Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses from and back to Beaumont Hospital

Options
  • 16-07-2017 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi, all you learned folk. I have a number of hours to wait on someone at Beaumont Hospital tomorrow, and wonder what are my options on buses that leave and return to the hospital. Where could I travel to for an hour or two with a direct bus link? I'm thinking shopping centres or nearby villages with nice shops or restaurants, please..... now, over to you for suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

17a goes to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

**edit, or if you take it the other direction, the terminus is a short walk from the coast, or a short DART ride out to Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Omni shopping centre is nearby. It's not exactly Dundrum or Blanch but it's got a large-ish selection of shops, a few cafes and restaurants, a bookshop and a cinema.

Beaumont isn't far from town either. The 27b takes you from the hospital grounds on a delightful tour of the north side to the city centre. The 16 picks you up at the gate and is a little more frequent and a little quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,413 ✭✭✭✭Victor

markpb wrote: »
    The 16 picks you up at the gate
    Route 14?

Route 104 will drop you outside Artaine Castle shopping centre or near the Omni Centre.

14 or 27b will get you into the city centre.

17a will get you to Northside Shopping Centre, Blanchardstown Centre or near Omni Centre.

If you only have an hour or two, note that city centre and Blanchardstown Centre is quite a distance away

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Victor wrote: »
    Route 14?

Route 105 will drop you outside Artaine Castle shopping centre or near the Omni Centre.

14 or 27b will get you into the city centre.

17a will get you to Northside Shopping Centre, Blanchardstown Centre or near Omni Centre.

If you only have an hour or two, note that city centre and Blanchardstown Centre is quite a distance away

104?

Advertisement