Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatmate waking me up, am I being petty?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Varies I'm sure, but I know it's usually 11pm for bed at least as otherwise he wakes too early so I'd imagine it's after 9am anyway for waking as that's the time my colleague generally gets up to be in for around 10am or so.

They are putting their child to bed at a later hour to suit their lifestyle and so they don't have to get up early. That's selfish. When you become a parent you place the child's needs above your own and their routine is vital. Lets hope your "friend" doesn't further produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Well the child can sleep as late as he wants and as far as I know slew quite a but during the day. Also has nap in the evening I think.

The timing of your sleep gas a huge impact on its effectiveness.

That's why night workers never quite adjust to sleeping during the day and working at night. It's dreadfully bad for the body.

But it suits the parents so who cares eh? :)

The timing of your sleep gas a huge impact on its effectiveness.

That's why night workers never quite adjust to sleeping during the day and working at night. It's dreadfully bad for the body.

But it suits the parents so who cares eh? :)

But that's nonsense, coming from a family of night people I have a number of close family members who will only work nights as they sleep far better during the day and prefer being up at night.

I have have similar natural sleep cycle, sleep much better going to bed in the early hours and sleeping in the morning than going to bed early and up early. Anything before 8am is torture for me.
    anna080 wrote: »
    They are putting their child to bed at a later hour to suit their lifestyle and so they don't have to get up early. That's selfish. When you become a parent you place the child's needs above your own and their routine is vital. Lets hope your "friend" doesn't further produce.

And what's wrong with a routine of going to bed later and up later, nothing except people's irrational love of getting up early it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

But that's nonsense, coming from a family of night people I have a number of close family members who will only work nights as they sleep far better during the day and prefer being up at night.

I have have similar natural sleep cycle, sleep much better going to bed in the early hours and sleeping in the morning than going to bed early and up early. Anything before 8am is torture for me.

And what's wrong with a routine of going to bed later and up later, nothing except people's irrational love of getting up early it appears.

As a grown adult you can do what you like. They can put the baby to bed at 7pm and go to bed whenever they like themselves, but this would disrupt their lie in you see.
    Babies need stability and routine. Also it's just a bit of a scummy thing to do in general. But hey if it hasn't hit home with you by now another effort to explain it would be an exercise in futility.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Please take the parenting discussion to PM or the appropriate forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »

I don't live in Dublin thankfully so whatever madness goes on up there doesn't impact me. From my previous and current experience in other Irish cities and large towns traffic peaks between about 8:45 and 9. After 9 all the 9am starters are at work and traffic eases massively. Traffic would be far worse for me at 8:30 than 9am. Same in the evening the worst traffic tends to be between 4:30 and 5:30pm and after 6 it starts to ease. That being said I never find evening traffic that bad bar the odd crazy day. People all finish at different times so the roads don't get clogged the same as the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

What makes you think very few, I would say there are a large amount of working people don't get up until 8 or after.

I've lived in a few houseshare a with many people working in many different areas and the majority would get up around 8 or after. There are 400 people working where I do and the vast majority get into work anytime between 9 and 10 so you can be sure most aren't getting up until at least 8.

Poll says otherwise

Advertisement