Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Lukker- wrote: »
    The only reason MayPac sold out was hotels were block buying tickets to bundle with expensive hotel suites. They were barred this time from doing so, hence more availability.

MayPac would have sold oud regardless- it would be cheaper without the hotel room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Do you guys not think this does a great disservice to both sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

snowflaker wrote: »
    MayPac would have sold oud regardless- it would be cheaper without the hotel room

There were 100's of empt seats at MayPac though as you had guys who were getting penthouse suites in Vegas for the weekend and were comped tickets to a fight that they might have had no interest going to.

The same thing will happen here, just in reverse. At the minute there is less than 1,500 tickets left on ticketmaster with the cheapest option being $1800, if they don't all sell they will be flogged off to hotels who will bundle them with rooms.

Ticket sales won't exactly correlate to PPV buys either. 1800 is out of reach for 1 ticket for 95% of the population, where as a huge amount people prefer to watch it at home with friends where they can all chip in. I'd be absolutely shocked if this did less than 3m buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

It will be an embarrassment for the sweet science if Conor lasts 3 rounds. Floyd's ego won't let it go that far.

Similarly it would be a embarrassment of Conor didn't choke out Floyd within a minute in an MMA fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Media workouts later this week. Mayweather on Thursday and McGregor, Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Looks like Fogarty was pulled from the MMA Hour? Well whatever happened he wasn't on the run-down for the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thought that was an excellent read myself. Superbly researched.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like Fogarty was pulled from the MMA Hour? Well whatever happened he wasn't on the run-down for the show.

He's too busy not messing around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He ain't out there to play games. He's there for (taking a few photos of) hard work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like Paulie is off the list as well or maybe it was always 'he'll call in if he can'.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/894632020189605891

• Advertisement

hahaha.

Speaking of Conor-wannabe-delusion...

James Gallagher has come out today saying he will be the first fighter to break 1 million PPV's for Bellator, that it's the "Jimmy Show" in the future.

It's not bad setting goals but Bellator 180 with both Chael and Fedor on the card is rumoured to have sold 75,000 units on PPV lol, so there isn't a hope in hell James or Bellator can build their brand to sell 1,000,000 PPV's in the next 5 years.

I'm trying not to be too harsh on them but they make it hard to root for them when they keep saying stupid sh1t.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looks like Paulie is off the list as well or maybe it was always 'he'll call in if he can'.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/894632020189605891

Ariel said at the top of the show Paulie will be calling in for 15 mins at 945pm Irish time.

hahaha.

Speaking of Conor-wannabe-delusion...

James Gallagher has come out today saying he will be the first fighter to break 1 million PPV's for Bellator, that it's the "Jimmy Show" in the future.

It's not bad setting goals but Bellator 180 with both Chael and Fedor on the card is rumoured to have sold 75,000 units on PPV lol, so there isn't a hope in hell James or Bellator can build their brand to sell 1,000,000 PPV's in the next 5 years.

I'm trying not to be too harsh on them but they make it hard to root for them when they keep saying stupid sh1t.
    James Gallagher is a limp willy. Should be himself and not a cheap Conor version. I treat him as a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

James Gallagher is a limp willy. Should be himself and not a cheap Conor version. I treat him as a joke.

When McGregor was up and coming he didn't really talk about money or fame at all. He only ever talked about becoming the best fighter. The money and fame talk only started when it actually came to him, selling 800,000 on his first PPV.

Gallagher could do with taking note. The only way he can become as rich or famous as he's talking about becoming is by fighting the best in the world. Until he's doing that he sounds like a clown.

Django99 wrote: »
    When McGregor was up and coming he didn't really talk about money or fame at all. He only ever talked about becoming the best fighter. The money and fame talk only started when it actually came to him, selling 800,000 on his first PPV.

Tbf, that's not exactly true.... as money was always a motivating factor for him. Visualizing the trappings of wealth was something he did often.

He's mentioned many times now that he used to sit in Dee's car at traffic lights and imagine he was actually driving a brand new car... the mad bastard :p

When he was 19 he was asked 'What's your dream?' and he said (@ 1m 55s):
    "My dream is to be world lightweight champion in the UFC, have more money than I know what to do with and have a great life for my kids, my grand kids, everyone in my family, everyone that came up with me................. that's my dream."

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Tbf, that's not exactly true.... as money was always a motivating factor for him. Visualizing the trappings of wealth was something he did often.

He's mentioned many times now that he used to sit in Dee's car at traffic lights and imagine he was actually driving a brand new car... the mad bastard :p

When he was 19 he was asked 'What's your dream?' and he said (@ 1m 55s):

Oh yeah I agree it was a motivating factor for it, absolutely.

But he wasn't spouting about PPV numbers, being the biggest draw, red panty night, or any of that sort of stuff till it was already happening and it was true.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ariel said at the top of the show Paulie will be calling in for 15 mins at 945pm Irish time.

I thought it was always an if Paulie can make it arrangement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Django99 wrote: »

Gallagher could do with taking note. The only way he can become as rich or famous as he's talking about becoming is by fighting the best in the world. Until he's doing that he sounds like a clown.
    Absolutely spot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

This guy being interviewed on the MMA hour at the moment is pissed.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/894663557123538944

Stupid kind of attention that article is generating now.

Paulie's a lunatic... "they put me up in a crack house" FFS

He admitted Conor got the better off him there in the first spar, he will take that comment back in his next interview no doubt the pyscho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

he is sounding a bit of a tit here

Seriously is... acting as if - as a pro sparring partner - doing some low mileage roadwork to get in basic professional shape was a big deal and a concession. He forgot who was paying the check here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

What style of questioning is Ariel going with? Is he believing it all or sceptical?

Ariel looks skeptical, but is letting him run and run. (He's team McGregor)

Ariel cant get a word in, hes just going off like a crazy ex gf.

• Advertisement

OMG he's not stopped for breath yet! That's what, 15 mins straight crazy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement