Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House build

Options
  • 14-07-2017 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi, could anyone tell me a rough guide on the cost of building a house?more specifically is it cheaper to build a bungalow of 3000 or a dormer of the same sq ft over two floors. It would be by direct labour using local tradesmen but have no idea on cost of foundation per sq ft or blockwork or roof etc. Not finished spec but basic house build sealed,windows doors etc and basic finish inside so it can be lived in with view to finishing interior over a number of years. Local blocklayer saying 130k would go a long way but seems on the low side to me. If anyone could give me an idea as to how to work out cost per section id much appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭FiOT

We are in the middle of a self build of a 2650sq.ft two storey house and large garage and are up to €190,000 so far with kitchen, hot/cold connections and landscaping still outstanding. Hoping to be in for around 210,000 and that is with us doing trojan work ourselves over the last 15 months including the entire roof (hubby is a carpenter), concrete stairs, insulation in floors and attic, stud walls and so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nagsheader

FiOT wrote: »
    We are in the middle of a self build of a 2650sq.ft two storey house and large garage and are up to €190,000 so far with kitchen, hot/cold connections and landscaping still outstanding. Hoping to be in for around 210,000 and that is with us doing trojan work ourselves over the last 15 months including the entire roof (hubby is a carpenter), concrete stairs, insulation in floors and attic, stud walls and so much more.

what part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 christina51

nagsheader wrote: »
    what part of the country are you in?

Sorry we are in east clare

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nagsheader

Sorry we are in east clare

Did the garage push the total build cost up much? I thinking of not building one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭FiOT

The garage was built in hollow blocks and we did the roof ourselves including latting and felting, we also scudded and scratch coated it. So we just payed for the blockwork and slating which wasn't too much in the grande scheme of things. We're in Co. Meath, 30 minutes from Dublin so prices can be dear enough around here.

Advertisement