Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

A deranged loon he was not, he was a very capable military leader (though you're free to disagree with the book he penned).

Yes, you are correct - a very capable military leader. Undeniable.

But he claimed that an angel brought him messages from God in a cave. So that fits quite neatly into 'deranged' by most interpretations of the word.

These descriptions are not opposites or mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Way to miss the point. No one is saying there should be no foreigners. The problem is mass immigration from the third world is damaging to Europe i.e. ghettos, gang wars, sexual violence acid attacks. This could have been avoided if our glorious leaders had chosen the path of controlled migration.

I'm talking about Ireland.

I'm saying, we're better off now that at pretty much any point in our history - do you agree or disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,140 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm saying, we're better off now that at pretty much any point in our history - do you agree or disagree?
    We are, but we had a Celtic Tiger in the 1990s without much help from outside.

Its good to see healthy migration take place, but to be stupid enough to think that its only cause we opened our doors that things are better is well stupid.

I had a job in a garden centre when I was 11. Know of plenty of Irish lads going to school growing up who pay their own way. Now most of younger generation dont get jobs till they leave college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Hold on, you don't think that's due to technological advances, new roads, better opportunities through the IDA etc.

You think it's all because of immigration?

We are, but we had a Celtic Tiger in the 1990s without much help from outside.

By without much help from outside, do you mean almost entirely driven from outside? The celtic tiger was basically us catching up with the rest of Europe and the world after decades of introspection left us one of the poorest countries in the "developed" world.
    Hold on, you don't think that's due to technological advances, new roads, better opportunities through the IDA etc.

I don't think it's all because of immigration, no of course not. But I don't think it would have been possible without it either - certainly not on anything like the scale or the time frame it happened in.
    A large percentage of our turnaround into the country we are now is entirely "foreign" Foreign companies, foreign workers, foreign money from the EU to build roads to drive our foreign cars on - and so on and so fort.
    Cabbage and bacon didn't transform this country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I avoid GAA as much as I can, don't enjoy it at all. I don't like diddley-eye music. I think most of our "culture" was invented in the last 100 years to give us some kind of identity. It means nothing to me. I went to a Gaelscoil and used to be fluent but again I never really saw the point in it. There are lots of things I like about Ireland but I don't feel in any way unique or different to say, a British person, because whether we like it or not we're not really any different to them at all. In fact, having lived in Britain for years, it's by far the closest thing to home we have. So when people talk about us losing our culture, I can't really figure out what I'm supposed to be worried about losing.
    This criteria must make me Mongolian then, as I think GAA is a joke and I see no use for the Irish language.
    Interesting.
    Proponents of "cultural diversity" have a singular contempt for Irish culture & identity, to the extent that its decline/replacement is to be welcomed.

Reminiscent of "anti-racists" who'll endlessly go on about the Irish being an inherently flawed, inferior people - unattractive, stupid, corrupt, sickly, etc. - needful of an influx of superior genes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

How would it have happened without immigration? I can't think that Ireland had enough natives fluent in German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Arabic, Turkish etc speakers with adequate levels of education and computer literacy or accountancy degrees to have allowed big multi-nationals to set up headquarters and conduct their EMEA business from here, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

So what?
    I 've also no idea what you mean by unsustainable.

You are what you are - it doesn't matter who is beside you. If you go to Spain on holiday, you're suddenly in a part of a tiny minority of Irish people in Spain - what difference does that make?
    None whatsoever!

Because I'd rather not become part of a tiny minority of Irish people in Ireland.

Cabbage and bacon didn't transform this country!

Do you suffer from some kind of culture cringe?

AnGaelach wrote: »
    Because I'd rather not become part of a tiny minority of Irish people in Ireland.

Just because you'd rather not for no particular reason?
    Or do you think it would change you in some way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

sexual violence acid attacks.

That's a great Punk band name, in fairness.

Shenshen wrote: »
    How would it have happened without immigration? I can't think that Ireland had enough natives fluent in German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Arabic, Turkish etc speakers with adequate levels of education and computer literacy or accountancy degrees to have allowed big multi-nationals to set up headquarters and conduct their EMEA business from here, do you?

The Germans, French, Spaniards, Italians, Dutch, Norwegians, Swedes and Finns all speak English.

Why you threw in Turkish and Arabic, when our trade with them is and has been relatively miniscule confounds me. Did you just need to add a few token "not-European" languages to make sure you didn't come across as a racist white supremacist?

Just because you'd rather not for no particular reason?
    Or do you think it would change you in some way?

What sort of a particular reason do you need? I don't want to become a fúcking minority in my own home, there's your reason.

What sort of a particular reason do you need? I don't want to become a fúcking minority in my own home, there's your reason.

And what a well thought out, eloquently expressed one it is too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭DaniilKharms

Don't give a single **** what color people are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Raycyst

The politicans who pretend that they can't see the problems that immigration causes are treasonous traitors to Ireland.

Of course the Guards have no intention of investigating serious crime in this country, and that includes treason. Paul Kehoe, FG Defence Minister, has ordered the Irish Navy to bring ISIS members from Liyba to Italy. That is undoubtedly treasonous. The Irish Naval Service spokesman, says 'The Irish Navy are only following orders', (including the word 'only') when I ask why they are cheerfully bringing terrorists to Europe where they will murder Europeans.

ISIS have said they will infiltrate the refugee flows with terrorists. To refuse to vet those people is therefore treasonous.

Charities should step in and they should do the police's job for them, in the same way that charities are providing health services, legal advice services, education swervices etc etc.
    Charities should investigate the potential treasous that the Irish Guards have no intention of addressing.

Civil war type conditions are forming in this country. They have already formed on the continent. This weekend in Germany the police had to deal with many roving gangs of 30 to 50 africans in each group, who were attacking members of the public and destroying property.
    Who voted for that?

Raycyst wrote: »
    The politicans who pretend that they can't see the problems that immigration causes are treasonous traitors to Ireland.

Of course the Guards have no intention of investigating serious crime in this country, and that includes treason. Paul Kehoe, FG Defence Minister, has ordered the Irish Navy to bring ISIS members from Liyba to Italy. That is undoubtedly treasonous. The Irish Naval Service spokesman, says 'The Irish Navy are only following orders', (including the word 'only') when I ask why they are cheerfully bringing terrorists to Europe where they will murder Europeans.

ISIS have said they will infiltrate the refugee flows with terrorists. To refuse to vet those people is therefore treasonous.

Charities should step in and they should do the police's job for them, in the same way that charities are providing health services, legal advice services, education swervices etc etc.
    Charities should investigate the potential treasous that the Irish Guards have no intention of addressing.

Civil war type conditions are forming in this country. They have already formed on the continent. This weekend in Germany the police had to deal with many roving gangs of 30 to 50 africans in each group, who were attacking members of the public and destroying property.
    Who voted for that?

The same people that voted for all the white priests to rape thousands of kids I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

How on earth are you going to become a minority in Ireland?.

The same people that voted for all the white priests to rape thousands of kids I assume.

Who voted that the government should refuse to discuss these issues and when did society decide that it is racist to talk about problems?

When was the decision made that failed asylum seekers shouldn't be deported?

The refusal or failure to deport failed asylum seekers is treasonous in my view.
    If one of those people commits a crime can the state be sued?
    Expect big paydays in the future, paid for by the taxpayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

How on earth are you going to become a minority in Ireland?.

Extremely, extremely unlikely within the next 100 years in Ireland but some have speculated that this is the fate that awaits Sweden over that time frame, so it makes for a worthy debate imho.

Massive immigration + family unification + much higher fertility rates than native Swedes being the drivers. Possibly with a modest amount of emigration of aforementioned native Swedes.

• Advertisement

Who voted that the government should refuse to discuss these issues and when did society decide that it is racist to talk about problems?

The refusal or failure to deport failed asylum seekers is treasonous in my view.

First, you're the one calling alll of these issues collectively a "problem". That's an opinion. Stoking animus isn't a wise solution, btw.

Second, we don't vote on almost anything that the government does, because we live in a representative democracy.

Third, there's nothing "treasonous" about any of this - that's hyperbolic or extremely paranoid... or both.

Finally, the VAST VAST VAST majority of people in Irish prisons are - wait for it - white Irish people.

Maybe we should deport them to cut down on crime?

You're engaged in nonsensical fearmongering... people can draw their own assumptions as to why.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

The Germans, French, Spaniards, Italians, Dutch, Norwegians, Swedes and Finns all speak English.

Why you threw in Turkish and Arabic, when our trade with them is and has been relatively miniscule confounds me. Did you just need to add a few token "not-European" languages to make sure you didn't come across as a racist white supremacist?

You ring up a German bank trying to sell them software and see if you ever get past the receptionist.
    Or better still, try it with a French public department.

And you'd be surprised how much software the Arab countries are buying these days, and how much they're involved with the telecommunications markets in Africa.

Third, there's nothing "treasonous" about any of this - that's hyperbolic or extremely paranoid... or both.

You're engaged in nonsensical fearmongering... people can draw their own assumptions as to why.

Replacing our population is treasonous.

From basically 99% Irish 15 years ago to 80% Irish now is a disgrace.

Why does our government force women, by economic necessity, to work outside the home?
    The State shall, therefore, endeavour to ensure that mothers shall not be obliged by economic necessity to engage in labour to the neglect of their duties in the home.
    The state is acting treasonously by refusing to act in accordance with the constitution.
    Why does the state ignore women's rights under the constitution?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

rachb wrote: »
    Seriously?? Nothing racist about asking this!
    To answer your question OP- No!
    No town in any country should become a minority in their race!

Just let the town die out instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Why does our government force women, by economic necessity, to work outside the home?
    The state is acting treasonously by refusing to act in accordance with the constitution.

That's not the government's fault, that's the fault of people like you. Men who are too lazy to work hard enough so that their womenfolk don't have to go out to work.

It's not my fault that the government ignores the constitution and that the gardai are corrupt and run by violent criminals, who seek to destroy the lives of serving police officers. None of that is my fault.

It's the fault of an uncaring and corrupt government and society. There's no reason to be proud to be Irish as Ireland stands for nothing.

Sarkozy mocked Enda Kenny by patting him on the head and Enda shied away and smiled coyly like a debutant or a schoolchild. That's Ireland in a nutshell, no confidence at all.

I'm horrified to be represented by the likes of Enda or Leo.

Leo will be the most divisive taoseach we've ever had. Perhaps the civil war will start on his watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Leo will be the most divisive taoseach we've ever had. Perhaps the civil war will start on his watch.

You need to stop worshipping Pepe the Frog in your mom's basement and get a grip.

It will all be grand don't sweat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

If the OP had watched the Guardian video, he'd have seen a small town where the locals have gone out of their way to welcome the newcomers and get them involved in the local community.

Here it is - watch out for the lad whose father came to work in the Halal meat plant - he's mad into hurling:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2017/jul/14/pitching-up-ancient-sports-for-children-in-irelands-most-ethnically-diverse-town

The kids who were born in or have grown up in Ballyhaunis are as Irish as anyone else. If anyone nation of people should be sympathetic to emigrants who've left their own countries, home towns, family and friends behind for a better life, it's the Irish.

When I was growing up I was always taught that being Irish meant being hospitable and welcoming to strangers.

As far as I can see from the video, a lot of people in Ballyhaunis feel the same way. Good luck to them, good luck to all the newcomers to Ballyhaunis, good luck to all the children of immigrants who've been born in and grown up in Ballyhaunis, feck the begrudgers.

Who voted for that?

Replacing our population is treasonous.

From basically 99% Irish 15 years ago to 80% Irish now is a disgrace.

Jaysus, did you just learn the word treason today or what?

Maybe get out and get a bit of fresh air, you know - before the civil war kicks off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Humans have been racially tribal for around 100,000 years. Then all of a sudden in the 1970s, 80s and 90s a miniscule minority made a decision to tell the vast majority that your humanistic emotions are not valid. That your internal instinct of being tribal is not allowed anymore.

30-40 odd years out 100,000. Every single human being is a racist. And 30 odd years of pretending that we are not racist aint going to change that. People feel more comfortable around their own tribe. It will take Millennia to change that.

Well let's get a bloody move on so.

How many people died needlessly over those 100,000 years over pointless or imaginary differences?

I don't think that the history of humanity should be a guide to its future. Let's face it - if the human race had spent even a tenth of the energy on improving the world as we've done on killing each other over thousands of years, we'd all have had far better lives.

Think of all those lives wasted in European religious wars, think of all the lives wasted in the Holocaust, think of all the potential wasted from generally excluding 50% of the human race from proper education until fairly recently.

Human beings have wasted so much time and potential for thousands of years. Why bother carrying on like before? Imagine if we went back to a time when women weren't allowed work outside the home and weren't allowed anything but a basic education, if that. How many inventions and improvements to technology have we missed out on by denying half the human race a chance to use their brains to their full potential for thousands of years? Sexism was (and is) a crazy waste of human potential. Racism, sectarianism and other pointless forms of prejudice and bigotry are similar - they're a waste of human potential for no good reason at all.

Advertisement