Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF Stage 14:Blagnac - Rodez, 181.5km (TV from 12ish)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dan has defo made some nice time there, Aru is 20 odd secs behind I'd say, not sure about the rest, Uran made the split as well. They were the only 3 GC guys to make the front split @1s to Matthews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Dan is doing amazing after his crash. Is the resurrection of the Tour short-lived with Sky back controlling/negating everything again? Please no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Dan and Froome putting 20 seconds into Aru.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

spock. wrote: »
    Dan and Froome putting 20 seconds into Aru.

25s in the end, hopefully time on Bardet and co too! Froome now in yellow by 19secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Martin is some tough man..such a shame about that crash. Was reading his article today where he was hoping to get through until the start of the week and then attack again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Such a pity about the 1"15 Dan lost due to the crash.
    He'd be 2nd if he could get that time back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Amateur riding form Aru.
    Should have been like glue to Froome bots wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

koutoubia wrote: »
    Amateur riding form Aru.
    Should have been like glue to Froome bots wheel.

Maybe Aru couldn't...very hard stage and he hasn't great team mates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Is Froome barring an accident virtually unbeatable what with the time trial to come? Is there any stage where Martin can really attack on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Is Froome barring an accident virtually unbeatable what with the time trial to come? Is there any stage where Martin can really attack on?

Maybe Stage 18 to Izoard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

Wtf Aru!? After all the high mountain peaks successfully transversed, he then goes and loses 20+ on a mere kicker. Shocking stuff. Sky DS can barely contain he's mirth.

Great result for Dan, another superb show and him with a gammy back too. He's some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is there 2 time trials on this tour or just the individual one?

Bardet has looked very comfortable on the tough climbs. I wonder will he launch at some stage? Iran is also there. Hasn't really shown his hand yet.

Dan attacks too much for me. Should hold Froome's wheel and make his one attack hurt. Maybe he isn't at that level though to really hurt the others on a climb.

One TT left. Uran is the man to beat Froome, a good time trialer over a rolling course, which the Marseille TT somewhat is. Lost no time again today, which says a lot too.

Somedude9 wrote: »
    One TT left. Uran is the man to beat Froome, a good time trialer over a rolling course, which the Marseille TT somewhat is. Lost no time again today, which says a lot too.

Uran seems to have come from nowhere.

Nah he's always been around, just not quite at these heights before.

Nah he's always been around, just not quite at this these heights before.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Columbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Columbia.

Or Colombia. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Now I know he was a heavy favourite, but I've done one stage preview and called the winner. I'll do the rest and predict Dan and 1 for Nico.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Not quite. He's been dogged with illness, crashes and injuries over the last few years. He's always had calibre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crippens1

Weepsie wrote: »
    Now I know he was a heavy favourite, but I've done one stage preview and called the winner. I'll do the rest and predict Dan and 1 for Nico.

Good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Weepsie wrote: »

Do tomorrow then for Nico ...its going to be a breakaway and a stage that could suit him

Stage 18 for Dan and by 2 minutes .... there you go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Is Nico still in this tour .:D....have not heard a mention of him all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭PeadarCo

Uran has come 2nd twice in the giro. He hasn't performed as well in the other grand tours. But you'd expect him when on form to be at least challenging for top 10 when leading a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭highbury1913

I'm just hoping Uran time trials like he did in the 2014 Giro and Vuelta.

He's Froome's biggest threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

They really have the pr interviews controlled for the teams. Same guy seems to be standing behind every sky rider being interviewded and you can see him telling which journos next. Bmc have the same girl beside their DS at every interview after portes crash

Advertisement