Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History teaching

Options
  • 15-07-2017 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi there I have a BA in history and an MA in Military History. Is there any way I can teach history in secondary schools either at home or abroad (more than likely abroad) or even lecturing, with the MA in history alone? If not what is the quickest most affordable and legitimate way that I can become a history teacher/lecturer? (any tefl courses and certs you could recommend either?)
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

There are very little post primary teacher history jobs available, even less with one subject. You would need to add a subject ( irish, French, maths are in demand) and do a two year PME which is very experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Decemberist0

There are very little post primary teacher history jobs available, even less with one subject. You would need to add a subject ( irish, French, maths are in demand) and do a two year PME which is very experience.

Is there any alternative for teaching outside Ireland?

A PGCE in the U.K. There's work over there. Tough over there but it's still teaching. I don't know about tefl sector but the main certifications in that are CELT and CELTA.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Two options are a one month CELTA course and go teach english abroad or else they one year teacher training course in the UK, where you can teach with one subject. In Ireland you'd need a second subject and a 2 year PME.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Decemberist0

How much is the one year training course and is that the PGCE? Can you recommend a good CELTA course? Thanks

• Advertisement

Google PGCE fees U.K. Same with celta.

Advertisement