Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log-in Error: "Oops, unexpected error."

Options
  • 14-07-2017 11:26am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I rebooted by computer (all data gets cleared when I close out of the browser), and when I tried to log back into Boards (from the Responsive site), I kept getting this message:

"Oops, unexpected error.

Something's misbehaving with one of our servers at the moment, please try hitting Refresh in 10 seconds. If you see this message again, keep an eye on our Twitter page to see if there are notifications about this problem."

This happened maybe 5 or 6 times in a row.

I then switched to the Legacy site to try and log in from there, only to discover I was logged in after all (this was not showing on the Resposive site). However, when I tried to go to my User CP by clicking on the notifications number, I got another message that said "Too many redirections". Eventually I got back to the User CP, and everything now seems to have gone back to normal.

Any ideas as to why that happened?

Thanks. :)

(Please let me know if you need me to attach the diagnostics report - thanks.)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement