Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.6% Mortgages with Ulster Bank

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Dublingirl80

Hi just wondering what this 300k cut off is? I was inquiring about switching to ulsterbank and this has not been mentioned?

[Hi kquote="cojomo2;104124703"]40 k under, not really looking to borrow any more than I have to...want to pay it off as soon as possible!

I have just used the cooling off period so should be back on a variable tomorrow.

I suppose what I'm really hoping for is that KBC will take notice of this and drop their rates further at which point I may fix in. I will change provider if I have to though..[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Dublingirl80

Also wondering about switching for cashback, how long are you tied in or are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just to update this

KBC now offer a 5 year 2.6% fixed rate. That's at LTV <60%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Just to update this

KBC now offer a 5 year 2.6% fixed rate. That's at LTV <60%

Where did you see this offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Where did you see this offer?

All on their website. Part of the reductions published by them in mid July.

https://www.kbc.ie/news-and-press/latest-news-and-press-releases/kbc-bank-lowers-mortgage-rates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Earleybird wrote: »
    All on their website. Part of the reductions published by them in mid July.

https://www.kbc.ie/news-and-press/latest-news-and-press-releases/kbc-bank-lowers-mortgage-rates

Thanks pity you need the current account for th additional reduction of 0.2%, saying that 5 year fixed term @2.8% (2.85% LTV 60-80%) with €3k cashback is very decent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Thanks pity you need the current account for th additional reduction of 0.2%, saying that 5 year fixed term @2.8% (2.85% LTV 60-80%) with €3k cashback is very decent!

The current account is a very easy .2% win, not sure why you wouldn't go for it. Transfer salary in and have direct debit coming out, then transfer the remainder to whatever account you like. 3 transactions a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Current account is free(once 2500 transferred in)
    You get a savings account with higher interest rate than any of the other banks
    Reduced mortgage rate
    Credit card rate is lower than other as well
    Loans are decent value as well with reduced rate from current account

It is a no brainer to use KBC current account

Advertisement