Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employees not happy I earn more.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

You wouldn't even have to do that if you were discreet about your salary. It's none of their business and I can't fathom how they know it.

Jackie I suspect they counted up what they earn and deduct it from what the company earns and assume that the balance is the ops salary. People often assume that you are making a fortune and all profit goes into the owners pocket to spend as they wish. In reality that is not how limited companies work of course, the owner cannot dip into company bank accounts as they please.

davo10 wrote: »
    Jackie I suspect they counted up what they earn and deduct it from what the company earns and assume that the balance is the ops salary. People often assume that you are making a fortune and all profit goes into the owners pocket to spend as they wish. In reality that is not how limited companies work of course, the owner cannot dip into company bank accounts as they please.

You may be right Davo, it may just be a back of a beer mat calculation. But I get the impression from the OP's post that they KNOW what he earns.

Furthermore, any company where an employee feels comfortable enough letting their employer know that they have an issue with what he earns is dysfunctional.

I've worked in places like this where the boss is either (a) too indiscreet or (b) wants to be your friend more than he or she wants to be your boss and it's a recipe for disaster.

There is definitely something wrong at the top here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

You wouldn't even have to do that if you were discreet about your salary. It's none of their business and I can't fathom how they know it.

Presumably someone is doing his payroll for him, and said person has loose lips?

Or he left payslips / bank statements lying around, or xyz. Any number of ways they could have found out.

The only thing that matters it that it's not their business and they had no place bringing it up at all.

My own lads tried that with my brother and i a few years ago. Your "say that crap again and you are out the door" tone fixed that sharpish.

Advertisement