Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my PS4 dead?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

faceman wrote: »
    Write to the decision makers. Store management or head office. Or both with the same letter.

Okay grand, will do.

Although if the burden is on the customer to prove it's a fault, and they have already offered to replace if I can prove it, I'm not sure what I stand to gain by writing to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The only proof that should be required is you bringing it to argos and then plugging it in and see that it doesn't work. It's a games console that's manufactured with the idea that it will be used regularly yet hasn't even lasted two years of sporadic use,therefore it's not fit for purpose. After 18 months of little to no use you argue that it should have lasted much longer than that given the purchase price. I went through this year's ago with the original ps3, died after 4 years and I got 400 quid back from small claims court after I argued it wasn't fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just to update on this.

I dropped the PS4 into a repair shop, got the letter and brought it back to Argos. I paid the difference and was able to get a PS4 Pro, so happy enough.

Thanks for yer help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Notorious wrote: »
    Having worked in retail for quite a long time (electronic goods for a period), I'm going to assure you that it is not wrong.
    It tends to be most wrong amongst those who work in retail. Hence the small claims procedure.

;)

Advertisement