Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muileann (Kinsealy)- New Development

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Little123

Thanks for the update BDUB , good to know what to look out for and glad nothing major came up.

Good news about the contracts too , hopefully things will start to move along now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FIA5T

Hi All,

I was up at the sight yesterday and Phase 1 is looking well. Our solicitor told us that we would be notified to do the snag list 2 weeks before completion of the property. So I am just wondering if those who have done the snag list have any idea of a move in date?

Does anyone know if there are communal bin areas and if so where they will be located?

Hi,

We are looking to snag next week but still no completion date indicated.

Would be interested to know if anyone has been given a completion date and how far ahead this date is from snagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

BDUB13 wrote: »
    Hi
    the snag was completed yesterday cost 175 euro I have attached the details below of the snagger I used

<snip>

Nothing major came up here below is an example of one of the rooms to give you an idea of what he spotted

Also Stephanie told me to expect contracts to be returned this week from ardstone

Kitchen
    • Door is rattling
    • Fridge freezer switch and socket in splash back-seal with grout and tidy up any existing messy finishes around same.
    • Socket in splash back is off level
    • Check kitchen doors for level and flush fitting
    • Touch up wall paint work where blemished
    • Settlement crack in floor at patio door
    • Rhs patio door glass is scratched
    • Patio door /reveal joint is uneven
    • Seal gap between splash back and wall cupboard
    • Window frame /reveal joint is uneven
    • Under sink doors don’t line up
    • Top drawer front is chipped
    • Door front to rhs of oven is chipped
    • Under oven filler panel is chipped
    • Cut out stop cock access in under sink panel
    • Hole in ceiling at down lighter and at carbon alarm
    • Room is dirty

Did he inspect the attic also?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been given a completion date and also if anyone has checked out Rubbish collection providers as yet , not sure which operators currently serve Drynam Hall / Russels Terrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

My solicitor received yesterday a completion notice from the builder. We bought one of the first 20-30 properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bargy wargy

Considering buying in the next phase at muileann; for anyone who has already bought there- what kind of time frame would we be potentially looking at between initial booking deposit and handover of keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

Considering buying in the next phase at muileann; for anyone who has already bought there- what kind of time frame would we be potentially looking at between initial booking deposit and handover of keys?

seems to average 6-9 months. We paid holding deposit in September and now the anticpated completion date is May/June.

Thanks for the info; did you find much delays/issues with the contract signing period? Trying to tee up as much as possible before the 3rd phase launch

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

Thanks for the info; did you find much delays/issues with the contract signing period? Trying to tee up as much as possible before the 3rd phase launch

yeah that part was a lot slower than expected. Didnt sign until late December. Others seemed to be mainly in November. Theres a lot of info on the facebook muileann residents group page!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that; the EA was under the impression it was a max of 3 weeks to exchange- I thought it a bit optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seb102

Does anyone know if there are plans to improve the access road to the development? In the promotional pictures you can see a footpath and bike lane next to the entrance on Kettles Ln (I'm guessing the bike lane would join the one on the R125 towards Swords).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Do you mean the cycle lane on the left of this pic?

houses.jpg

I don't think that will be built. There was a request for additional information from the planning office on the original application in 2010 which asked for further detail on this. The builder at the time replied with documentation to outline the current bike lane that runs from the back of Russel Terrace/Drynam Avenue and goes up along side the motorway onramp to the R125. I think as a result of this the cycle lane will end on the Feltrim road side of the entrance and not continue beyond in any real capacity. I think the intention is that people come off the bike lane at the entrance and then just cycle through the estate up as far as the onramp and continue onto the bike lane from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FionaGibson

Hi Everybody,

We are considering these house's and wondering do you guys know about visitor parking
    Where do they park if you have visitors this is one of our concerns.

Also i have heard that it is a 100year term leasehold land can anyone confirm if their solicitor looked into this for them?

Also maintence fees for the 4 bed end of terrace anyone know how much this is is coming in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 heritz

Hi Everybody,

We are considering these house's and wondering do you guys know about visitor parking
    Where do they park if you have visitors this is one of our concerns.

Also i have heard that it is a 100year term leasehold land can anyone confirm if their solicitor looked into this for them?

Also maintence fees for the 4 bed end of terrace anyone know how much this is is coming in at?

There is no visitor parking planned at the moment as far as I can see in the plans, but yes, you will find this is an issue with most of the new builds.

As for the lease hold, no, this is false. There is no lease hold on the land. The contracts clearly state its a freehold on all the land allocated to your house. So there is nothing to worry about in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Have they confirmed any prices for phase 3 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

I was up at Muileann today for the Phase 3 launch and I'm just wondering if anyone can remember what the prices were in previous phases? At present the 3 beds are starting at 330 and the 4 beds at 385 but I'm curious how much the prices have increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

hanaimai wrote:
    I was up at Muileann today for the Phase 3 launch and I'm just wondering if anyone can remember what the prices were in previous phases? At present the 3 beds are starting at 330 and the 4 beds at 385 but I'm curious how much the prices have increased.

Was there a big queue/demand for these houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

alwald wrote: »
    hanaimai wrote:

Was there a big queue/demand for these houses?

Got there at 11 on the dot and there was quite a few people milling around, but I didn't see a queue. It looked like some people were finished already though so I'm not sure if they opened earlier than advertised or something? We went into the sales office around 11.20 and I think more than half the houses were sold already.

EDIT: Sorry, should specify I didn't see a queue out the door. There may well have been a queue in the sales office but there wasn't at 11.20 anyway, just busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

hanaimai wrote: »

I don’t think they prices have changed too much. All the earlier sales are on the property price register. Make sure you add 13.5% VAT on to the prices on the register to get the price paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Deirdreellen

Myself and the òther half are thinking of buying here, for anyone that is living here would you recommend the area? Very happy with what we have seen so far. What are the transport links like and also local shops etc. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Have they indicated if this will be the final phase? Or even still, is Phase 3 still being sold?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

R777B wrote: »
    Have they indicated if this will be the final phase? Or even still, is Phase 3 still being sold?

think it sold out at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Stheno wrote: »
    think it sold out at the weekend

There is no indication on the Savills website that it sold out https://search.savills.com/ie/en/list#/r/detail/gbnewhdun170450

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

R777B wrote: »

There will be a phase 4.

2 beds were originally €270,000/ €280,000 in phase 1. Phase 3 price €305,000
    3 beds were €315,000 in phase 1. Phase 3 price €330,000/€340,000
    4 beds were €345,000 Phase 3 price €385,000/€405,000

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Does anybody know when phase 4 is ready? How many units are there and any idea of prices?

Advertisement