Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple refurb store Ireland

Options
  • 15-07-2017 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

https://www.istoreireland.com/

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice with regards to the above store. It seems to offer good quality and completely refurbished iphones at reasonable iphone prices. Certainly, it seems much cheaper than buying an Iphone brand new from a phone shop.

Does anyone have any experience buying an iphone from this store?

Would there be a significant difference in terms of performance? iphones generally maintain their speed over time, would the refurbished phones be any different?

Thanks very much for any help anyone can offer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

No problem with any products from the store. Have bought there several times over the years, however, they don't honour the EU 6 year on electronics thing on refurbs as I found out recently. They do honour the standard 1-year warranty.

Actually, just saw the link. That's not Apple's refurb store. Not saying there's anything wrong with it because I don't know, but the official apple refurb store is here https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/browse/home/specialdeals They don't do phones on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

OU812 wrote: »
    No problem with any products from the store. Have bought there several times over the years, however, they don't honour the EU 6 year on electronics thing on refurbs as I found out recently. They do honour the standard 1-year warranty.

There is no EU 6 year warranty on any product. There's a 2 year warranty which we never implement as our consumer protection is better, you have up to the statute of limations which is 6 years. You should have used the sales of goods and supply of services act for your issue.

Edit... They have the change of mind incorrect, it's 14 days by EU law and I can't find any contact details. While you might have had no issues their website screams of not being legitimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Actually, just saw the link. That's not Apple's refurb store. Not saying there's anything wrong with it because I don't know, but the official apple refurb store is here https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/browse/home/specialdeals They don't do phones on it.

Where did you buy second iphones from, if you don't mind me asking? Cheers for the reply, the site I linked seems legit and decent quality but I have no experience buying second hand iphones from the site.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Where did you buy second iphones from, if you don't mind me asking? Cheers for the reply, the site I linked seems legit and decent quality but I have no experience buying second hand iphones from the site.

Adverts.ie from trusted sellers with genuine feedback over time. Check through their previous sale items etc.

I sell my Apple stuff on there every 2 years when upgrading.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    There is no EU 6 year warranty on any product. There's a 2 year warranty which we never implement as our consumer protection is better, you have up to the statute of limations which is 6 years. You should have used the sales of goods and supply of services act for your issue.

Your information is incorrect.

For clarification, I've never bought a phone from them, either from trusted sellers on adverts.ie, or bought new. I have bought laptops & desktops from the official refurb site as well as other accessories.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Your information is incorrect.

That link shows that Del2005's information is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Great site, got a phone from them no issues so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭bergipau

200motels wrote: »

Digging up an old thread. I found this when looking for a refurbed phone.
    Quick mobile had great prices. I ordered an iPhone, case and glass screen protector. The order took ages to arrive, the phone arrived this week, it is stuck on silent and doesn’t ring, the case is badly scratched and the glass protector is the wrong size. I can’t believe an order could go so badly wrong.
    I’m trying to come to a solution with them now. Hope to get money back and I’ll go elsewhere

bergipau wrote: »
    Digging up an old thread. I found this when looking for a refurbed phone.
    Quick mobile had great prices. I ordered an iPhone, case and glass screen protector. The order took ages to arrive, the phone arrived this week, it is stuck on silent and doesn’t ring, the case is badly scratched and the glass protector is the wrong size. I can’t believe an order could go so badly wrong.
    I’m trying to come to a solution with them now. Hope to get money back and I’ll go elsewhere
    I've never had a issue with them.

Lucky you.
    I have to say I am not impressed with their service so far. They did offer a full refund and did respond to all queries quickly also offered to pay for return shipping so it’s not all bad.
    I fixed the iPhone ringer , there was a buildup of dirt on the mute switch, I don’t know how this passed QC. They are also replacing the other parts I ordered.
    The good news is it will all be sorted. But I think this shouldn’t have happened initially.

Lucky you.
    I have to say I am not impressed with their service so far. They did offer a full refund and did respond to all queries quickly also offered to pay for return shipping so it’s not all bad.
    I fixed the iPhone ringer , there was a buildup of dirt on the mute switch, I don’t know how this passed QC. They are also replacing the other parts I ordered.
    The good news is it will all be sorted. But I think this shouldn’t have happened initially.

Avoid this company like the plague. the phone I got is ok. But My order had a damaged case and wrong screen protector. So far they have promised to ship the replacements 4 times and still no sign of them.
    I’m glad it is only a case and screen protector that is wrong. I’d hate to be trying to resolve an issue with a broken phone.

Lucky you.

Avoid this company like the plague. the phone I got is ok. But My order had a damaged case and wrong screen protector. So far they have promised to ship the replacements 4 times and still no sign of them.
    I’m glad it is only a case and screen protector that is wrong. I’d hate to be trying to resolve an issue with a broken phone.

Advertisement