Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House Move - New Contract??

Options
  • 13-07-2017 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi . 
    Getting keys for my new house in Dublin in August and in an odd situation here as I wont be starting to live there untill October as I have to get some repair work done .

I am presuming that in August when the existing owners hand in the keys I'll take the last meter reading from them , contact Electric Ireland in case I  decide to go with you ?
    How do I make sure that the meter reading up-until 1st August is paid by them ...

Then my current apartment has an existing electric Ireland connection which is not in my name and I share the bill ...
    Would the electric Ireland Connection in the new house be treated as a new connection . I am hoping here that in August if I go with to electric Ireland in the new house I dont have a contract fee or deposit which needs to be paid upfront ??

Regards, Raul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi Raul, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

Once you receive the keys, you can contact us to register an account in your name. You will need to provide us with the MPRN and a meter reading from the day you took responsibility for the property. 

As soon as the new Electric Ireland account is open, the account of the previous occupant is automatically closed and a final bill is issued to them. The closing meter reading for the previous occupant will be the same as the reading you provide to register with Electric Ireland.

You can open your Electric Ireland account with us here on Boards or our other Social Media channels (Twitter and Facebook), by phoning our colleagues on 1850 372 372 (Monday to Saturday, 8am-8pm) or on our website: https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/online-services/moving-home

The property's supply is only considered a New Connection if the property is newly built and never had an electricity supply connected or if the power supply has been disconnected for more than 2 years and needs to be reconnected.

If you haven't had an account with Electric Ireland registered in your own name in the last 2 years, a security deposit of 300 EUR will be automatically applied to your account. This deposit is refundable after 14 months or upon closing the Electric Ireland account. 

The security deposit is not required if the customer signs up for payments by direct debit or chooses to register for a Pay As You Go meter. Should you pay your bills by direct debit, you will be eligible for long-term savings on your Electric Ireland account. 

We hope this helps. 

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Thanks, 
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RaulDublin

Hi Raul, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

Once you receive the keys, you can contact us to register an account in your name. You will need to provide us with the MPRN and a meter reading from the day you took responsibility for the property. 

As soon as the new Electric Ireland account is open, the account of the previous occupant is automatically closed and a final bill is issued to them. The closing meter reading for the previous occupant will be the same as the reading you provide to register with Electric Ireland.

You can open your Electric Ireland account with us here on Boards or our other Social Media channels (Twitter and Facebook), by phoning our colleagues on 1850 372 372 (Monday to Saturday, 8am-8pm) or on our website: https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/online-services/moving-home

The property's supply is only considered a New Connection if the property is newly built and never had an electricity supply connected or if the power supply has been disconnected for more than 2 years and needs to be reconnected.

If you haven't had an account with Electric Ireland registered in your own name in the last 2 years, a security deposit of 300 EUR will be automatically applied to your account. This deposit is refundable after 14 months or upon closing the Electric Ireland account. 

The security deposit is not required if the customer signs up for payments by direct debit or chooses to register for a Pay As You Go meter. Should you pay your bills by direct debit, you will be eligible for long-term savings on your Electric Ireland account. 

We hope this helps. 

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Thanks, 
    Anna

thanks anna.
    I have an electric Ireland account which hasent been used for last 9 months. I presume the connection will get transfered to that account when i call with the mprn and meter details .?
    Regards

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi Raul, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

If you have an old Electric Ireland account number, it can be re-used to register a new account. 

This can be done over the phone (1850 372 372, 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday), here on Boards or our other Social Media channels (Twitter and Facebook, 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday) or online here: https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/online-services/moving-home

Please let us know if you have any other queries. 

Thanks, 
    Anna

Advertisement