Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back in Control

Options
  • 14-07-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Not new to training, used to be 81kg, trained every day, would run 5k a few times a week and lift every other day. I was trim and fit and confident.

I'm 32, male.

Now I'm estimating 95kg, pudgy, uncomfortable, unfit, unhappy with all of that.

Goals (short-ish term - 12 weeks)
    Drop minimum of 8Kg (healthy .5kg ot 1kg per week)

By end of September comfortably run 10k in approx 55 mins (signed up for 10k run)

Stop drinking altogether (definite reason for increase in body fat)

Train daily - Weights / Cardio alternating days with one day off - Have a young daughter, so rising at 6am for gym and runs in order to spend the evenings doing stuff with her.

Increase sleep and increase sleep quality.

Obviously have a better level of control over diet etc.

Essentially, i've been there before and I know what it takes, and I know how to get there - It's having the determination and resolve to do it again.

I guess this is more for my own accountability and my own progress tracking. (will amend above for actual weight this evening or over the weekend)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Daddy_Pig

This will be mainly used to track progress towards my goals.
    An additional goal is to get stronger. This is more long term. But I'll track progress here. Apart from that I won't be logging food, just logging if I have hit the macros that I am aiming for (40-40-20 - Pro / Fat / Carb)
    I'll do a weekly weigh in starting Monday, with close to daily logs of fitness progress.

Advertisement