Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit TX fees

Options
  • 14-07-2017 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

I applied online to close my current account the other day. Just before that I had sent 5euro to clear it, as the current account fee had come out a few days ago. Now I don't use this account physically, I use it online to transfer money  to my credit card but finally got around to setting up a direct payment to it and now don't need the current account. I went online today to check if the account was closed and there are 2 fees taken yesterday Debit TX-CODE 260 of 5.30 and  Debit TX-CODE 250 of 4c so my account is negative again. From googling it seems one of these codes are for using the ATM? I can't remember the last time I used the card on this account. Can you please explain what they are for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

250 is Interest owed and 260 is Fees owed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I applied online to close my current account the other day. Just before that I had sent 5euro to clear it, as the current account fee had come out a few days ago. Now I don't use this account physically, I use it online to transfer money  to my credit card but finally got around to setting up a direct payment to it and now don't need the current account. I went online today to check if the account was closed and there are 2 fees taken yesterday Debit TX-CODE 260 of 5.30 and  Debit TX-CODE 250 of 4c so my account is negative again. From googling it seems one of these codes are for using the ATM? I can't remember the last time I used the card on this account. Can you please explain what they are for?
    Hi mcgiggles,

Thanks for contacting us here on boards.

These transaction narratives will update overnight to display more information what they are for on your 365 online.

If you have any further queries on these transactions after they update you can call our customer service desk on 0818 365 365 and a advisor will be happy to help you.

You will also receive a closing account statement with the narratives more defined when the account is fully closed. 

We're sorry to hear that you wish to close your account.

If we can help you with anything else please let us know.

Thanks again,

Kareana

Advertisement