Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal cycling kildare sections

Options
  • 14-07-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is aware of plans to making cycling easier along the grand canal ..
    I'm thinking in particular of sections between Adamstown -> HazelHatch and Straffan -> Sallins

The Adamstown section is not too bad for cycling except for a few short stretch's with very rough stone .. while the Sallins section gets to soft for cycling outside the summer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭guanciale

I do these sections a lot but am unaware of any plans to upgrade them. To be honest, I would prefer that they leave them the way they are. Nice mix of rough/grass sections, gravel. I agree with the run into Sallins. I was on it in winter and it was hard going as it was waterlogged. Did it again last week and it was still soggy in places.
    The section beyond Sallins is very nice all the way out to Edenderry.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭little_monty

Yeah i wouldn't like to see big upgrades done on these sections either .. only the really soggy or rough stone parts to be made a little more bike friendly

Advertisement