Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying In Scotland

Options
  • 16-07-2017 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys i'm going to make my ucas application for next years application soon and i just wanted to ask some advise from people's experience of studying in scotland.

The main places i'm looking are:
    Edinburgh
    Glasgow
    Stirling

Tbh i don't mind where i study as long as i get a place secured and start beginning my degree however i must take into consideration on financial aspects too as it has been a huge influence on me as i could of began my degree a long time!

Anyways i've read plenty of threads and articles online in relation to studying in the uk! I understand that the SAAS pays your fees so pretty much college is free except for maintenance costs for living, don't qualify for SUSI.

I'm wondering is there any organisation that takes care of this for irish students, let me know thanks

Also in regards to the cities above, what would you guys recommend if you've been residing in scotland for many years and the cost of living and type of people? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭drrkpd

No tuition fees are charged to Irish students studying in Scottish universities, which also see 400-500 new students starting their studies each year.This is from

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/opting-to-study-in-the-uk-europe-and-beyond-1.2063585

so no fees for Irish students until Brexit kicks in.
    I have worked and taught in Scotland but never studied there. Dundee is an excellent university and a good place to live so shoudl be considered. Sadly the uni students graduate from boards.ie forum and rarely respond- dont know where you will find them! Why not go over to an open day and see for yourself.

Advertisement