Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usage charges ?

Options
  • 16-07-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got my bills and I paid more than usual.

I received 45€ for usual charge, could you explain me ?

My bundle tv and internet, no phone call. (I don't have phone).

I called 3 times the sales services (after the installation), to explain I don't want the phone. They said, it will appear on my list, however I will pay only for TV/Internet, and they cannot change it.

Thank in advance for your explanation.

for information :

You may have usage/excess charges on your bill for usage not covered by your broadband, home phone or mobile plan.

- Did you rent a movie?
    No.

- A discount or promotion may have finished e.g. 6 months free TV. Login to My eir to view your previous bills and credits.

The discount/promotion finished 4 or 5 months ago.

- You’ve added a service and it is now showing on your monthly bill.
    I didn't

- Have you missed a payment in error? Login to My eir to view your payment balance
    No

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi sqdz,

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I can then advise on this?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sqdz

I just sent you a PM Anna.

1500330897-untitled.png

As I said, I requested the technician to do not activate eir talk.

He told me to call your service, so I did it few days after (2 or 3 times, because I never was sure if eir talk was deactivated properly)

So I don't know how it possible to see the bills increase like this ?

Well, you didn't explain me the reason by PM, you just copy/past your template.

I want to know why my last bill is around 110e. (usually it's 65e)

Last chance, otherwise I call my bank to block eircom until I got the good answer.

And no I will not call a 4th time your services, I want at textual proof.

Well that come from a "Fair Usage Policy"

In my account : Broadband allowance Unlimited, and contract "unlimited broadband".

I would like to have possibility to talk with your juridic services.

Originally Posted by sqdz
    Hi,

In my account and contract : unlimited broadband.
    As you can see their : Your Broadband allowance Unlimited.

And you mean I need to pay because "Fair Usage Policy on your broadband package".

So this is simply a lie.

Our Fair Usage Policy is stated in our terms and conditions you can view this here https://www.eir.ie/policy/.

---

This is currently considered as deception in some countries in Europe.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, Fair Usage Policies do apply to our packages and this is stated in our terms and conditions for customers to read on our website.

I do apologise you were not aware of this, however, it is a customers responsibility to read these before agreeing to a contract.

Thanks,
    Anna

Seriously Anna, you just do not care. You try to keep this case close.

You know this rule because you work for Eircom. If another company will f... you like this... will you accept this answer "but why you didn t read the policy on our website" ? Probably because it s write everywhere it's "unlimited"

So what is unlimited ? The usage ? thank you god, because I sign a contract for 12months...

You try to hide this, hopefully in few months I can cancel my contract.

Ireland need definitely to do something with their ****ty ISP

I will do the necessary, no worries.
    Fred.

I'm sorry you feel this way, unfortunately, we do have Fair Usage Policies attached to all of our packages.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer you any better news on this.

-Anna

Which package have "Fair Usage Policies" ?

So I will have a look on my contract, your sale service change a lot of things on my contract without any textual proof (or signature of me). And if the call have been recorded, they never mentioned this modification of my contract.

If you have agreed to a package over the phone, this is a verbal agreement and does not require a signature.

All Fair Usage Policies that apply to packages are stated on the link provided.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

Hi Anna,

I click on the "term and condition" link provided in the mail of my contract, however except the download limit is unlimited I didn't find anything. I read most of your pdf.

So please show me the right paragraph, and my download limitation for my bundle.

ps- I subscribed end of 2016

Regards

eFibre Unlimited Broadband plans come with a Fair Usage Policy. For all customers on these plans, the Fair Usage Policy is 1TB of data. This translates to 1,024GB of data. To give you an idea, this would work out at 655,360 web pages (with 1.6MB average file size). 

While this is a huge amount of data, in extreme rare cases, we have had customers exceed this limit. For those that do a charge of €2.50(inc. VAT) for every 10 GB up to a maximum of €100(Inc.VAT) per month will apply. 

Thanks,
    Anna

So could you tell me what's "unlimited", if the limitation of the download is 1tb ?

This practice is illegal, and has been condemned by courts in most European countries.

As we can see in the articles below, some media show this bad practice. 

http://www.thejournal.ie/unlimited-plan-meaning-1722859-Oct2014
    https://www.comreg.ie/consumer-services/internet/

1TB is a joke in 2017, specially with the current games and 4k streaming on netflix.

Anyway, we can stop our conversion here.

I will dev a software to block the internet communication after 1TB.

Regards

Unfortunately, our fair usage policy does stand,

I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Thanks,
    Anna

And this offer is "really unlimited", or same thing with 1TB of download usage limit ?

1500738358-untitled.png

And in my account it's writted 397.649 GB / Unlimited

Why is it not 397.649 GB / 1TB ?

Could you give me the related link about this 1TB ? I find nothing in your terms.

Regards.

sqdz wrote: »
    And this offer is "really unlimited", or same thing with 1TB of download usage limit ?

1500738358-untitled.png

And in my account it's writted  397.649 GB / Unlimited

Why is it not 397.649 GB / 1TB ?

Could you give me the related link about this 1TB ? I find nothing in your terms.

Regards.
    Hi sqdz, 

The link for the terms and conditions in relation to this is - https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf 

It is within part 3.1 and under number 5 on the notes. 

Thanks

Anna 

Advertisement