hatton did, and Hatton threw more as well to boot.

Thats a schooling.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    What fight were you watching? Are you talking about the stumble in the first round as nearly a knock down?

If anyone had that fight as 4-4 they would need their head checked.

Mayweather landed more than double the amount of punches than Hatton did, and Hatton threw more as well to boot.

Thats a schooling.

It wasn't a stumble, Ricky landed behind the ear and got Floyd off-balance, if he went over it would have counted as a knockdown. It came from a punch.

Kieran Mulvaney is an extremely respected pundit for HBO and he was live-scoring the fight for ESPN that night and he had it 4-4 going into the 9th (minus the point deduction).

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3145335

Actually most pundits who were live-scoring it had it 5 rounds to 3, the consensus was Ricky won rounds 2 and 5 clearly, some gave him the 1st, some gave him the 7th, some even gave him the 3rd.

TL;DR - Judging is very subjective and there were many close rounds. It was a close contest not a "schooling".

A schooling in my book is what Conor did to Eddie Alvarez or what Demian Maia did to Gunnar Nelson.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement