Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for 3 months unfairly

Options
  • 16-07-2017 6:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was banned for mentioning that travellers were involved with a fly tipping in Ireland. Is this not a fact that everyone knows? I didn't mean to offend anyone. You just have to google traveller fly tipping and you'll see that they do this all over UK and Ireland. I wont discuss travellers again on boards but 3 months is ridiculously harsh for saying something like that. Here's the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057764246

I tried discussing this with the mod who banned me but he told me to come here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for confirming in advance that you have attempted to resolve with then mod. I'll notify a CMod for you now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi Dr Crayfish, I will look into this. May I please request that you share your pm discussion with the Mod?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Sorry but I don't know how to share that, what's the easiest way?

Moderator Note

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104103056&postcount=8

Digs at travellers are not on and you know that.

Me: take a tiny look in the news and you'll see that this is what they are doing all over the country. 3 months, seriously!!???

Mod: Your last ban was a month and the next is 3 months. You've been around long enough to know not to take digs like that and tar an entire people with the one brush.

Me: I'm not tarring anyone with the same brush. There's one group in this country responsible for most illegal tipping and you bloody well know who it is. Why not take a look at the white irish thread and see how much tarring of muslims is going on there. It's disgraceful. Seriously unfair ban for a comment like that, the proof is there if you look for it.

Mod: I'm not looking for it. You said what you said and it's not on. Take it to the cmods in drp if you wish to contest further.

I said it was "probably" travellers. I mean it probably was. If I promise to not speculate again can the ban be overturned?

• Advertisement

Thank you Dr C, I am reviewing at the moment.

Okay, I have reviewed this with the banning Mod.
    Unfortunately, you can't make general sweeping statements like that with absolutely nothing to back it up but your own opinion.

To me, this is a slam dunk ban.

So the other area I can look at is the severity of the ban and at three months, I did think this was fairly excessive. However, when I looked at your record in AH over the past ten months, you have notched up seven mod actions, which six of were bans. That's some serious messing right there and I am not surprised at the length of the ban. AH is a seriously hard forum to mod and could really do without this type messing.

To that end, I have no reason to overturn your ban. Perhaps it will give you time to reconsider your posting style in that forum to avoid a future permanent ban.

Take Care,

LEIN

Sigh

This can be marked a resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement