Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Okay, here it is.... might be taken down quick though, no idea what Fox are like with copyright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Okay, here it is.... might be taken down quick though, no idea what Fox are like with copyright.

Good lord he's so pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

In case that video gets taken down, I'll try summarise it:

Paulie's main point was that Conor is surrounded by yes-men and has a ceiling to the improvements he can make in boxing because he doesn't want to be told what he's doing wrong, he just wants yes-men to tell him how great he is. He hinted there's some things Conor does very well but others he does very badly and won't be able to improve because of the yes-men.

He said he was pretty disgusted with how Conor treats the other sparring partners, said the living conditions were not good and Conor is a cheap-skate, that he rented his own lambo for show but he didn't look after the sparring partners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

After watching that, I'm certain Paulie has told Floyd everything he wants to know about McGregor. He brought up his "ethical" side far too often for me to believe it. He wouldn't have said his NDA was void (not from this video) if he didn't intend on breaching it either.

martyos121 wrote: »
    After watching that, I'm certain Paulie has told Floyd everything he wants to know about McGregor. He brought up his "ethical" side far too often for me to believe it. He wouldn't have said his NDA was void (not from this video) if he didn't intend on breaching it either.

Stephen Espinoza would want to pull his finger out and either remove Malignaggi from the broadcast or tell him to shut his pie hole. Not one thing he's saying is going to boost the sale of the PPV and if he's not helping, then he needs to shut it.

• Advertisement

In other news......

Not that he wasn't in good shape already, but Mayweather is looking ripped compared to just six weeks back.

Slightly surprised we haven't heard more about the sponsorship for the event on either side. Still no clue who the title sponsor is (it was Tecate Beer for the May-Pac fight who paid $5.6m for it), no idea who's sponsoring Conor/Floyd etc other than Monster for Conor.

If I had to guess, I'd say Corona will probably be a strong contender for title sponsorship.

He hasn't stopped tweeting since the interview, dozen or so of similar nonsense.

Here's two worth noting all the same..........

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/894410945375678465
    https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/894408133174587392

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Slightly surprised we haven't heard more about the sponsorship for the event on either side. Still no clue who the title sponsor is (it was Tecate Beer for the May-Pac fight who paid $5.6m for it), no idea who's sponsoring Conor/Floyd etc other than Monster for Conor.

If I had to guess, I'd say Corona will probably be a strong contender for title sponsorship.

There maybe no sponsor for this.

It could be just too risky for a sponsor to commit to an event which may not sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Not trolling here - who actually gives a ****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Stephen Espinoza would want to pull his finger out and either remove Malignaggi from the broadcast or tell him to shut his pie hole. Not one thing he's saying is going to boost the sale of the PPV and if he's not helping, then he needs to shut it.

Yeah, I'm too am curious as to how Showtime are viewing all this - on the one hand, you've got the no publicity is bad publicity dictum... On the other hand, Paulie's implied narrative about Conor's incompetencies does not quite wash with Showtime's portrayal of him as this young, alpha killer taking on the GOAT in a competitive fight. It's going against their billing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Must also say Paulie is ****ing relentless, it's hilarious. Hell hath no fury like Paulie Malignaggi scorned.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

In unrelated news I believe Schaub is in Dublin. A mate posted a pic with him, prob found him giving hand-schaubs in a gents toilet in templebar. Are Showtime doing some Dublin based stuff?!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

In unrelated news I believe Schaub is in Dublin. A mate posted a pic with him, prob found him giving hand-schaubs in a gents toilet in templebar. Are Showtime doing some Dublin based stuff?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what a freak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Jesus talk about hangers on. May weather looks like he's surrounded by a supermarket of people.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Schaub is apparently a stand-up comedian now. He's in Dublin to do some shows. Can't say I ever found him funny or interesting to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

He's brought his podcast to Dublin for a few nights. Just cashing in a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Paulie seems to have hit nail on head about Conor's yes men. Cesar used to have a slave whisper in his here constantly, "you are just a man". Maybe Conor could do with the same.

Not hard to believe that he is cheap either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

He was doing a comedy gig last night in sugar club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Paulie is certainly getting mileage out of this psycho ex-girlfriend routine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I think even McGregor's biggest critics will be laughing at Malignaggi now, this world tour of bitching is unprecedented never seen moaning like it very bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Can't wait until this B.S. is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

He's definitely in Dublin, my son got a photo with him the other day.

Fogarty and Pauli are both on the mma hour.

The truth will out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Not sure I'm buying into any of the Conor , paulie spat. Could be all part of the plan. Who Is fogarty? I see it mentioned he is on the man hour

Not sure I'm buying into any of the Conor , paulie spat. Could be all part of the plan. Who Is fogarty? I see it mentioned he is on the man hour

This guy:

https://www.instagram.com/ginger_beard_photos/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Photographer/conors personal ass licker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

"Wants a bunch of yes men around him."

Said it ages ago but it does seem that his whole entourage is just full of yes man. Lads who are delighted to be going around holding his bags. You'd think they'd get a bit of self respect.

• Advertisement

Not hard to believe that he is cheap either.

Evidence would suggest the contrary.

https://www.facebook.com/thenotoriousmma/posts/1148153621919602

Also remember this from Queally last year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJR3DZ0D7q7/
    The job is almost done here in Vegas. I know with certainty that my brother @thenotoriousmma will do himself, his family, and the team proud on Saturday night. To be honest, I've barely trained with him for this fight as I'm not the right height, weight etc. When he flew me out here all expenses covered I thought I was coming to help him prepare. As the weeks went on it became very obvious that the only reason he brought me out here was so that he could make sure that I was going to be prepared for whatever lay ahead for ME. People only get a glimpse of him in the media and have no idea how loyal he is to his own. He leaves no soldier behind and is an absolute legend.
    #teammcgregor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement