Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 days in Luxembourg

Options
  • 14-07-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I'm planning a a few days to Luxembourg got cheap flights get in at 5pm then have 3 full days. Apart from the palace, gardens, castle and memorial I'm wondering would I be able to fit in a day trip somewhere to Germany. Would love to know what you would do for a 3 day itinerary. Also love recommendations of bars/restaurants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Was there a couple of years ago, enjoyed visiting the Casemates http://www.visitluxembourg.com/en/place/castle/bock-casemates-luxembourg
    The Kirchberg Plateau is worth seeing if you are into architecture https://www.lcto.lu/en/things-to-do/kirchberg-district
    Day trips by train could be Trier in Germany and Metz in France.
    Have not got around to visit there myself yet; Trier has Roman heritage and Metz has the Centre Pompidou museum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Head into the Grund, plenty of places to eat and drink.

Haven't been there in a long while but the Mousel Cantine in the Brasserie Moussel brewery was always good for a hearty feed and plenty of places to stop for a few drinks afterwards. Lovely spot, especially if the weather is good. The whole area is chocolate box pretty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Trier is a worthwhile and easy day trip from Luxembourg. It's considered the oldest city in Germany and has many Roman ruins including the Porta Nigra, amphitheatre and Roman baths. Make sure you visit the Cathedral as well. It's also the birthplace of Karl Marx and there is a museum in his house if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

It has a good number of things to see and do OP

The Casemates du Bock, old fortification sounds boring maybe but it is good given its location

The cathedral is worth a look, free entry

Chocolate in the supermarket is super cheap buy it there instead of the airport, great quality Belgian stuff

The city museum is worthwhile

Who are you flying with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Some of the architecture in the EU area is interesting to see,
    not much more than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Luxair

Advertisement