Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zurich Pension fund choice

• 14-07-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi *,

About to sign up to a work pension supplied by Zurich
    Company with give 8% for my 5% contribution which is very good.

There is a lot of funds available from Global euro bonds REIT stocks.
    in house funds with Zurich and external managed funds.

Any good advice on a medium to High Risk fund selection as I am still young and have other passive income. so pension is not only retirement plan.

Thinking of
    Global Dynamic fund mostly stocks and some bonds 70%
    Global REIT 20%
    Top tech 10%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Splitting it up like that requires that you keep an eye on global trends and you'd have to make decisions every now and again about moving some of the money around. At your stage in life, if I was you I'd just put the whole lot into one or more 'managed' funds that are skewed towards equities and let the fund managers decide where to invest it. Maybe considering splitting your contributions 50/50 into a Zurich and an externally managed fund.

Beginning about 10 years before you plan to retire, start moving 10% p.a. of your funds into safer and less volatile funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

coylemj wrote: »
    Splitting it up like that requires that you keep an eye on global trends and you'd have to make decisions every now and again about moving some of the money around. At your stage in life, if I was you I'd just put the whole lot into one or more 'managed' funds that are skewed towards equities and let the fund managers decide where to invest it. Maybe considering splitting your contributions 50/50 into a Zurich and an externally managed fund.

Beginning about 10 years before you plan to retire, start moving 10% p.a. of your funds into safer and less volatile funds.

Cheers, I do know my way around investment and stocks but this is my first adventure with a work pension I have no problem adjusting it as required but I like the idea of splitting it between internal and external. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Externally managed will likely have a higher management charge so be aware of that.

I've a mixture across Top tech 100, Pathway 6, the various 5 star 5 funds, Earth resources, green energy. All high risk level equity based ones with Zurich. Was seeing some double digits growth the first half the year which has dropped a bit recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

I really like the top ten 100 but disappointed with pathway 5 and 6 performance. we are in a sustained bill Market for 8 years now I would expect better returns from these within the past few years.

I'll have to check fee charges on different accounts as I did not see them advertised. Will look deeper.

I am only starting but if I had a medium sized or large pension now I would move into a medium risk area as we are very late in bull market. And move back if there is any down size or large correction bear market average 18months . Most money is made with in the first two years of a bull market.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I am far from an expert in this area but find the 5 star 5 give range a good bit of "Built in" diversity and you can select across global, eu, asia pacific as well to diversify across countries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Surely the Broker handling the scheme can give some guidance? I'd get a full financial review done if I were you.

Advertisement