Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D code or whatever its called.

Options
  • 14-07-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

On the FAQ it says that this service is free but we may be charged by the mobile companies for the text, how much is the max charge we could be charged? 

If you dont know, please find out. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

On the FAQ it says that this service is free but we may be charged by the mobile companies for the text, how much is the max charge we could be charged? 

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Please contact your network provider for more information regarding charges as each provider would vary in charges and rates.

Charges may only apply if you are using roaming on your phone as normally mobile phone providers would not charge for standard incoming texts. 

If we can help you with anything else please let us know.

Thanks, 

Kareana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP Just do what a lot of people do when you hit the 3D secure brick wall, abandon the sale and find the stuff you want somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

my3cents wrote: »
    OP Just do what a lot of people do when you hit the 3D secure brick wall, abandon the sale and find the stuff you want somewhere else.
    Hi my3cents,

Thanks for the post.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]When shopping online you will be only asked for these code by merchants that have opted into verified by Visa/3d secure. [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I[/font]t will be easier and quicker to use when shopping online as you don't have to remember codes or passwords going forward as the 1 time code will be sent to your registered mobile. :) 

Thanks

Kareana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hi my3cents,

Thanks for the post.

When shopping online you will be only asked for these code by merchants that have opted into verified by Visa/3d secure. 

It will be easier and quicker to use when shopping online as you don't have to remember codes or passwords going forward as the 1 time code will be sent to your registered mobile. :) 

Thanks

Kareana

3D Secure is set up to protect the merchant and is no real benefit to the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Please contact your network provider for more information regarding charges as each provider would vary in charges and rates.

Charges may only apply if you are using roaming on your phone as normally mobile phone providers would not charge for standard incoming texts. 

If we can help you with anything else please let us know.

Thanks, 

Kareana
    Hi Kareana, 

Can you tell me what is the number that the standard text will be coming from? 
    My provider is unable to tell me exactly what the cost will be as i do not have that to hand. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hi my3cents,

Thanks for the post.

When shopping online you will be only asked for these code by merchants that have opted into verified by Visa/3d secure. 

It will be easier and quicker to use when shopping online as you don't have to remember codes or passwords going forward as the 1 time code will be sent to your registered mobile. :) 

Thanks

Kareana

3D Secure is set up to protect the merchant and is no real benefit to the buyer.
    Except for the tiny annoyance of having to charge back... 

Advertisement