Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much reality tv.

Options
  • 14-07-2017 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

It seems you cant get away from it, no matter what channel it is, reality tv seems to be clogging up the tv listings and is getting far too much attention, whether it's, X Factor, I'm a celebrity, BGT, Big Brother, Made in Chelsea, TOWIE, Love Island etc etc, it seems everything revolves around the antics of the people on all these shows, is anyone else sick of these kind of shows getting so much attention.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

These kind of programmes are full of has beens, never has beens, no talents who's only claim to fame has been to appear on a tv screen, it's creating the worst of celeb culture, famous for being famous in other words, with no known talents at all, other than appearing on these shows, what exactly are the likes of Joey Essex, and Kim Kardashian known for apart from appearing on these reality shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

No fan of Reality TV or fake RTV (Made in Chelsea etc), but think ye are in the wrong forum :pac:

No fan of Reality TV or fake RTV (Made in Chelsea etc), but think ye are in the wrong forum :pac:

No its the correct forum its under TV entertainment and reality tv, where it's supposed to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Mutant z wrote: »
    No its the correct forum its under TV entertainment and reality tv, where it's supposed to be.

I dunno, it'd be like someone going into the Soccer forum and complaining about too much soccer on TV.

I dunno, it'd be like someone going into the Soccer forum and complaining about too much soccer on TV.

As long as it's about the particular sport in question then it shouldnt make any difference, not everyone who goes on to particular forums has to like the stuff its about you know, discussion about it can be positive or negative as long as its about the subject in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

While reality TV may be common place on prime time traditional TV channels I don't see it as a negative.

We are still living through a golden age of TV where the choice is astronomical.

I've no problem jumping from trashy reality TV to prestige drama.

It only becomes an issue when the popularity of a certain format results in a lack of other shows being made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I don't think there's enough Reality Tv on television, I hate the gaps between series of BB, Love Island etc.

Advertisement