Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night bars

Options
  • 14-07-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Hi all, could any of ye recommend a late bar in the city to me, theres about 25 of us going for dinner at the cornstore and looking for a place to go after near there, Not reardens please... Soho bricklane the bodega or the vicarstown inn what place would ye recommend, decent door staff(that we all can get in!!) decent music and decent drink/cocktails....we are an older mixed group.
    Any help would be great. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Hi all, could any of ye recommend a late bar in the city to me, theres about 25 of us going for dinner at the cornstore and looking for a place to go after near there, Not reardens please... Soho bricklane the bodega or the vicarstown inn what place would ye recommend, decent door staff(that we all can get in!!) decent music and decent drink/cocktails....we are an older mixed group.
    Any help would be great. Cheers

You won't get in anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Crane lane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

yenom wrote: »
    You won't get in anywhere.
    How unhelpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The Crane Lane is a good call if you want a late bar where you can get lots (25 people) in, I'm not sure about cocktails though. The Wine Bar (Arthur Maynes) is a really nice spot that's often overlooked. Barbarossa might be ideal if it were a bit bigger or a smaller group.

If the weather's nice, somewhere like Deep South is good. Has a nice big outdoor area. Maybe Electric? Cask on McCurtain St. is thriving, but closes at 12:30 at the weekends.

The Old Oak is big enough, but feels like a bit of a social experiment it's such a mixed crowd. The Oliver Plunkett isn't bad, can't really comment on their cocktails. Edison has some of the best cocktails, but if the site is right it closes at midnight.. seems very early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just to make sure everyone will get in would you not book a table for a large group somewhere ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Just to make sure everyone will get in would you not book a table for a large group somewhere ?.

Wherever you decide to go, you should definitely contact the venue in advance to let them know that there will be a group of 25 arriving at such-and-such a time.

For a group that size, I would say Crane Lane is your best option.

Advertisement