Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay non-receipt case lost, what now?

Options
  • 16-07-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    Unregistered Users

Long story short - I bought something on Ebay, to be delivered through DPD Parcel Wizard.

Item never came, although tracking no. says otherwise. Contacted DPD and they said nothing arrived. So filled up ebay dispute and lost, got answer from them as follows:
    ebay wrote:
    [...] We're sorry you have a problem with your purchase. However, the seller provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to your address.

After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won't receive a refund. [...]

I guess the bunch of clowns known as Yodel probably delivered it to Parcel Motel or threw it to a random bin somewhere nearby, but obviously cannot prove it at all.

Now I have no money nor an item I paid for.

What are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

joujoujou wrote: »
    Long story short - I bought something on Ebay, to be delivered through DPD Parcel Wizard.

Item never came, although tracking no. says otherwise. Contacted DPD and they said nothing arrived. So filled up ebay dispute and lost, got answer from them as follows:

I guess the bunch of clowns known as Yodel probably delivered it to Parcel Motel or threw it to a random bin somewhere nearby, but obviously cannot prove it at all.

Now I have no money nor an item I paid for.

What are my options?

How did you pay for it? Can you do any kind of re-charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Paid by Paypal (and a BOI debit card linked). I know I can do a cashback thing through a bank, but I'd rather avoid that due to a very possible Paypal account suspension after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

Item never came, although tracking no. says otherwise. Contacted DPD and they said nothing arrived. So filled up ebay dispute and lost, got answer from them as follows: End QUOTE//

Have you got tracking info that says it was delivered to Parcel Motel? If you have, is it not up to Parcel Motel to compensate?

Unregistered Users

Tracking info I have says only it's delivered. Nothing else. How would PM be liable for misdelivered item? For me, it's an issue between seller and their chosen courier, not the place where (probably) item's been delivered to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Tracking info I have says only it's delivered. Nothing else. How would PM be liable for misdelivered item? For me, it's an issue between seller and their chosen courier, not the place where (probably) item's been delivered to.

Yes you're right it's the sellers problem.
    Also you can only claim the payment to be returned through the bank if you've tried and failed to get it through the seller, you can't just demand it without good reason.
    As it stands the seller does have proof of delivery so unfortunately it does look like it was delivered - the bank will accept that as proof too.

Have you asked to see the signature on the proof of delivery?

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

[...]

Have you asked to see the signature on the proof of delivery?

I'd love to, but I don't know who would I ask for. No such option on yodel's page and once ebay's case is closed I can't challenge that through ebay. Additionally, seller previously did not answer any of my queries, so I assume they wouldn't this time either. :(

You need to get more info from the seller re the delivery. Quite often there is more information you can get on tracking that is not displayed online. Or try ringing the courier yourself if you have the tracking number.

Looked at Yodel contact and it is a premium number but there is a web chat open tomorrow 8am - 10pm

http://www.yodel.co.uk/contact-yodel/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes, you need to request a proof of delivery.

For example with An Post.

Tracking: Delivered, Dublin 12.
    POD: Address, name of person, signature, timestamp.

Right now you cant be sure if Yodel (sellers responsibility) or DPD (your responsibility) screwed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

one of the down sides of Parcel Motel - the seller is contracted to provide it to he address you provide which was PM. They have done that and seem to have proof. What happens after that is not their problem and OP needs to sort out with PM.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Nope. I did not provide PM address. It was very likely delivered there by their mistake.

If courier delivered my item to my neighbour and forged my signature - was item delivered? YES. To the right address? NO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Nope. I did not provide PM address. It was very likely delivered there by their mistake.

If courier delivered my item to my neighbour and forged my signature - was item delivered? YES. To the right address? NO!!!

I think it's your post that's confusing people with all the details of couriers etc

What address did you give the seller your own or another?
    That's all that matters. If the seller has proof of delivery to that address and a signature to show it then their part is done

• Registered Users Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Open a dispute with Paypal, i know they are part of ebay but they are different divisions.

listermint wrote: »
    Open a dispute with Paypal, i know they are part of ebay but they are different divisions.

Paypal will side with the seller because they have proof of delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

listermint wrote: »

They are not... For two years now...

Ok it seems that the OP asked for delivery through Parcel Wizzard DPD not Parcel Motel.

Items are delivered to their post codes, I can't see how they would mix up the two even though they are in the same general area.

OP I would not rule out that DPD lost the package. Until you get a full picture with signature from Yodel you can't ascertain who is it a fault!

However, because you have no contract with Yodel they are not obliged to talk to you. The Ebay seller has the contract with Yodel but it seems from what you posted they are not willing to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Can I ask the OP why he/she thinks it went to Parcel Motel? I can't follow that at all.

Unregistered Users

Well, it's not in PW depot, and PM is just round the corner. And seeing what's yodel's attitude re: appropriate delivery I'd not be surprised they left it in random place. Go search youtube for evidence - there's plenty.

Asked PW if they have an item maybe mislabelled etc and gave them detailed description - it's not there. Never had any problems with PW, and loads of items went through flawlessly so far.

I got a tracked parcel delivered by An Post yesterday. The postman left it in the porch and signed for it himself! I think a lot of the couriers operate on a GPS tracking now. One Fastway driver I know throws the parcels over a side wall if no one is home.

Some online retailers like Amazon will look for a GPS track on the delivery in a disputed case but it seems Ebay don't. With the way couriers deliver parcels now though you would think all online selling platforms would insist on the seller providing GPS tracks.

Advertisement