Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SeamusHollahan

err..Yes of course

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

err..Yes of course

Did you not ring support and explain and fill them full of bs saying that you're family lives and travels do different places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

It's only a tenner for three months at the moment of you've already gotten your first three months @ 99c. I couldn't really pass up an offer that good, I use it constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SeamusHollahan

Did you not ring support and explain and fill them full of bs saying that you're family lives and travels do different places?

"Ring support"??? it's not ringing your insurance company! There is no support phone line or number to contact them on!! We all complained via twitter and emailed them through their support page but got the usual crap of how they would look into it etc blah blah blah..nothing came of it. Looks like they are determined to crack down on those who are flouting their rules and signing up non family members!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

" Looks like they are determined to crack down on those who are flouting their rules and signing up non family members!!

In fairness its a bit hard to blame them no??

Which is bit two faced of me as i rent out my sky go accounts!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

All my places are full for the offer anyways, please no new PMs

"Ring support"??? it's not ringing your insurance company! There is no support phone line or number to contact them on!! We all complained via twitter and emailed them through their support page but got the usual crap of how they would look into it etc blah blah blah..nothing came of it. Looks like they are determined to crack down on those who are flouting their rules and signing up non family members!!

How you mean its not like your insurance,you paid for a service can you not arguee your case over the phone,I'm am surprised there is no phone support.
    Still interested in a place if someone sets it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Ok, 2 spaces still available as people haven't gotten back to me. Hoping to set up over the weekend. If I can't get the numbers I think I'll jump into someone else's group if there's spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭bromley52

lads, BIG WORD OF WARNING HERE!!! i set up spotify family and added five of my mates. It all worked grand for 2 months until this week. They all received an email out of the blue to verfiy their address and reminded them that this service was ONLY for family members who lived at the same address.
    They asked each individual user to verify the postal code, that was it. After filling out this information, the next day without a word of a warning they reverted everyone back to spotify free with no reason given. My take on it was that they accessed GPS information and found that they weren't all at same address and also we using different IPs.

I tried re-adding them but it had blocked them. Anyway long story short, they all created new spotify accounts and i re-added them that way...we'll see how long this works for! Just thought i'd share this experience in case anyone is thinking its fool proof!!

Laters
    S

I'd presume it works off IP address. If it's used in the same house then the same IP would be used at least part of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

bromley52 wrote: »
    I'd presume it works off IP address. If it's used in the same house then the same IP would be used at least part of the time.

Yeah I was using Spotify USA and it said I hadn't been in the USA for 2 weeks so it was restricting my use. I logged on with a VPN and then it was grand but it could be something similar - they seem to be pretty full on with location tracking sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It would be a bit much of them to assume everyone uses home wifi. You might even have it but never switch the wi-fi on on your phone. Surely giving the same address should be enough for them.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    It would be a bit much of them to assume everyone uses home wifi. You might even have it but never switch the wi-fi on on your phone. Surely giving the same address should be enough for them.

Spotify don't know the circumstances of any family,why couldnt a family be spread across country/world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Spotify don't know the circumstances of any family,why couldnt a family be spread across country/world.

It's in the T&C they must all be at the same address.
    Premium for Family is available for you and up to 5 family members.
    All members must reside at the same address. Terms & Conditions apply

Well that sucks!
    Maybe they're only flagging accounts where someone has been abroad?

It's in the T&C they must all be at the same address.

Well that sucks!
    Maybe they're only flagging accounts where someone has been abroad?

Well this thread is going 3 months and only 1 group flaged ,should be fine.I'll roll the dice any way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Tried to get the three months for 99cent but it says I'm not eligible?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Tried to get the three months for 99cent but it says I'm not eligible?

Trying to do that too but I can't seem to reg as Irish, it seems to only have USA as an option.
    They are offering "non binary" as a gender choice though it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Ok, 2 spaces still available as people haven't gotten back to me. Hoping to set up over the weekend. If I can't get the numbers I think I'll jump into someone else's group if there's spaces.

I'll take a spot if there are still any available. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StiffOldMan

I'll take a spot too if available...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Still waiting for one person to send payment lads. He was supposed to tonight but hasn't yet. I'll give them till tomorrow and if not get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Unless those people only use Spotify via their mobile phones which would all have different IP addresses. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Unless those people only use Spotify via their mobile phones which would all have different IP addresses. :confused:

If there still using the house WiFi it would still be the same WiFi. Different MAC address, but the same IP address.

If there still using the house WiFi it would still be the same WiFi. Different MAC address, but the same IP address.

It wouldn't, IP Addresses are primarily for device identification, wouldn't work if a bunch had the same one.

Possible they run off location, but if you were using a data connection only, I don't think they'd have access to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It wouldn't, IP Addresses are primarily for device identification, wouldn't work if a bunch had the same one.

Possible they run off location, but if you were using a data connection only, I don't think they'd have access to that.

They all would have the same external IP if they are connected to the one router. Different internal IPs

FrostyJim wrote: »
    They all would have the same external IP if they are connected to the one router. Different internal IPs

Ah... Showing my limited smarts there, sorry Hollister :p

Any spots free, I'm still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Gotta say I'm happy enough with my €5 per month deal with a Vodafone SIM and Spotify Premium add-on. Check out the original thread on this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057601670&page=2

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Deezer is now running the exact same family membership offer. Might be useful if folk run into issues with Spotify (or just prefer Deezer).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Quackster wrote: »
    Deezer is now running the exact same family membership offer. Might be useful if folk run into issues with Spotify (or just prefer Deezer).

No Amazon Echo, No deal. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

The 0.99c for 3 months deal, is there anyway to use a gift card MasterCard for the account? I keep getting an error message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,563 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It's balls that it doesn't allow you to use the same payment card for the 99c deal as I was getting it for two of my kids but it wouldn't let me had to use 3 different cards

Advertisement