Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2017 Stage 15: Laissac-l'Église - LePuy. 12pm TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

Jesus that stage was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

That was brilliant today great racing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Dan Martin back in 5th ...good day fro him

Plus he is 1' 12" behind leader...he lost 1' 15" with the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

There's plenty of life left in this tour. Uran definitely the dark horse. Dan fantastic, hardly needs repeating. Landa....................

I'm not 100% convinced by this show of 'solidarity'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Itziger wrote: »
    There's plenty of life left in this tour. Uran definitely the dark horse. Dan fantastic, hardly needs repeating. Landa....................

In fairness, what more could Landa have done today, to show loyalty?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Eamonnator wrote: »
    In fairness, what more could Landa have done today, to show loyalty?

Given his wheel instead of Kwiakowski having to do it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Itziger wrote: »

Froome showed today how strong he is. Difficult to see anyone coming near him. He has yet to attack himself. If he does he could easily put another minute on the others.

Bardet and the others had a huge chance today and just didn't have the legs to do it.

Froome has a rest day now tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Froome has a rest day now tomorrow.

Everyone else gets a rest day too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Great racing and great tour in many ways so far. Alps will be very interesting and this year has at the very least spelt the end of the Froome dominance.
    He may still win but this will be his last tour I suspect (as a top GC man)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

RobFowl wrote: »
    Great racing and great tour in many ways so far. Alps will be very interesting and this year has at the very least spelt the end of the Froome dominance.
    He may still win but this will be his last tour I suspect (as a top GC man)

I am not sure, I think he wants to do the Tour / Vuelta double and took a risk coming into the Tour undercooked relatively, time will tell.

• Advertisement

I cant see Froome doing the Tour/Vuelta double

He is very good alright but he is not a step above alot of riders now like he was a few years ago ...and more importantly the others now know that

Some where Dumoulin & Nibali are sharping their form in anticipation of Spain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I cant see Froome doing the Tour/Vuelta double

He is very good alright but he is not a step above alot of riders now like he was a few years ago ...and more importantly the others now know that

Some where Dumoulin & Nibali are sharping their form in anticipation of Spain

Came close last year. Peaking differently this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I'd be surprised if Dumoulin was particularly focusing on the Vuelta gc. I'd guess his main objective for the rest of the season would be the Worlds tt. Obviously enough though I could be wrong. I'd hope Nibali would be aiming for the Vuelta though.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

How would Froome fair out if he swapped teams with Bardet, Aru, Quintana or Dan Martin and vice versa this year or previous years TDF?

The Skybots dominate stages from start to finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Hard to think of times when Dan has had a team mate around him at any (critical) part of important stages.
    His performance is fantastic. But surely QSF must have had an idea of his form and should have structured at least some part of the team around him.

rtmie wrote: »
    Hard to think of times when Dan has had a team mate around him at any (critical) part of important stages.
    His performance is fantastic. But surely QSF must have had an idea of his form and should have structured at least some part of the team around him.

Form hard to predict ...esp when high GC not done before

Look at Cannondale ...they had Uran & Talansky as co leaders...one is near the front ..the other near the back...one must imagine they were similar in training

Quickstep is not really a GC team...they came to the Tour to support Kittel...
    IF Dan Martin wants a team he will have to leave Quickstep

And I think this Tour's parcours really suit him

Top 10 last year! Podium in Dauphines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

After watching the highlights it looked like both lotto and sunweb riders were really helping Dan on the run in and it looked like Simon Getcha? told him to take his wheel when they came to the line.

After watching the highlights it looked like both lotto and sunweb riders were really helping Dan on the run in and it looked like Simon Getcha? told him to take his wheel when they came to the line.
    I'd say there's huge respect for Dan and how he is racing this race. In any cast, at that stage it was better for those guys to invest in staying away from the bunch after being in the break all day, regardless of their final position.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

How would Froome fair out if he swapped teams with Bardet, Aru, Quintana or Dan Martin and vice versa this year or previous years TDF?

The Skybots dominate stages from start to finish!

Today's stage was a good example of having a good team around you. When Froome had the mechanical he had the choice of 2 team mates' bikes to get a spare wheel from plus he then had Landa to pull him back.

That's where Dan is very vulnerable. Other than that though if you can't climb the hills you won't be winning irrespective of team mates.

Froome is in a different league to the rest of them. He is not very admired around here yet he seems to have it all - can climb, sprint, descend and time trial better than most guys plus he has got that hard hungry edge about him. He might not come across as very outgoing in interviews but he certainly has the right blend to win these tours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I thought the booing earlierof froome was a bit much...i thought that initial dispersions with sky/froome/wiggins from a few years ago had passed, and while maybe he is not as liked as a champion as say contador, nibali or evans, he is certainly admired by the french. Apparently not.

retalivity wrote: »
    I thought the booing earlierof froome was a bit much...i thought that initial dispersions with sky/froome/wiggins from a few years ago had passed, and while maybe he is not as liked as a champion as say contador, nibali or evans, he is certainly admired by the french. Apparently not.

It's a bit like Michael Schumacher and Ferrari in those years they dominated , makes for boring predictable races but not their fault it's up to everyone else to fight them for it. The booing showed a real lack of class from those involved. Any real fan whether they like sky or not would know they have a team of serious quality.

I don't like sky for these reasons btu I would hate to see them lose because of a mechanical like today, then they have excuses . Beat them on the road and show you can better them.

Pity Froome didn't have time for one of these moments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

The French don't like Froome or SKY in general. They have the same feelings towards the British in general so that may be part of it. No idea what's it's about but it's unlikely they will change their opinion.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    The French don't like Froome or SKY in general. They have the same feelings towards the British in general so that may be part of it. No idea what's it's about but it's unlikely they will change their opinion.

At least they ain't throwing bottles of wee at him this year

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

I'd imagine that there is extra dislike this year with Bardet challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Eh, wut?

I've been to France many times and never been booed. The booing is because they think Sky dope.

Lumen wrote: »
    Eh, wut?

I've been to France many times and never been booed. The booing is because they think Sky dope.

well they ought to poo Trek , Bora and Astana then

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

rtmie wrote: »
    I'd say there's huge respect for Dan and how he is racing this race. In any cast, at that stage it was better for those guys to invest in staying away from the bunch after being in the break all day, regardless of their final position.

I was surprised they stepped up for him to be honest. It'd be great to think that they decided to help a good guy out. Geshke and DeGendt are hardened pros, I can't see them racing that hard for 22nd place alone.
    Unless Lefevre flashed the cash or something? :cool:
    I love watching Dan. Someone better name him sportsman of the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Froome is in a different league to the rest of them. He is not very admired around here yet he seems to have it all - can climb, sprint, descend and time trial better than most guys plus he has got that hard hungry edge about him. He might not come across as very outgoing in interviews but he certainly has the right blend to win these tours.

I can't think of any finishes where I've seen Froome unleash a decent sprint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Lumen wrote: »

Eh, wut?

That's only because you throw on your Wicklow GAA kit and give it your best "begorah, where's me lucky charms?" so they think you are Irish!

Advertisement