Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooflight electric wiring

Options
  • 14-07-2017 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

I'm having a roof light installed shortly. I'm not so sure that the cabling the electrician has installed will be enough.

He's got a 2.5sq coming from a fused spur to the upstand by the rooflight. From this point he's got a 1.5sq twin brown and a single 1.5sq brown running back to the light switch, which is on a twin box.

I've attached the wiring diagram which shows a six core control cable and a 2 core power cable.

I've raised this issue on two occasions only to be told that the cabling is sufficient.

Do I just sit back and wait to see what happens and just let them sort it out or do I install cables for it now myself?

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_23_58_57.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I've spoken to the manufacturer of the roof light this morning. The six core cable is necessary. The three core cable the electrician has run will open and close the roof light but it won't be able to turn control the led showing the operation mode.

Advertisement