Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

rachb wrote: »
    Seriously?? Nothing racist about asking this!
    To answer your question OP- No!
    No town in any country should become a minority in their race!

A lot of people been reading Mein Kampf lately by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Golfproam

Nowhere near as how many are reading 'Mein Koran'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The left has evolved and changed over centuries, different strands become dominant, others faded.

That is happening again, in its new form it is developing away from the version we know, strongly Marxist, that has for the last 40 years become an intellectual cul de sac, a closed bubble for Middle-Class activists and academics to theorise.

Is it any wonder that the old parties of the Left have become toxic in many Working Class communities. It no longer relates to them, relevant to them or indeed focused on achieving results, the loftier the aim, the more unattainable the better.

The new Left, the left of the next hundred years, is going to grow out of movements like Le Pen's, the Swedish Democrats, Orban etc etc.

Of the people, for the people, by the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Samaris wrote: »
    Aighto, so we're banning Eastern Europeans now. That will be a major problem in Britain when it comes to their food industry, so if you don't know the dangers involved...etcetera.

It would also be nice to listen to the pragmatic pro-immigration people as well. We do actually have decent points as well as the pragmatic anti-immigration people. It would appear to be more useful to get away from the sort of rubbish typified by the title of this thread and talk about things that we can agree on and work out the more contentious parts of rather than swinging wildly to one extreme or the other.

You do know how this is working? It's not Eastern Europeans, first of all. Douglas Murray outlined that very clearly in the Death of Europe book. You have boats and groups of men, economic migrants. 70% men turning up with NGOs on the ground and George Soros funded groups coaching them how to fib through the authorities.

Yeah, I'm grey, but I'm actually 15 years old.

Yeah, I can't speak polish, but I'm actually Eastern Europe.

Yeah, I'm Nigerian but I'm actually coming from war torn Syria.

They are not Eastern Europeans.

I also find with people who call themselves pragmatic pro immigration people are the kind of people who would prefer 500000 as opposed to 1000000 people coming into Germany. They call themselves centrists, even though they're pure left.

See Leo Varadker.

Rabbo wrote: »
    It has happened in the North where the indigenous Irish people have become a minority and it hasn't turned out too well there

We have the clearest example in this country on the effects of mass migration, you don't have to look at the hell holes developing across Europe for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Samaris wrote: »
    Yes, there are economic migrants, no, I do not know the proportions - and nor do you judging by the "IMHO the majority aren't". Yes, there are genuine cases too and we can see evidence for the likelihood of genuine cases being on the rise in this current migration crisis by turning on the news. Conflating them as a reason to ban immigration and kick out the immigrants is just plain foolish, because trying to control one issue by what may be useful with another issue is unlikely to work.
    OK question for you then. What is the percentage of men between 18-35 of the current migration population?

To save your google finger, the majority of so called refugees from all directions are young men, from some origin countries it's almost exclusively young men. Even this happily cultural suicide advocate notes this, but of course her eye swivellingly daft "solution" is to import more women. Then again one can see her Right On credentials in her musing about "a more gender-balanced migrant wave". You could not makes this shite up. Here's another breakdown of the figures that agrees with Ms Tie Dye, knit your own muesli above, from a source that would hardly be on the same spectrum as her. You can trawl through the EU official figures if you like too.

So majority male immigrants. We constantly read how women and kids are affected much more by living in war zones, so where are they? Why are these men leaving their families behind in the majority of cases? Look at any mass migration of people fleeing war and famine in the 20th century. Look at the photos of the time. They're always a mix of old and young, men and women. If anything they're more biased towards the old, young and women. Indeed historically and going way back it's women who migrate more and this is even reflected in our genes. Let's apply your Godwin of the percentage of men of that age if the world had taken all the Jews from Nazi occupied Europe. What would the gender and age breakdowns be then? Compare and contrast.
    osarusan wrote:
    Do I get to choose the white Irish to be vanished?

Then yes, I'm ok with it.
    More of this nonsense. Now imagine if you will if someone were to post "Do I get to choose the black Irish to be vanished Then yes, I'm ok with it". Toys outa the pram, clutching at breasts and bans aplenty. For someone, anyone to wish for the extinction of their population/race/ethnicity is beyond retarded. It does not bode well for the future if this kinda thinking grows beyond the minority.

Actually another if not bigger fear is the increasing extremes between such a statement and those who would oppose it(which the majority would to one degree or other). Europeans have been fighting with each other for millennia and became damned good at it, if not the best at it and then took that to the rest of the world. Europeans can be about the most dangerous population on the planet. It wouldn't take much for a return to that. Even the Tumblr of Europe the Swedes are rapidly turning against immigration and immigrants.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Wibbs wrote: »
    More of this nonsense. Now imagine if you will if someone were to post "Do I get to choose the black Irish to be vanished Then yes, I'm ok with it". Toys outa the pram, clutching at breasts and bans aplenty. For someone, anyone to wish for the extinction of their population/race/ethnicity is beyond retarded. It does not bode well for the future if this kinda thinking grows beyond the minority.
    Did it not occur to you that I was being less than 100% serious?

Rather, making a joke about a few of our native scumbags I'd happily see disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

osarusan wrote: »
    Did it not occur to you that I was being less than 100% serious?

Would you have taken it so lightly if I said "Do I get to choose the Africans to be vanished?"

I highly doubt it, you'd have had your knives out in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Henry Ford gets honorable mention in Mein Kampf

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Cystic fibrosis, phenyketanuria, hemochromatosis (iron-loading, pretty much, and once called the "Celtic disease") and something called transferase-deficient galactosemia (no idea). https://www.jstor.org/stable/20764508?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents[/QUOTE]

Thought you might mention a couple of those conditions (hurrah Wikipedia) and I suppose it's more impressive sounding than.. 'look at all the ethnic restaurants 'chestnut of old. However it doesn't really make me want to sign up. With the present levels of racial integration and the possibilityi of of introducing new or unusual pathogens into the host society the overall boost to our nations health is a more than tenuousanyway.Maybe we could all try and be nicer to eaoother(yes let's try that out) and the likes of me could ditch our 'entitlement' to our nationality and sense of identity. I'm glad you find us 'amusing'. Me what I find amusing is YOUR sense of entitlement to award yourself the moral/intellectual high ground.. and the glib reference to the 'resources we take for granted' are nothing of the sort. What an arrogant assertion... what about the struggles of previous generations. Mean anything to you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I love how the left, in a bid to make the world more tolerant are the most intolerant of all. God forbid you dare have an opinion, you're compared to ****ing Hitler.

I used to troll American forums as a teenager way before I understood republican/democrate and you'd be lead to believe republicans were diseased of the mind. Before I even understood completely what was what, I knew the liberals were far from liberal.

Another thing that astounds me is the hate and self loathing people seem to display towards themselves and their culture and history. In America it's ok and encouraged to be proud of your history. Huge celebrations on the 4th of July, a day more important than Christmas for thanksgiving, children learning the pledge of allegiance in school from when they are tiny, the Stars and Stripes being displayed outside most homes.

Speak to the normal down to earth English man and he'll be proud of his country too, no shame in the Union Jack and hates what the IRA stood for, understandably. I've been in pubs and at parties in the UK where guys having banter have brought up my accent/the ira. It's banter. Yes maybe it could be a bit offensive but whatever, i knew they weren't deliberately trying to offend me.

But Ireland? Nah. West Brit apologists is how we come across. Don't get me wrong, the Ira in later years are and were an absolute disgrace but I feel in our past ordinary men and women pulled together to overcome power from the most powerful country in the world. They were persecuted, murdered, made homeless and stripped of their livelihoods, they were starved and treated so inhumanely. But you dare not bring that up because it's too far in the past to justify anything - except it's not. The British at the time reaped what they sowed and weren't too innocent in terrorism themselves - but that's not something that's accepted now. You should feel ashamed and sorry for the actions of those people, you should be quick to disassociate yourself from the belief you hold any understanding of the reasons why ordinary Irish people turned to guerrilla warfare.

You can't open your mouth about Islam or the actions of Isis without being accused of being islamaphobic racist and intolerant, however the same people will be the first to demand to know why you identified as Catholic on your census form and are demanding the Catholic Church have no place in society such as public schools and public hospitals. But build all the mosques you like because you have to be tolerant.

People wearing their county colours abroad or waving a tricolour at a concert are complete embarrassments and forget about hanging the tricolour outside your house you Ira supporting bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Not bothered, it's not going to change anything Apart from statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Not bothered, it's not going to change anything Apart from statistics.

Yeah, until it ends up somewhere like Malmo where white Swedish children are attacked in their schools for being the minority.

Make no mistake, this isn't a harmless endeavour on the part of the Left, we're staring into the face of our own demise and some idiots are cheering for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Irish travellers have that **** already. Maybe it will take the heat off them.

I love how the left, in a bid to make the world more tolerant are the most intolerant of all. God forbid you dare have an opinion, you're compared to ****ing Hitler.

I used to troll American forums as a teenager way before I understood republican/democrate and you'd be lead to believe republicans were diseased of the mind. Before I even understood completely what was what, I knew the liberals were far from liberal.

Another thing that astounds me is the hate and self loathing people seem to display towards themselves and their culture and history. In America it's ok and encouraged to be proud of your history. Huge celebrations on the 4th of July, a day more important than Christmas for thanksgiving, children learning the pledge of allegiance in school from when they are tiny, the Stars and Stripes being displayed outside most homes.

Speak to the normal down to earth English man and he'll be proud of his country too, no shame in the Union Jack and hates what the IRA stood for, understandably. I've been in pubs and at parties in the UK where guys having banter have brought up my accent/the ira. It's banter. Yes maybe it could be a bit offensive but whatever, i knew they weren't deliberately trying to offend me.

But Ireland? Nah. West Brit apologists is how we come across. Don't get me wrong, the Ira in later years are and were an absolute disgrace but I feel in our past ordinary men and women pulled together to overcome power from the most powerful country in the world. They were persecuted, murdered, made homeless and stripped of their livelihoods, they were starved and treated so inhumanely. But you dare not bring that up because it's too far in the past to justify anything - except it's not. The British at the time reaped what they sowed and weren't too innocent in terrorism themselves - but that's not something that's accepted now. You should feel ashamed and sorry for the actions of those people, you should be quick to disassociate yourself from the belief you hold any understanding of the reasons why ordinary Irish people turned to guerrilla warfare.

You can't open your mouth about Islam or the actions of Isis without being accused of being islamaphobic racist and intolerant, however the same people will be the first to demand to know why you identified as Catholic on your census form and are demanding the Catholic Church have no place in society such as public schools and public hospitals. But build all the mosques you like because you have to be tolerant.

People wearing their county colours abroad or waving a tricolour at a concert are complete embarrassments and forget about hanging the tricolour outside your house you Ira supporting bastard.

The days of the left as a movement capable of influencing change or determining it are over.

It is very reminiscent of the fall of the Catholic Church here, people are just not listening anymore nor feel that they have any relevance.

We shouldn't let the good they did be interred with their bones but they really ****e7 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,961 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The results of this poll are such BS. If the gun was put to the head of the 'no' respondants tomorrow, and they were told 'we are making your street/neighbourhood/village/city a white irish minority area, they would change their stripes pretty quick.

Its easy to answer a poll in such terms enjoying a Saturday of our cosy western lifestyle, when you know there is no realistic prospect of the premise coming to pass.

AnGaelach wrote: »
    Yeah, until it ends up somewhere like Malmo where white Swedish children are attacked in their schools for being the minority.

Make no mistake, this isn't a harmless endeavour on the part of the Left, we're staring into the face of our own demise and some idiots are cheering for it.

Easy for the left to ignore it when their kids go to Private Schools or nicest ones in the area.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Rabbo wrote: »
    It has happened in the North where the indigenous Irish people have become a minority and it hasn't turned out too well there
    Oddly enough Unionists make up about the same % of this island's population as those who were born abroad.

Interesting times ahead.

Or not so interesting given we've PR voting and our constitution so it's rights protected and consensus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Henry Ford gets honorable mention in Mein Kampf

So do a lot of shameful western Nazi/Fascist collaborators.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It happened in Ireland as a whole too, where the native Irish were taken over by the Celts. Hard to assess whether this was a good or bad thing though.
    Just ask the Fir Bolg.

• Advertisement

So do a lot of shameful western Nazi/Fascist collaborators.

As is Lenin, the Russian Angel of Death, a man who helped over throw a tyranny but started an even more brutal one.

Mein Kampf and the collected works of Lenin belong in the bin, too alike in all the wrong ways.

Paraguay?
    Cork woman Eliza Lynch "was depicted by Brazil as a warmongering manipulator after South America's bloodiest war"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Danzy wrote: »
    The days of the left as a movement capable of influencing change or determining it are over.

Do you believe that? I think the left is in it's prime at the moment and woe betide anyone who dares to question them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Board.surf wrote: »
    And the US is 250 years old. Is there a set cut off? My point is, that these racist threads pick and choose. What the heck is Irish? A young lad whose dad is from or Nigeria playing for the local GAA team or a 25th gernation Irish young lad who leaves the country at 21 and hates Ballyhaunis and Ireland.

Most of what nationalism is about is cultural in nature (i.e. religion, language, past-times etc). Family history does have its part to play as well, it would be ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Is someone in America more American if they had relatives who fought in the American civil war? I'd say so. But by far the most important factor is what people identify themselves as.

There is no cut and dried answer about what makes someone part of a particular nation. Ireland at one stage considered anyone not a practicing Catholic to be alien (and the position of the Irish language has its roots firmly in nationalism), but it is far too complicated a thing to boil down to a check-list (white, catholic, speaks gaeilge, plays GAA, therefore Irish). We do have a legal definition, but it is predominantly based upon simply being in the country long enough (or marriage).

None of that is particularly useful in terms of deciding what policies one should adopt. Jingoistic insular nationalism is not a good thing. DeValera is dead and buried, and we're the better for it.

However, what is clear, is that having distinct communities that identify themselves as a nationality other than the one that they find themselves in is a particularly bad idea. Individuals can be integrated where groups cannot. Moreover, communities are self-perpetuating, where you can have multiple generations with a culture distinct from the host country.

As such, it doesn't really matter where people come from, or how different they are, but it is first and foremost a question of volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Danzy wrote: »
    Berserker wrote: »
    Do you believe that? I think the left is in it's prime at the moment and woe betide anyone who dares to question them.

The above exchange is a nigh-perfect illustration of Eco's 8th point in his practical list for identifying fascists:

1. The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”
    2. The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense, Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”
    3. The cult of action for action’s sale. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”
    4. Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture, the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”
    5. Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”
    6. Appeal to social frustration. “[…] one of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.
    7. The obsession with a plot. “The followers must feel besieged. The easiest way to solve the plot is the appeal to xenophobia.”
    8. The enemy is both weak and strong. “[…] the followers must be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”
    9. Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”
    10. Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”
    11. Everybody is educated to become a hero. “in Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”
    12. Machismo and Weaponry. “This is the origin of machismo (which implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality). Since even sex is a difficult game to play, the Ur-Fascist hero tends to play with weapons—doing so becomes an ersatz phallic exercise.”
    13. Selective Populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.
    14. Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”

http://www.faena.com/aleph/articles/umberto-eco-a-practical-list-for-identifying-fascists/

If you read the rest of the list you'll see many of his other observations are very much present in this thread.

Berserker wrote: »

Certainly.

The left has become so controlling precisely because it is losing grip, it is like the Church here, reduced to bullying the people in the pulpit who are daring to question dogma.

Like the Church, it is in long term decline because it has become too dogmatic and righteous, too middle class, too aloof and shockingly arrogant. If the 80s was defined by the arrogant stockbroker Republican, this era will be defined by the righteous Middle-Class activist screaming at those beneath them.

They aren't willing to change and that is why they are dying. Look at France and elsewhere. The French Socialist Party hardly exist and the left vote is splintering.

B0jangles wrote: »
    The above exchange is a nigh-perfect illustration of Eco's 8th point in his practical list for identifying fascists:

http://www.faena.com/aleph/articles/umberto-eco-a-practical-list-for-identifying-fascists/

If you read the rest of the list you'll see many of his other observations are very much present in this thread.

How utterly bizarre.

The left is finished because they are polling very low in places like France, the Netherlands, they can't mount a credible campaign to near permanent Chancellor Merkel.

Winning elections is important and pointing out that the left has never been in a worse place electorally post WW2 than it is now is not portraying the enemy as weak yet powerful.

Like many people who are hardest on the left today it is because I am on the left myself and see it sinking further in to its own posterior. I'm an active member of Sinn Féin, if you wonder where my politics are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

B0jangles wrote: »

A list which could easily be applied to a large percentage of non Western societies and cultures. Islamism is a very close fit. And as for newspeak, the modern "left" is chock full of it, with a hefty side plate of word censorship with it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Bojangles.. Id say if you teased some of those observations out you could apply them equally to sections and individuals of the left as to those on the right.I often feel that in many cases when push comes shove they reveal themselves to be two sides of the same coin...ideologically (and egotistically) tied into a form of thought slavery...and capable of any form of madness.. Like cults/religions they have hierarchies to interpret the 'holy' text for them...see Mein Kampf,the Communist Manifesto.Maos Little Red Book,the Bible /Koran...etc.Jeez I just looked at David Icke on Youtube and this guys inane drivel has a large and devoted following(Reptilain people,the moon is a hologram...that sort of ****).The left is less certain than ever as to where it should position itself.That being said I enjoyed seeing Corbyn give May a black eye recently..and will watch closely to see where those voters go over the next few years

Advertisement