Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

The point I'm trying to make is these vile acts have nothing to do with your religion or creed. We're all the same good or bad.

There's quite a far-cry of actions that occurred in Ireland several decades ago with actions that happened up until 2013. Nobody is saying every Muslim was responsible, I don't think a single person has alluded to it. What we have said is that the guilt-riddled and "anti-racist" attitude of a great many people on your side of the fence is what allowed it to continue. It's what allowed the police and media to effectively cover-up the migrant sex attacks in Koeln and a Swedish festival.

Trying to deflect from the absolutely glaring failures of multiculturalism from this decade by saying "well Catholics allowed something similar to happen in the 80s and so lets just say nobody is completely good" is a disgusting tactic that has been replicated far too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Mutant z wrote: »
    Islam can never be compatible to Ireland end of,

the actual reality says otherwise, end of.
    a practising muslim puts their religion above all else,

so like any conservative practicing member of a religion then?
    if you believe in the ideals of islam, you can never become a loyal integrated citizen of this country.

really? according to who?
    AnGaelach wrote: »
    the guilt-riddled and "anti-racist" attitude of a great many people on your side of the fence is what allowed it to continue. It's what allowed the police and media to effectively cover-up the migrant sex attacks in Koeln and a Swedish festival.

along with the fear of far right wing extremism.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

There's quite a far-cry of actions that occurred in Ireland several decades ago with actions that happened up until 2013. Nobody is saying every Muslim was responsible, I don't think a single person has alluded to it. What we have said is that the guilt-riddled and "anti-racist" attitude of a great many people on your side of the fence is what allowed it to continue. It's what allowed the police and media to effectively cover-up the migrant sex attacks in Koeln and a Swedish festival.

Trying to deflect from the absolutely glaring failures of multiculturalism from this decade by saying "well Catholics allowed something similar to happen in the 80s and so lets just say nobody is completely good" is a disgusting tactic that has been replicated far too many times.

I still don't really see what a sex ring in the UK has to do with immigrants coming to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Wow, so many PC, SJWs in this thread, it makes me want to barf!
    Are you all blind to what's going on in Germany, France, Italy, UK etc. at the moment? Or maybe too pre-occupied trying to free Ibrahim?

In the next decade you will all turn out like the 2 leading community reps from ballyhaunis in the OPs link saying "Ok, now we have too much "diversity", it's time for somewhere else to take the burden". They should have never let it get to that point to begin with.

It's time to take Poland's approach and choose sanctions over immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Some people are clearly ignorant to islam and what it entails.

• Advertisement

I still don't really see what a sex ring in the UK has to do with immigrants coming to Ireland

A problem indicative of multiculturalism that's been replicated across Europe won't happen as you make Ireland more multicultural? What sort a fúcking world do you live on? We're not some special race with the ability to replicate what everyone else does whilst bypassing the problems.

A problem indicative of multiculturalism that's been replicated across Europe won't happen as you make Ireland more multicultural? What sort a fúcking world do you live on? We're not some special race with the ability to replicate what everyone else does whilst bypassing the problems.

Well they've come to the right country if they want to abuse children, they may just be given houses in other areas if they're caught

Well they've come to the right country if they want to abuse children, they may just be given houses in other areas if they're caught

It is this mentality that betrays your false sympathy for immigrants or refugees or any of the other plethora of methods you use to evoke guilt and shame and pity in the hearts of the natives.

You quite candidly don't seem to care about the repercussions of your actions, you're just continuing on ahead out of spite. You want to punish us for our accommodating of the Church's abuse by replicating it on a much larger scale, as though this is going to bring about some kind of cosmic justice.

There simply won't be any reasoning with you and your kind, despite the cries from those on the left who identify as pragmatic pro-immigration. If that is what it comes to, then we shall both make our beds but at the end of it only one of us will lie in it.

Men still spoke of peace but girded more sternly for war

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

It was a tongue in cheek remark. You and Joey have the "every racist has a black friend" shtick to laugh about, we have the "my immigrant friend is fluent in Irish and plays GAA so he's Irish" shtick to laugh about.
    I know, I know. But I just find it humourous that there's some people out there who are acting as if white Catholic Irish are some kind of superior Aryan race.

I know, I know. But I just find it humourous that there's some people out there who are acting as if white Catholic Irish are some kind of superior Aryan race.

Nobody here is extolling the virtues of the Irish race as being superior or less than anyone else's. It's not racist to what to protect what we hold dear to us. There's a great disparity between "I'm Irish and I want Ireland to be Irish" and "Get away from me you filthy Anglo-Saxon pauper".

Pretending we're racial supremacists when we simply want our homeland to remain ours is intellectually repulsive.

• Advertisement

Nobody here is extolling the virtues of the Irish race as being superior or less than anyone else's. It's not racist to what to protect what we hold dear to us. There's a great disparity between "I'm Irish and I want Ireland to be Irish" and "Get away from me you filthy Anglo-Saxon pauper".

Pretending we're racial supremacists when we simply want our homeland to remain ours is intellectually repulsive.

Sorry can you tell me what I hold dear to me? Because I really don't know, outside of my family.

Sorry can you tell me what I hold dear to me? Because I really don't know, outside of my family.

I don't much care what you hold dear, you seem to hold little regard for the lives of the citizenry in this country when you make a comment like your previous one. I won't be responding to you any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

dav3 wrote: »
    Anyway this thread isn't about Irishness, it's about white Irish and those nasty non-white Irish plotting behind our backs to take over our pure white land.

The quality of your posts is going down, and it wasn't particularly high to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The quality of your posts is going down, and it wasn't particularly high to start with.

and that has what relevance to muslims supposibly taking over our land and wiping us whites out, exactly?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

and that has what relevance to muslims supposibly taking over our land and wiping us whites out, exactly?

Well, obviously dav3 is in league with ISIL and he is the 5th columnist who is going to lower our defenses so we don't notice their armada of ships landing! :rolleyes:

I mean, what? Muslims taking over our land and wiping us out? You're totally misquoting me. If you recall I was saying that Buddhists are taking over our land and butchering us. Jesus, end of the road, you should be a bit more precise when posting. Edit: just to be clear end of the road is just randomly bringing up religion to further his own agenda.

Anyway dav3's points are pretty much
    1. If you are progressive, like himself, you must by definition have no issues with immigration
    2. By virtue of (1) if you do have an issue with immigration you are a racist
    3. Encouraging the discussion of immigration is done purely by racists (whether or not they know they are)
    4. The proof that immigration is doing fine is that there isn't an upsurge of beheadings.
    5. Sure there's only one master-racist here and every other account is a re-reg or paid shill.
    6. Numbers mean whatever he wants them to mean.
    7. Evidence used by people who question immigration is made up, blown out of proportion, or an isolated example.

Regardless of how annoying that type of posting is, it is useful insofar that that it typifies the type of defense which targets the nature of the debate, and fails to really debate the issue at hand. In short he's fine with the idea of Irish people becoming a minority, not so much because he's are in favor of it in of itself, but because doing so makes him, he believes, look good.

The only solid argument he can make is that non-national numbers stagnated between the last two censuses. Seeing that there were a total of 544,357 non-Irish nationals living in the country in April 2011, up from 224,261 people in 2002, I'd suggest that that would indicate there's been a significant influx of people into this country. Oh wait, I'm questing immigration, therefore I'm automatically wrong, no counter-argument is necessary at all! I'm also a re-reg, the reincarnation of Hitler, and I've been paid a substantial fee by an evil fake-news corporation to post this message. Oh I was meant to mention skin color somewhere in my post, nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I think it matches the quality of the thread perfectly. You boys aren't giving me a lot to work with.

• Site Banned Posts: 29 friedhof

dav3 wrote: »
    I think it matches the quality of the thread perfectly. You boys aren't giving me a lot to work with.

WHY DONT PEOPLE MAKE LIEBE INSTEAD OF KRIEG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Raycyst

I'm with the Dalai Lama on this. Ireland for the Irish.

Perhaps we'd take a few genuine refugees but none of the fake ones, and none of the terrorists posing as children either.

We need to end citizen by naturalisation after only five years too.

My policy's are selfish, not racist. People don't throw open their houses to help others and likewise I don't abide by us throwing our country open either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Well, obviously dav3 is in league with ISIL and he is the 5th columnist who is going to lower our defenses so we don't notice their armada of ships landing! :rolleyes:

I mean, what? Muslims taking over our land and wiping us out? You're totally misquoting me. If you recall I was saying that Buddhists are taking over our land and butchering us. Jesus, end of the road, you should be a bit more precise when posting. Edit: just to be clear end of the road is just randomly bringing up religion to further his own agenda.

Anyway dav3's points are pretty much
    1. If you are progressive, like himself, you must by definition have no issues with immigration
    2. By virtue of (1) if you do have an issue with immigration you are a racist
    3. Encouraging the discussion of immigration is done purely by racists (whether or not they know they are)
    4. The proof that immigration is doing fine is that there isn't an upsurge of beheadings.
    5. Sure there's only one master-racist here and every other account is a re-reg or paid shill.
    6. Numbers mean whatever he wants them to mean.
    7. Evidence used by people who question immigration is made up, blown out of proportion, or an isolated example.

Regardless of how annoying that type of posting is, it is useful insofar that that it typifies the type of defense which targets the nature of the debate, and fails to really debate the issue at hand. In short he's fine with the idea of Irish people becoming a minority, not so much because he's are in favor of it in of itself, but because doing so makes him, he believes, look good.

The only solid argument he can make is that non-national numbers stagnated between the last two censuses. Seeing that there were a total of 544,357 non-Irish nationals living in the country in April 2011, up from 224,261 people in 2002, I'd suggest that that would indicate there's been a significant influx of people into this country. Oh wait, I'm questing immigration, therefore I'm automatically wrong, no counter-argument is necessary at all! I'm also a re-reg, the reincarnation of Hitler, and I've been paid a substantial fee by an evil fake-news corporation to post this message. Oh I was meant to mention skin color somewhere in my post, nuts.

I look forward to the reply's to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

There are too many facile mantras here, too much hysteria, too much enslavement to ideology and too much bandying about of terms such as traitor and racist.
    I agree with Lord Sutch that we should take some immigrants, especially genuine refugees in a controlled way. Countries or territories that have experienced an uncontrolled influx of outsiders either have survived from the incomers' point of view through the support of an invading power and the ability to take land and resources from the indigenous people or have gone under from the point of view of the natives.
    One undeniable problem concerning the present migration across the Mediterranean lies in determining who is a genuine refugee and who is a terrorist. The terrorists have made it known that they would embed some of their members among the refugees, and have done so.
    Another problem is this: The refugees are either good people or bad people. If they are bad people the attendant problems go without saying. If they are predominantly good people, then who is being left behind in their respective countries? Are those countries being drained of decency? And expertise? Will that not create further problems for those countries and for us?
    The problem for Europe is not so much those who have already arrived as the millions who are queueing up behind them, motivated by the terrible mess existing in their countries and encouraged by the number who have succeeded in getting to Europe.
    It is too easy to dismiss the fact that many of the immigrants, decent as they may be, have come from tyrannical regimes and lack a proper appreciation of western democratic values.
    Once here these people should be treated in a humane and compassionate way, but we need to rid ourselves of the delusion that no problems will follow, and bandying around words such as racist and traitor will not address or solve those problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 artorias

Reading this thread makes me regret having accepted the job offer that brought me here. One of these days I'll jump in front of a moving bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Greendaisy

No, I definitely would not be ok if 100% ethnically Irish became a minority. Having worked in countries where the ethnic citizens got treated unbelievably well by their country, I wish Ireland looked after her own like that....then maybe so many of us would be able to stay in Ireland, work, pay bills, live life etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I wouldn't give a toss one way or the other. I am what I am regardless of how many others there are like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

By the time it would happen I would probably not be alive and my ancestors would probably be of mixed race so I don't think it really matters at all to be fair.

You can kind of see this happening in America and in a few generations whites will be a smaller percentage of the population (although still a sizeable one) but the thing is they probably never should have been a majority anyway - they only are because settlers killed indigenous populations and immigration was generally only allowed from Europe; except of course for the poor Africans that were imported and sold like cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,082 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

for 10th time I don't give a hoots who comes in be it Black, Asian whatever, once they want to contribute to this society and pay their way better luck to them.

However you now see the fear being out about Pensions and that we are "ageing". However when people are given handouts that of course is having a relation to all our pensions in the future. If we stopped giving handouts to people who just want sit on their ass and give it to the people who actually worked full time jobs for 40-50 years then we could all move on.

That's what likes Peter Sutherland is missing although he is not that stupid and it's more for greed to himself. Likes of Sutherland don't give a hoots about refugees just what they can get out of them.

Money does not grow on trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Lux23 wrote: »
    By the time it would happen I would probably not be alive and my ancestors would probably be of mixed race so I don't think it really matters at all to be fair.

We're practically all mixed race as it is - some of us just mixed way back when, possibly with a particularly dashing Viking or someone like that. Those scandanavians can be damn hot!

Generally speaking, bar the odd KKK "I wouldn't touch no filthy darky" type, the reason people didn't have kids with other races was simple lack of opportunity. You married a girl within a 10 mile radius of the town you were born in 90% of the time. 100 miles away may as well be the far side of the world.
    Nowadays we have the technology to get to the far side of the world, almost on a whim - a whole new world of sexy foreigners has been opened up to us, stands to reason there are going to be a lot more mixed race kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,082 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We're practically all mixed race as it is - some of us just mixed way back when, possibly with a particularly dashing Viking or someone like that. Those scandanavians can be damn hot!

Generally speaking, bar the odd KKK "I wouldn't touch no filthy darky" type, the reason people didn't have kids with other races was simple lack of opportunity. You married a girl within a 10 mile radius of the town you were born in 90% of the time. 100 miles away may as well be the far side of the world.
    Nowadays we have the technology to get to the far side of the world, almost on a whim - a whole new world of sexy foreigners has been opened up to us, stands to reason there are going to be a lot more mixed race kids.

Are you being racist by saying Irish Girls are not sexy;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Perhaps people should have listened to the colonel, he offered a solution for less than €6 a head a year of us EU peoples...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/7973649/Gaddafi-Europe-will-turn-black-unless-EU-pays-Libya-4bn-a-year.html

What a horrible message!

I want that messenger hunted down and killed.

What? He already has been?

Excellent work. Carry on.

The UN are saying Africa doubles its entire population by 2050. Maybe we should shoot the UN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Raycyst

The willful destruction of Libya is obviously a warcrime.

UK and France this time, not the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Do you think those gangs were State or religious institutions or something? You'd be hard-pressed finding a person who wouldn't condemn or be aware of the Catholic Church's disgusting behaviour, but as you've seen there are people (like the poster above) who wasn't even aware the abuse had happened and instead dismissed it as right-wing fantasy/xenophobia.

Engaging in whataboutery does nothing to solve either issue, or are you trying to say if we had cracked down on the abhorrent Catholic Church practices that those 1600 children wouldn't have been raped?

It's whataboutery on a disgusting scale on your part.

You're wrong I was aware of the case just not the alleged scale of the abuse. One previous poster reported 'thousands' of cases as FACT and more tellingly used this appalling situation to make an attack on Muslims in general.. hence my reference to the abuse carried out by Catholic Church clergy.The fact that a group of child molesters were from Catholic or Muslim background. does not reflect on the values of the wider group and this was not only overlooked but purposefully manipulated for cheap propaganda. Indeed I suggest you go and stick your faux contemptible disgust where the sun don't shine. Nobody really falls for it and this I suspect is also the case for the gormless clowns who parrot it out

Advertisement