Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen table

Options
  • 15-07-2017 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

We have a pine kitchen table over 20yrs in the house. Surface is a bit worn for wear and is sticky most of the time

Would like to give it a very light sanding with 240 paper and treat it

Any suggestions of what best product would be?

Looked at Rustins Danish oil but seems to be clear. Table has darkened over the years and fear a clear oil would look odd on the top with rest of table

I know I won't get an exact match but if there was a product I could use that had various shades I'm sure I would get closer to the current shade

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Sounds like you just want to clean up the surface of the table ? I'd use 'Rustins Surface Cleaner' followed by their 'Finish Reviver' if necessary. If you start to sand the table top you will remove the 20 year patina and have to start again to try and match the legs - a much bigger job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Great thanks for advice, I'll try the cleaner first and see how it comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Great thanks for advice, I'll try the cleaner first and see how it comes out

Get some 0000 steel wool as well.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

First pass on he table this evening with the Rusting

Looks good already

Advertisement