Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discrepancy on RSA points notification, what to do?

Options
  • 14-07-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi!
    I recently got done for speeding (fair and square) on the motorway (over 120km/h).

The guard notice came through, correctly. I paid the fine, and then the RSA points notification came through.

The RSA notification shows :
    ".. following payment of a fixed charge in respect of an alleged offence of : Exceed 100km/h limit".

Is this in my favour or not? is it indifferent? is there a stepped points system per speed limit? If this is NOT in my favour, what do I do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,790 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What motorway were you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭dzzope

If you paid the fine, you have admitted guilt already and points are done via how long it takes you to pay, not how fast.

If you were going fast enough, it's dangerous driving Vs fixed penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

epicmoe wrote: »
    Hi!
    I recently got done for speeding (fair and square) on the motorway (over 120km/h).

But the fine was for exceeding 100 kph. By any chance were you on the N7 between the M50 and the Naas north exit - or the N4 between the M50 and the Lucan Spa Hotel? The speed limits on those sections vary between 80 and 100 kph. If the signs are green it's not technically a motorway and the speed limit will be less than 120 kph.

Advertisement