Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud DNS Bypass

Options
  • 15-07-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Would anyone know anything about iCloud DNS Bypass created by Ighor July?
    The only way I can log into my wifi at home on my iPhone is if I go through iCloud DNS Bypass created by an Ighor July, and I can't stay logged in, it keeps logging off after a few minutes.
    I brought my phone into a few phone shops but they never seen this problem before.
    Can anyone help me please?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Your phone is activation locked. The DNS bypass you referred to is a temporary workaround. The only solution is to input the original owner's Apple ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sugna

Thanks Sad Professor but I bought this phone new. Could one on my young kids have done something to it, as they are always playing games on it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Where did you buy it? Did you set up and/or log in with your own Apple ID/iCloud account after you bought it? And what led you to using this DNS bypass? What happens if you don't use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sugna

I bought it in a vodafone shop. Don't know how I got into this DNS bypass, I don't even know what bypass is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

sugna wrote: »
    I bought it in a vodafone shop. Don't know how I got into this DNS bypass, I don't even know what bypass is.

Surely if you bought the phone off vodafone, the activation lock is associated with your icloud account that you used to set up the phone. Try your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

To activate and set up a new phone you need to have had an icloud account, use the one you used after you opened the phone. Only you can fix this.

Advertisement